|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry use to collect for the Red Cross?
2. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
(b) A letter.
3. Who does Brad say Henry should not talk to?
(a) The servants.
(b) The women.
(c) The children.
(d) The help.
4. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
5. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Tompkins.
(b) Mrs. Adams.
(c) Mrs. Smits.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
6. Which of Henry's friends does Jan look like?
7. What music does Henry listen to in this chapter?
8. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
9. What is the name of the dignified banker in this section?
(a) Curtis Jennings.
(b) Jack Jones.
(c) Gavin Lamb.
(d) David Lemon.
10. What kind of car does Mary Lou drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Vector.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A Limousine.
11. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
(a) The library.
(b) The mens' room.
(c) The pool room.
(d) The Ladies' room.
12. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Henry Green.
(d) Lawrence Durrell.
13. How does Henry describe Mr. Hansen?
(d) Long nosed.
14. Who does Alabam like to attack when he is drunk?
15. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) A nice lady.
(b) A dog.
(c) His own house.
(d) A good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe his role at the clothing store?
2. What does Henry say he looks like as he emerges in great pain from the bathroom?
3. What does Henry tell Mrs. Adam his job is?
4. Which of his possessions does Henry tell Jan to keep?
5. When does Henry say he prefers sex?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)