|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hair.
(d) His eye.
2. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
(a) A train.
(b) A motorbike.
(c) A tram.
(d) A streetcar.
3. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
4. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) Music and party food.
(b) Money for food and room.
(c) A night in a bar.
(d) Tickets for food and a room.
5. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
6. What college did Henry attend?
(a) Los Angeles City College.
(d) San Francisco City College.
7. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Enlisting in the army.
(b) Marrying a decent woman.
(c) Not making use of his literary talents.
(d) Finishing college.
8. What does Willie say he needs for his opera?
(a) A conducter.
(b) A singer.
(c) A librettist.
(d) A soundman.
9. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) A knife.
(b) Her nails.
(c) A broken bottle.
10. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
11. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
12. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Miss Opening.
(b) Miss Filby.
(c) Mrs. Downing.
(d) Mrs. Jackson.
14. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(d) Eagle like.
15. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) To he is rude to customers.
(b) He is abusive to staff.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is always late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry move to after New York?
2. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
3. Who does Henry describe as insects?
4. Where does Henry go with Tim?
5. What state does Henry travel to after New Orleans?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)