|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What track do Manny and Henry drive to after work?
(a) Hollywood Park.
(b) Hampden Park.
(c) Rangers Pak.
(d) LA Park.
2. What newspaper offers Henry a job in maintenance?
(a) The Yearbook.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Daily Echo.
(d) The Chronicle.
3. What is the name of the cafe where Henry goes for a drink?
4. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
5. What does Endicot do for a living?
(c) Sells real estate.
(d) Sells books.
6. Where does Henry meet Jan?
(a) The lunch counter.
(b) The warehouse.
(c) The alleyway.
(d) The storeroom.
7. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
8. What is Jan making when Henry is caught stealing?
(d) Carrot cake.
9. What does Henry like to bet on?
(c) The horses.
10. What test does Henry fail in this section?
(a) A psychological test.
(b) A spelling test.
(c) A breath test.
(d) An IQ test.
11. Where does Henry go to try and get a reporting job?
(a) The Chronicle Builing.
(b) Times Building.
(c) The Oracle Building.
(d) The Hochmeister Building.
12. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 59?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. What is George Fellows' nickname?
14. What is Henry's position at the Graphic Cherub Art Supply?
(a) Travel Agent.
(b) Marketing Manager.
(c) Shipping Clerk.
15. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
2. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
3. What does Henry's boss at the automobile company order him not to do at work?
4. Whose record does Henry say he will break?
5. Where does Henry see a job ad?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)