Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
2. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has a boyfriend.
3. Where does Henry wake up the morning after the bar fight?
(a) A forest.
(b) A jail cell.
(c) A car.
(d) A hotel room.
4. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Pirate Cafe.
(c) The Barfly Cafe.
(d) The Gangplank Cafe.
5. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(a) Subway maps.
(b) Warning signs.
6. What is the name of Willie's opera?
(a) The Queen of America.
(b) The Rajah of LA.
(c) The King of New York.
(d) The Emperor of San Francisco.
7. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
8. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
(a) After midnight.
(b) In the holidays.
(c) When he is away.
(d) When he is drinking.
9. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
10. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(a) Delivery driver.
(d) Garbage collector.
11. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His eye.
(d) His hair.
12. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) He wants to show his true self.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) He wakes up too late.
(d) He loses his razor.
13. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Rent money.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) Proof of his identity.
(d) Company at the races.
14. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
15. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
2. What kind of bar is Bar O?
3. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
4. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
5. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)