|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A whorehouse.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) An outhouse.
2. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) The Persian rug.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The kitchen floor.
3. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) He hates reading.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He is serious about life.
4. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
5. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
6. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Miss Opening.
(b) Miss Filby.
(c) Mrs. Downing.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
7. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(b) He does not get a raise.
(c) The boss hates him.
(d) He does not want to work mornings.
8. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A drug dealer.
9. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
10. What does Henry do every night after work?
(a) Watches films.
(d) Attends church.
11. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
12. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. Who is Willie's main girl?
14. What is the name of the bar owner's husband?
(a) Henry Toms.
(b) Johnny Boy.
(c) Billy Boy.
(d) Damien Cox.
15. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(c) Eagle like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
2. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
3. What does Henry pawn in this section?
4. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
5. Where does Henry go once he has money?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)