|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Tickets for food and a room.
(b) A night in a bar.
(c) Music and party food.
(d) Money for food and room.
2. Who does Henry claim not to like?
3. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
(a) In the holidays.
(b) When he is drinking.
(c) When he is away.
(d) After midnight.
4. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His eye.
(d) His hair.
5. What college did Henry attend?
(a) Los Angeles City College.
(b) San Francisco City College.
6. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She has a boyfriend.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A drug dealer.
8. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) Company at the races.
(c) Rent money.
(d) Proof of his identity.
9. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(c) The Beatles.
10. Where does Henry find work in this section?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A tailors.
(c) A ladies' dress shop.
(d) A dog food factory.
11. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
(a) A gas station.
(b) An auto parts warehouse.
(c) A library.
(d) A boarding school.
12. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
13. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(c) Stuffed animals.
(d) Movie posters.
14. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) The street prostitutes.
(b) The street performers.
(c) People in the subway.
(d) The beggars.
15. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(d) Eagle like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry cash in to get money?
2. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
3. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
4. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
5. Where does Henry sleep the night?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)