Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-7
1. What bet does Henry make in the opening chapter?
2. What does Henry do in El Paso?
3. What is Henry's frame of mind when he arrives in New Orleans?
4. Describe Henry Chinaski's character.
5. What does Henry do while his parents are away?
6. How does Henry anger his parents in the second section?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 8-16
7. What does Henry do while drunk with his friend, Tim Hunter?
This section contains 609 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)