|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry use to collect for the Red Cross?
2. What does Henry say is worth seeing at Montie's cafe?
(a) The waitress.
(b) The decor.
(c) The pet canary.
(d) The cakes.
3. What does Henry leave the house to buy at the end of this section?
(d) A newspaper.
4. Why does Henry think he has turned into a fag?
(a) He cleans his apartment.
(b) He invites a man to his apartment.
(c) He turns down a beautiful woman.
(d) He fantacizes about a man.
5. What newspaper offers Henry a job in maintenance?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Yearbook.
(d) The Daily Echo.
6. What does Henry say cost him his job?
(a) A three-day bender.
(b) Stealing the money.
(c) Being late for work.
(d) Having sex in the shop.
7. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
8. What does Jan make for Henry's penis in this section?
(a) A wool warmer.
(b) A paper hat.
(c) A pair of glasses.
(d) A tie.
9. Where does Henry say he first realized he was an idiot?
(a) In a bar.
(b) When he met Jan.
(c) At home.
(d) At school.
10. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Tompkins.
(b) Mrs. Jackson.
(c) Mrs. Smits.
(d) Mrs. Adams.
11. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(a) A loser.
(b) A prick.
(d) A fag.
12. What does Henry like to bet on?
(b) The horses.
13. What is the first job Herman gives to Henry?
(a) Cleaning the typewriters.
(b) Making coffee.
(c) Cleaning the toilets.
(d) Shining the brass rails.
14. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
15. How does Henry describe Mr. Hansen?
(d) Long nosed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
2. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
3. What does Henry say he looks like as he emerges in great pain from the bathroom?
4. What kind of car does Mary Lou drive?
5. Where does Henry see a job ad?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)