|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the manager's secretary?
2. What does Henry say is worth seeing at Montie's cafe?
(a) The decor.
(b) The waitress.
(c) The cakes.
(d) The pet canary.
3. What does Laura like to cook when they can afford it?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Cottage pie.
4. Whose record does Henry say he will break?
5. What kind of beer does Henry buy at the end of this section?
(a) Grand Dad.
(b) Grand Bob.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) Uncle Tom.
6. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Henry Green.
(b) Lawrence Durrell.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Franz Kafka.
7. What does Smithson say he will teach the men?
(a) How to drive.
(b) How to have fun.
(c) How to drink.
(d) How to live.
8. What is Feldman trying to do at the same time as collecting insurance?
(b) Go bankrupt.
(c) Kill himself.
9. What does Henry say he thinks of as a second home?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A local bar.
(c) An auto parts warehouse.
(d) A local bakers.
10. Where does Henry see a job ad?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A clothing store.
11. When does Henry say he prefers sex?
(a) On the weekend.
(b) At night.
(c) During the day.
(d) In the mornings.
12. What is the name of Henry's new boss?
(a) Jack Parks.
(b) Mannie Feldman.
(c) Jackson Fordam.
(d) Gordon Fix.
13. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Adams.
(c) Mrs. Tompkins.
(d) Mrs. Smits.
14. Who does Alabam like to attack when he is drunk?
15. What does Henry notice about Jan's hair in the morning?
(a) It is black.
(b) It is three different colors.
(c) It is brittle.
(d) It is grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the warehouse owner?
2. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
3. What is the first job Herman gives to Henry?
4. What is the name of the dignified banker in this section?
5. How does Smithson signify that the driver must slam on his brakes?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)