|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fight does Henry have with Hilda and Gertrude at the end of this section?
(a) A pillow fight.
(b) A knife fight.
(c) A snowball fight.
(d) An apple fight.
2. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
(a) A night in a bar.
(b) Music and party food.
(c) Money for food and room.
(d) Tickets for food and a room.
3. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) To he is rude to customers.
(b) He is always late.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is abusive to staff.
4. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
(a) Dog biscuits.
(b) Chocolate biscuits.
(c) Cream biscuits.
(d) Cheese biscuits.
5. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A drug dealer.
6. What does Henry have to put up in the subways?
(a) Subway maps.
(b) Warning signs.
7. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
8. Who drops in to see Henry with a bottle of wine?
9. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Barfly Cafe.
(c) The Gangplank Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
10. What is the name of the woman who checks to see if Henry is okay?
11. What color hair does the woman sitting next to Henry at the bar have?
12. Who is receiving $50 a month from Willie for the rest of her life?
13. What does Billy Boy hire Henry to wash?
(a) Pool tables.
(d) Venetian blinds.
14. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) People in the subway.
(b) The beggars.
(c) The street prostitutes.
(d) The street performers.
15. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(b) Eagle like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Willie strewn across his apartment floor?
2. What does Henry tell the interviewer is his real job?
3. What does Laura say Willie throws at them when they get drunk?
4. Who is Willie's main girl?
5. Where does Henry go once he has money?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)