|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the metal instrument look like that the two old guys hand Henry?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A potato peeler.
2. What is the name of Laura's street?
(a) Alvarado St.
(b) Bond St.
(c) Formby St.
(d) Regents St.
3. What is Gertrude's room full of?
(b) Movie posters.
(d) Stuffed animals.
4. What is the blond woman's name?
5. What has Willie strewn across his apartment floor?
(b) Wax figures.
(d) Broken glass.
6. What does Willie say he needs for his opera?
(a) A librettist.
(b) A conducter.
(c) A singer.
(d) A soundman.
7. What college did Henry attend?
(a) Los Angeles City College.
(b) San Francisco City College.
8. What has Henry been sending to magazines three times a week?
9. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
10. Where does Henry sleep for three or four days?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A motel.
(c) His parent's house.
(d) A friend's house.
11. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Barfly Cafe.
(c) The Pirate Cafe.
(d) The Gangplank Cafe.
12. What does Henry pawn in this section?
13. What part of New York does Henry move to?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
14. Where does Henry go with Tim?
(a) A bar.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A house party.
(d) A hotel.
15. What is the name of Henry's new landlady?
(a) Miss Opening.
(b) Mrs. Jackson.
(c) Miss Filby.
(d) Mrs. Downing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Henry arrive in at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Who do Henry and the blond listen to before they go to bed?
3. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
4. Who drives Henry home from the bar?
5. Why does Henry say he wants a gorgeous wife?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)