|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is brittle.
(b) It is grey.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) It is black.
2. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
3. What is the name of the dignified banker in this section?
(a) Jack Jones.
(b) Curtis Jennings.
(c) David Lemon.
(d) Gavin Lamb.
4. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Henry Green.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Lawrence Durrell.
(d) Henry Miller.
5. What is the name of the warehouse owner?
(a) Mr. Mantz.
(b) Mr. Dennis.
(c) Mr. Toms.
(d) Mr. Jones.
6. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
(a) How to drive.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to live.
(d) How to have fun.
7. Where does Henry go to try and get a reporting job?
(a) The Oracle Building.
(b) The Chronicle Builing.
(c) The Hochmeister Building.
(d) Times Building.
8. What is Jan making when Henry is caught stealing?
(a) Carrot cake.
9. When does Henry say he prefers sex?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) During the day.
(c) At night.
(d) On the weekend.
10. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(b) A prick.
(c) A fag.
(d) A loser.
11. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
12. Where does Henry say he first realized he was an idiot?
(a) At school.
(b) When he met Jan.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At home.
13. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
(a) Loomers Park.
(b) MacArthur Park.
(c) Hollywood Park.
(d) County Park.
14. What kind of music does Henry like to listen to at home?
(a) Opera music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Jazz music.
15. What is the first job Herman gives to Henry?
(a) Cleaning the toilets.
(b) Shining the brass rails.
(c) Making coffee.
(d) Cleaning the typewriters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Mrs. Adam his job is?
2. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
3. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
4. What does Henry say he wants to ride towards a virginal fourteen-year-old?
5. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)