|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dignified banker in this section?
(a) Curtis Jennings.
(b) Jack Jones.
(c) Gavin Lamb.
(d) David Lemon.
2. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Cottage pie.
3. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
(a) MacArthur Park.
(b) County Park.
(c) Hollywood Park.
(d) Loomers Park.
4. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
(c) New Orleans.
5. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) His own house.
(b) A dog.
(c) A nice lady.
(d) A good job.
6. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
7. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Franz Kafka.
(b) Henry Green.
(c) Lawrence Durrell.
(d) Henry Miller.
8. What does Henry say he looks like as he emerges in great pain from the bathroom?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A cat.
9. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
(b) A letter.
10. What does Henry's boss at the automobile company order him not to do at work?
(b) Tell jokes.
11. Who does Brad say Henry should not talk to?
(a) The help.
(b) The servants.
(c) The women.
(d) The children.
12. What music does Henry listen to in this chapter?
13. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
(a) The mens' room.
(b) The pool room.
(c) The library.
(d) The Ladies' room.
14. Where do Henry and Laura steal cigarettes from?
(a) Parked cars.
(b) People's pockets.
15. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(a) A loser.
(b) A fag.
(d) A prick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan make for Henry's penis in this section?
2. What does Henry send Jan out to buy?
3. What does the Yellow Cab Company require as part of its application process?
4. What does Henry say is worth seeing at Montie's cafe?
5. What does Henry buy with his winnings?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)