|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does Henry listen to in this chapter?
2. What is Herman Barnes' role at The Times?
(a) Junior reporter.
(b) Chief reporter.
3. What is Jan making when Henry is caught stealing?
(d) Carrot cake.
4. What does Henry tell Mrs. Adam his job is?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A magazine writer.
(d) An actor.
5. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 59?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What does Henry like to bet on?
(a) The horses.
7. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
(a) Beef stew.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Cottage pie.
8. What part of Henry's body does Endicot bite?
(a) His ear.
(b) His cheek.
(c) His chin.
(d) His nose.
9. Where does Henry go to try and get a reporting job?
(a) The Chronicle Builing.
(b) The Hochmeister Building.
(c) Times Building.
(d) The Oracle Building.
10. What does the Yellow Cab Company require as part of its application process?
(a) IQ test.
(b) Drug testing.
(c) Blood testing.
11. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
(a) Jack Parks.
(b) Gordon Fix.
(c) Jackson Fordam.
(d) Mannie Feldman.
12. What is Jan's role at the Durham hotel?
13. What part of Henry's body is itching in this section?
(a) His feet.
(b) His ears.
(c) His hair.
(d) His crotch.
14. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) A dog.
(b) His own house.
(c) A nice lady.
(d) A good job.
15. What does Endicot do for a living?
(b) Sells real estate.
(d) Sells books.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Laura like to have sex?
2. What track do Manny and Henry drive to after work?
3. Where does a poor clerk meet a rich girl in Henry's story?
4. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
5. What is the name of the tiny black man at Henry's work?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)