|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
2. Who is receiving $50 a month from Willie for the rest of her life?
3. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) An auto parts warehouse.
(c) A library.
(d) A gas station.
4. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A liquor store.
5. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
(d) Pipe tobacco.
6. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A pillow fight.
(c) An apple fight.
(d) A snowball fight.
7. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
8. Where does Henry sleep the night?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) The park.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The zoo.
9. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Gangplank Cafe.
(b) The Pirate Cafe.
(c) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(d) The Barfly Cafe.
10. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) Her nails.
(d) A knife.
11. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
(a) When he is away.
(b) In the holidays.
(c) When he is drinking.
(d) After midnight.
12. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
13. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
14. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
(a) So he can stay faithful.
(b) So he can feel loved.
(c) So he can cheat on her.
(d) So he can feel satisfied.
15. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(b) The boss hates him.
(c) He does not want to work mornings.
(d) He does not get a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
2. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
3. Who drives Henry home from the bar?
4. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
5. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)