|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry sleep the night?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) The park.
(d) The hotel lobby.
2. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(c) Pool tables.
(d) Venetian blinds.
3. What does Henry cash in to get money?
(a) Empty bottles.
4. Who is Willie's main girl?
5. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Breaking his curfew.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Enrolling at university.
(d) Going home to his parents.
6. Where does Henry promise to take Gertrude?
(a) The theater.
(b) The cinema.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The local bar.
7. What does Henry's mother rip his face with?
(a) Her nails.
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken bottle.
8. What city does Henry head for at the beginning of this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
(a) A pastry.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A sandwich.
10. What does Henry vow to be in this section?
11. Where does Henry go once he has money?
(a) The cinema.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bookshop.
12. What city does Henry travel to at the beginning of this section?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
13. What are Grace and Jerry drinking in the kitchen?
14. In what way is Henry's father unlike Henry?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) He is serious about life.
(c) He prefers men.
(d) He hates reading.
15. What is Carson Gentry's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cellar Henry works in?
2. What does Henry tell the interviewer is his real job?
3. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
4. What is the name of the bar owner's husband?
5. What does Henry say the bar nearest to his apartment smells like?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)