|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Mrs. Jackson.
(b) Miss Opening.
(c) Mrs. Downing.
(d) Miss Filby.
2. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
3. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He prefers men.
(b) He is a workaholic.
(c) He is serious about life.
(d) He hates reading.
4. Where does Henry find work in this section?
(a) A tailors.
(b) A dog food factory.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A ladies' dress shop.
5. What has Willie strewn across his apartment floor?
(b) Wax figures.
(d) Broken glass.
6. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Free drinks.
(b) Choice of women.
(c) Free bar snacks.
(d) Choice of music.
7. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
8. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Shucking clams.
(b) Plucking turkeys.
(c) Moving crates.
(d) Deboning salmon.
9. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He is abusive to staff.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) To he is rude to customers.
(d) He is always late.
10. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A chocolate.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A pastry.
11. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Gangplank Cafe.
(c) The Barfly Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
12. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(a) Movie posters.
(b) Stuffed animals.
13. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
14. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Marrying a decent woman.
(b) Finishing college.
(c) Enlisting in the army.
(d) Not making use of his literary talents.
15. What does Henry do every night after work?
(a) Watches films.
(b) Attends church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
2. In what city does Henry swap trains?
3. Where does Henry sleep the night?
4. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
5. What does Henry cash in to get money?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)