|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
(a) Jack Dawson.
(b) Timmy Hunter.
(c) Cal Fisher.
(d) Phil Upson.
2. What has Henry been sending to magazines three times a week?
3. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
4. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(a) Subway maps.
(b) Warning signs.
5. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) An outhouse.
6. Where does Henry go for a job on Monday?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A school.
(c) A publishers.
(d) A magazine.
7. Where does Henry sleep the night?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) The park.
(c) The hotel lobby.
(d) The zoo.
8. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
9. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(b) He does not get a raise.
(c) The boss hates him.
(d) He does not want to work mornings.
10. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
11. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(a) Garbage collector.
(b) Delivery driver.
12. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
(a) A snowball fight.
(b) An apple fight.
(c) A knife fight.
(d) A pillow fight.
13. What state does Henry travel to after New Orleans?
(a) New York.
14. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
15. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) An old lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Clay Gladmore own?
2. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
3. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
4. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
5. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)