|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Jan give Henry in this section?
(a) Horsie Worsie.
(b) Mr. Big Horseplayer.
(c) Horse Power Boy.
(d) Horse Brain.
2. What test does Henry fail in this section?
(a) A breath test.
(b) A spelling test.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A psychological test.
3. What music does Henry listen to in this chapter?
4. Which of Henry's friends does Jan look like?
5. What does the Yellow Cab Company require as part of its application process?
(a) Blood testing.
(b) Drug testing.
(c) IQ test.
6. Where does Henry see a job ad?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What author does Henry read on the way to Miami?
(a) Henry Green.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Lawrence Durrell.
8. What is George Fellows' nickname?
9. What does Henry send Jan out to buy?
10. What does Henry say he discovers in the fabric of a pair of pants?
(b) A letter.
11. What does Vera call Henry for declining her?
(b) A fag.
(c) A prick.
(d) A loser.
12. Where does Mary Lou have sex with Bud?
(a) The mens' room.
(b) The library.
(c) The pool room.
(d) The Ladies' room.
13. What does Henry say cost him his job?
(a) Having sex in the shop.
(b) Being late for work.
(c) Stealing the money.
(d) A three-day bender.
14. Where does Jan drive Henry to?
(a) The fire station.
(b) The police station.
(c) The Greyhound station.
(d) The train station.
15. What does Mrs. Adams say Henry needs?
(a) His own house.
(b) A dog.
(c) A good job.
(d) A nice lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry leave the house to buy at the end of this section?
2. When does Laura like to have sex?
3. What does Endicot do for a living?
4. When does Henry say he prefers sex?
5. What does Henry's boss at the automobile company order him not to do at work?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)