|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry promise to take Gertrude?
(a) The cinema.
(b) The theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The local bar.
2. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
3. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(b) Delivery driver.
(d) Garbage collector.
4. How does Henry describe the man who has to show him his job at the factory?
(a) A toothless elf.
(b) A wannabe manager.
(c) A hairless virgin.
(d) An ugly pug.
5. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He does not get a raise.
(b) He does not want to work mornings.
(c) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(d) The boss hates him.
6. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
7. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
8. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Shucking clams.
(b) Moving crates.
(c) Deboning salmon.
(d) Plucking turkeys.
9. What does Henry plead guilty to?
(a) Blocking traffic.
(b) Breaching the peace.
(c) Stealing alcohol.
(d) Injuring a minor.
10. Who is Willie's main girl?
11. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(a) Eagle like.
12. What part of Willie's body is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hair.
(d) His eye.
13. What does Henry do every night after work?
(a) Attends church.
(c) Watches films.
14. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(a) Pool tables.
(c) Venetian blinds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
2. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
3. What is the name of Willie's opera?
4. Where does Henry sleep the night?
5. What is the name of Laura's street?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)