|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A bar.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A house party.
2. Where does Henry go once he has money?
(a) A bookshop.
(b) A bar.
(c) The cinema.
(d) A brothel.
3. What does Henry pawn in this section?
4. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Film music.
(b) Cabaret music.
(c) Symphony music.
(d) Rock music.
5. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(b) The Beatles.
6. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) An old lady.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A homeless man.
7. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What is the blond woman's name?
9. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He is always late.
(b) He is abusive to staff.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) To he is rude to customers.
10. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
11. What part of New York does Henry move to?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Greenwich Village.
12. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His eye.
(c) His hair.
(d) His arm.
13. Where does Henry wake up the morning after the bar fight?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A jail cell.
(c) A car.
(d) A forest.
14. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) The beggars.
(b) The street prostitutes.
(c) People in the subway.
(d) The street performers.
15. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Tickets for food and a room.
(b) Money for food and room.
(c) Music and party food.
(d) A night in a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
2. Where does Henry find work in this section?
3. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
4. What is Gertrude's room full of?
5. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)