|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Alvarado St.
(b) Regents St.
(c) Formby St.
(d) Bond St.
2. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
3. What does Laura say Willie throws at them when they get drunk?
4. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A whorehouse.
5. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
6. What kind of alcohol does Henry say he enjoys?
7. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Plucking turkeys.
(b) Moving crates.
(c) Deboning salmon.
(d) Shucking clams.
8. Where does Henry find work in this section?
(a) A tailors.
(b) A ladies' dress shop.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A dog food factory.
9. What does Willie say he needs for his opera?
(a) A soundman.
(b) A librettist.
(c) A conducter.
(d) A singer.
10. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(b) Warning signs.
(c) Subway maps.
11. What is the blond woman's name?
12. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
13. What has Willie strewn across his apartment floor?
(a) Wax figures.
(d) Broken glass.
14. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken bottle.
(d) Her nails.
15. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
(a) Pipe tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
2. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
3. How does Henry describe the man who has to show him his job at the factory?
4. What college did Henry attend?
5. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)