|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A cafe.
3. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A house party.
(c) A bar.
(d) A brothel.
4. Who is receiving $50 a month from Willie for the rest of her life?
5. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Barfly Cafe.
(b) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(c) The Gangplank Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
6. What is the blond woman's name?
7. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
8. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(b) The Beatles.
9. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
10. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Symphony music.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Cabaret music.
(d) Film music.
11. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
12. What does Henry pawn in this section?
13. What kind of hat does Willie wear while driving his car?
(a) A cowboy hat.
(b) A hunter's hat.
(c) A bowler hat.
(d) A captain's hat.
14. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
(a) After midnight.
(b) When he is drinking.
(c) In the holidays.
(d) When he is away.
15. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) The street performers.
(b) The street prostitutes.
(c) The beggars.
(d) People in the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
2. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
3. What is Gertrude's room full of?
4. What is the name of Willie's opera?
5. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)