|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(a) The Beatles.
2. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
3. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Alvarado St.
(b) Regents St.
(c) Formby St.
(d) Bond St.
4. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Enrolling at university.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Going home to his parents.
(d) Breaking his curfew.
5. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) He is serious about life.
(c) He hates reading.
(d) He prefers men.
6. Where does Henry promise to take Gertrude?
(a) The cinema.
(b) The local bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The theater.
7. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) People in the subway.
(b) The beggars.
(c) The street prostitutes.
(d) The street performers.
8. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
(a) A pillow fight.
(b) A knife fight.
(c) An apple fight.
(d) A snowball fight.
9. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(b) Pool tables.
(d) Venetian blinds.
10. In what city does Henry swap trains?
(c) El Paso.
11. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(b) Subway maps.
(c) Warning signs.
12. What has Henry been sending to magazines three times a week?
13. What does Henry pawn in this section?
14. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
15. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) A knife.
(b) Her nails.
(d) A broken bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do every night after work?
2. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
3. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
4. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
5. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)