|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
2. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Breaking his curfew.
(b) Going home to his parents.
(c) Enrolling at university.
(d) Killing himself.
3. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
4. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His arm.
(b) His eye.
(c) His hair.
(d) His leg.
5. What does Henry plead guilty to?
(a) Blocking traffic.
(b) Injuring a minor.
(c) Breaching the peace.
(d) Stealing alcohol.
6. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Company at the races.
(b) Proof of his identity.
(c) Rent money.
(d) Peace and quiet.
7. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) He wakes up too late.
(c) He loses his razor.
(d) He wants to show his true self.
8. What does Henry do every night after work?
(a) Attends church.
(d) Watches films.
9. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Choice of music.
(b) Free bar snacks.
(c) Free drinks.
(d) Choice of women.
10. Who drives Henry home from the bar?
(a) The bar owner.
(b) The police.
(c) The fire brigade.
(d) A prostitute.
11. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A motel.
(c) A soup kitchen.
(d) His parent's house.
12. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(a) Venetian blinds.
(b) Pool tables.
13. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A pizza.
14. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) Her nails.
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken bottle.
15. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He does not want to work mornings.
(b) The boss hates him.
(c) He does not get a raise.
(d) He gets the oldest vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
2. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
3. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
4. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
5. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)