|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his possessions does Henry tell Jan to keep?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His books.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His car.
2. What is Henry caught stealing in this section?
(a) A pear.
(b) An eggplant.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A chocolate.
3. What does Henry say he wants to ride towards a virginal fourteen-year-old?
(a) A goat.
(b) A camel.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ostrich.
4. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
(d) A letter.
5. What nickname does Jan give Henry in this section?
(a) Horse Brain.
(b) Horsie Worsie.
(c) Horse Power Boy.
(d) Mr. Big Horseplayer.
6. What kind of music does Henry like to listen to at home?
(a) Opera music.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Jazz music.
7. Who does Alabam like to attack when he is drunk?
8. Whose record does Henry say he will break?
9. Where do Henry and Laura steal cigarettes from?
(b) Parked cars.
(c) People's pockets.
10. Where does a poor clerk meet a rich girl in Henry's story?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A clothes store.
(c) A book store.
(d) A beach.
11. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(a) A loser.
(c) A fag.
(d) A prick.
12. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
(b) Junior reporter.
(c) Chief reporter.
13. What did Henry use to collect for the Red Cross?
14. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Cottage pie.
(d) Beef stew.
15. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is three different colors.
(b) It is brittle.
(c) It is grey.
(d) It is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jan making when Henry is caught stealing?
2. Where does Jan drive Henry to?
3. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
4. When does Henry say he prefers sex?
5. What does Henry say cost him his job?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)