|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe his role at the clothing store?
(a) An extra ball bearing.
(b) A loud yob.
(c) A greeter.
(d) A fun filled manager.
2. Which of Henry's friends does Jan look like?
3. What does Henry send Jan out to buy?
4. What is the name of the horse Manny suggests will win?
(a) My Boy Bobby.
(b) Hello Dandy.
(c) Red Rum.
5. What excites Henry about Jan?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her energy.
(c) Her sense of fun.
(d) Her meaness and hostility.
6. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
(a) His ear.
(b) His nose.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His chin.
7. What is the name of the park where Henry stalls his car?
(a) County Park.
(b) Loomers Park.
(c) MacArthur Park.
(d) Hollywood Park.
8. What kind of beer does Henry buy at the end of this section?
(a) Grand Bob.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) Grand Dad.
9. What does the Yellow Cab Company require as part of its application process?
(b) Blood testing.
(c) Drug testing.
(d) IQ test.
10. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Lawrence Durrell.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Henry Green.
11. What is George Fellows' nickname?
12. Where does Henry see a job ad?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A clothing store.
13. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Smits.
(b) Mrs. Jackson.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Tompkins.
14. What city does Vera prostitute herself in?
15. What does Henry say he looks like as he emerges in great pain from the bathroom?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
2. Who does Alabam like to attack when he is drunk?
3. What sport was Manny a star in his youth?
4. What nickname does Jan give Henry in this section?
5. What country is Hector's wife from?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)