|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry get a job at the beginning of this section?
(a) A bar.
(b) A factory.
(c) A bicycle shop.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
3. What does Henry use to clean the sidewalk?
(a) A mop.
(b) A hose.
(c) A cloth.
(d) A bucket of water.
4. What does Henry's boss at the automobile company order him not to do at work?
(b) Tell jokes.
5. What did Henry use to collect for the Red Cross?
6. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Tompkins.
(b) Mrs. Adams.
(c) Mrs. Smits.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
7. Where does Henry say he first realized he was an idiot?
(a) In a bar.
(b) At school.
(c) When he met Jan.
(d) At home.
8. Which of his possessions does Henry tell Jan to keep?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His books.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His car.
9. What does Henry send Jan out to buy?
10. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
(a) The Ladies' room.
(b) The library.
(c) The pool room.
(d) The mens' room.
11. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Lawrence Durrell.
(b) Henry Green.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Franz Kafka.
12. What is Henry caught stealing in this section?
(a) An eggplant.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A pear.
13. What does Henry say he wants to ride towards a virginal fourteen-year-old?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) An ostrich.
(d) A camel.
14. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is brittle.
(b) It is three different colors.
(c) It is grey.
(d) It is black.
15. What is Henry's position at the Graphic Cherub Art Supply?
(a) Marketing Manager.
(b) Travel Agent.
(c) Shipping Clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
2. When does Laura like to have sex?
3. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
4. What is the name of the dignified banker in this section?
5. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)