|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Going home to his parents.
(b) Breaking his curfew.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Enrolling at university.
2. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His eye.
(b) His hair.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
3. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Free bar snacks.
(b) Free drinks.
(c) Choice of women.
(d) Choice of music.
4. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A streetcar.
(c) A tram.
(d) A train.
5. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Cheese biscuits.
(b) Chocolate biscuits.
(c) Dog biscuits.
(d) Cream biscuits.
6. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
7. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
(a) Gran Godly.
(b) Phylis Formby.
(c) Tammy Goodwin.
(d) Mama Strader.
8. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(c) Eagle like.
9. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) People in the subway.
(b) The street performers.
(c) The street prostitutes.
(d) The beggars.
10. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) To he is rude to customers.
(b) He is abusive to staff.
(c) He is always late.
(d) He drinks too much.
11. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
12. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Film music.
(b) Cabaret music.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Symphony music.
13. Who is Willie's main girl?
14. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Tickets for food and a room.
(b) A night in a bar.
(c) Music and party food.
(d) Money for food and room.
15. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(c) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
2. Where does Henry promise to take Gertrude?
3. What is the name of Laura's street?
4. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
5. Who drives Henry home from the bar?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)