|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
(a) His parent's house.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A soup kitchen.
(d) A motel.
2. How does Henry say Gertrude's eyes make him feel?
3. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) To he is rude to customers.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He is abusive to staff.
(d) He is always late.
4. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
5. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(a) Stuffed animals.
(b) Movie posters.
6. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Barfly Cafe.
(b) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(c) The Gangplank Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
7. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
(c) The Beatles.
8. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(a) Delivery driver.
(b) Garbage collector.
9. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(a) Venetian blinds.
(c) Pool tables.
10. Who does Henry claim not to like?
11. What state does Henry travel to after New Orleans?
(a) New York.
12. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(c) Warning signs.
(d) Subway maps.
13. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
14. Where does Henry find work in this section?
(a) A ladies' dress shop.
(b) A tailors.
(c) A dog food factory.
(d) A boarding school.
15. Where does Henry wake up the morning after the bar fight?
(a) A car.
(b) A forest.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) A hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go once he has money?
2. When is the only time Willie will allow his girls to drink?
3. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
4. What is the blond woman's name?
5. What does Henry smoke with Carson Gentry?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)