Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
(b) Pipe tobacco.
2. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Symphony music.
(b) Film music.
(c) Cabaret music.
(d) Rock music.
3. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Gangplank Cafe.
(b) The Barfly Cafe.
(c) The Pirate Cafe.
(d) The Bukowski's Cafe.
4. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(c) Eagle like.
5. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) A night in a bar.
(b) Music and party food.
(c) Money for food and room.
(d) Tickets for food and a room.
6. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Choice of women.
(b) Free drinks.
(c) Choice of music.
(d) Free bar snacks.
7. What does Henry cash in to get money?
(d) Empty bottles.
8. What does Hilda do when Getrude introduces Henry to her?
9. What does Henry pawn in this section?
10. What transport does Henry take to his parents' house?
(a) A tram.
(b) A train.
(c) A streetcar.
(d) A motorbike.
11. What is the name of the bar owner's husband?
(a) Henry Toms.
(b) Billy Boy.
(c) Damien Cox.
(d) Johnny Boy.
12. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He prefers men.
(b) He is serious about life.
(c) He is a workaholic.
(d) He hates reading.
13. Where does Henry wake up the morning after the bar fight?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A car.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A forest.
14. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
(a) A knife fight.
(b) A snowball fight.
(c) An apple fight.
(d) A pillow fight.
15. Where does Henry move to after New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
2. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
5. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)