|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry meet Jan?
(a) The warehouse.
(b) The storeroom.
(c) The lunch counter.
(d) The alleyway.
2. What does Henry say he looks like as he emerges in great pain from the bathroom?
(a) A cat.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A squirrel.
3. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A local bakers.
(c) An auto parts warehouse.
(d) A local bar.
4. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
5. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
6. What is Henry caught stealing in this section?
(a) An eggplant.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A pear.
7. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
(a) How to live.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to have fun.
(d) How to drive.
8. Which of his possessions does Henry tell Jan to keep?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His car.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His books.
9. Where does Henry say he first realized he was an idiot?
(a) In a bar.
(b) At home.
(c) When he met Jan.
(d) At school.
10. Whose record does Henry say he will break?
11. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
(a) Mannie Feldman.
(b) Jackson Fordam.
(c) Gordon Fix.
(d) Jack Parks.
12. What is the name of the tiny black man at Henry's work?
13. What country is Hector's wife from?
14. What does Henry say cost him his job?
(a) Being late for work.
(b) A three-day bender.
(c) Stealing the money.
(d) Having sex in the shop.
15. What excites Henry about Jan?
(a) Her meaness and hostility.
(b) Her sense of fun.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George Fellows' nickname?
2. What kind of beer does Henry buy at the end of this section?
3. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
4. Where does Henry see a job ad?
5. What test does Henry fail in this section?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)