|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does Henry listen to in this chapter?
2. What does Henry say is worth seeing at Montie's cafe?
(a) The pet canary.
(b) The cakes.
(c) The decor.
(d) The waitress.
3. Where does Henry get a job at the beginning of this section?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A factory.
(c) A bicycle shop.
(d) A bar.
4. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
(a) His chin.
(b) His ear.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His nose.
5. What test does Henry fail in this section?
(a) A breath test.
(b) A spelling test.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A psychological test.
6. What excites Henry about Jan?
(a) Her energy.
(b) Her sense of fun.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her meaness and hostility.
7. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
8. What is Henry's position at the Graphic Cherub Art Supply?
(b) Shipping Clerk.
(c) Travel Agent.
(d) Marketing Manager.
9. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is three different colors.
(b) It is black.
(c) It is brittle.
(d) It is grey.
10. What is the first job Herman gives to Henry?
(a) Cleaning the toilets.
(b) Making coffee.
(c) Shining the brass rails.
(d) Cleaning the typewriters.
11. Where do Henry and Laura steal cigarettes from?
(a) Parked cars.
(d) People's pockets.
12. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
13. What did Henry use to collect for the Red Cross?
14. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
(a) A local bakers.
(b) A local bar.
(c) An auto parts warehouse.
(d) A gas station.
15. Which of Henry's friends does Jan look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
2. What does Henry tell Mrs. Adam his job is?
3. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
4. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
5. Who does Alabam like to attack when he is drunk?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)