|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is receiving $50 a month from Willie for the rest of her life?
2. What is the blond woman's name?
3. What has Henry been sending to magazines three times a week?
4. What college did Henry attend?
(b) San Francisco City College.
(d) Los Angeles City College.
5. Where does Henry go once he has money?
(a) A bar.
(b) A bookshop.
(c) The cinema.
(d) A brothel.
6. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
7. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Free drinks.
(b) Choice of music.
(c) Free bar snacks.
(d) Choice of women.
8. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(b) Stuffed animals.
(c) Movie posters.
9. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Film music.
(b) Cabaret music.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Symphony music.
10. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
11. What does Willie say he needs for his opera?
(a) A conducter.
(b) A librettist.
(c) A soundman.
(d) A singer.
12. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Chocolate biscuits.
(b) Cream biscuits.
(c) Dog biscuits.
(d) Cheese biscuits.
13. What does Henry tell the interviewer is his real job?
(a) A reporter.
(b) An artist.
(c) A film director.
(d) A writer.
14. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A knife.
(d) Her nails.
15. Where does the blond woman take Henry to after the bar?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
2. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
3. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
4. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What does Henry do every night after work?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)