|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
(a) A local bakers.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A local bar.
(d) An auto parts warehouse.
2. What does Henry leave the house to buy at the end of this section?
(b) A newspaper.
3. Whose record does Henry say he will break?
4. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) His own house.
(b) A good job.
(c) A nice lady.
(d) A dog.
5. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
6. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
7. What kind of music does Henry like to listen to at home?
(a) Jazz music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Opera music.
(d) Rock music.
8. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is brittle.
(b) It is black.
(c) It is grey.
(d) It is three different colors.
9. Where does Henry see a job ad?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) A cafe.
10. What is the name of the cafe where Henry goes for a drink?
11. What is Jan making when Henry is caught stealing?
(a) Carrot cake.
12. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
13. Who does Henry describe as intense and intelligent looking?
14. What does Henry say cost him his job?
(a) Stealing the money.
(b) A three-day bender.
(c) Being late for work.
(d) Having sex in the shop.
15. Who does Brad say Henry should not talk to?
(a) The women.
(b) The children.
(c) The servants.
(d) The help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
2. What country is Hector's wife from?
3. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
4. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
5. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)