|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) Her nails.
(d) A knife.
2. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
3. What is the name of Willie's opera?
(a) The Queen of America.
(b) The Rajah of LA.
(c) The King of New York.
(d) The Emperor of San Francisco.
4. What does Henry pawn in this section?
5. Where does Henry sleep the night?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The park.
(c) The hotel lobby.
(d) The parking lot.
6. In what city does Henry swap trains?
(a) El Paso.
7. Where does Henry find work in this section?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A ladies' dress shop.
(c) A dog food factory.
(d) A tailors.
8. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(c) The Beatles.
9. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(a) Pool tables.
(c) Venetian blinds.
10. What kind of hat does Willie wear while driving his car?
(a) A bowler hat.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A hunter's hat.
(d) A captain's hat.
11. What does Gertrude reveal to Henry in this section?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She has a boyfriend.
(d) She has cancer.
12. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Formby St.
(b) Alvarado St.
(c) Bond St.
(d) Regents St.
13. Where does Henry travel to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
14. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) To he is rude to customers.
(c) He is always late.
(d) He is abusive to staff.
15. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A pizza.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A pastry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the blond woman's name?
2. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
3. Where does Henry move to after New York?
4. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
5. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)