|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry cash in to get money?
(c) Empty bottles.
2. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) He loses his razor.
(b) He wakes up too late.
(c) He wants to show his true self.
(d) To win a bet.
3. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Marrying a decent woman.
(b) Finishing college.
(c) Enlisting in the army.
(d) Not making use of his literary talents.
4. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A house party.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A bar.
5. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) Her nails.
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken bottle.
6. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He is always late.
(b) To he is rude to customers.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is abusive to staff.
7. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(b) Movie posters.
(d) Stuffed animals.
8. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
(a) So he can stay faithful.
(b) So he can feel loved.
(c) So he can feel satisfied.
(d) So he can cheat on her.
9. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
10. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
11. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
12. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(b) Venetian blinds.
(d) Pool tables.
13. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Chocolate biscuits.
(b) Cheese biscuits.
(c) Cream biscuits.
(d) Dog biscuits.
14. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
15. What has Willie strewn across his apartment floor?
(b) Broken glass.
(d) Wax figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Laura's street?
2. What part of New York does Henry move to?
3. What has Henry been sending to magazines three times a week?
4. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
5. Who drives Henry home from the bar?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)