|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Company at the races.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) Rent money.
(d) Proof of his identity.
2. Who does Henry describe as insects?
(a) The beggars.
(b) The street prostitutes.
(c) People in the subway.
(d) The street performers.
3. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Marrying a decent woman.
(b) Finishing college.
(c) Not making use of his literary talents.
(d) Enlisting in the army.
4. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Gangplank Cafe.
(b) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(c) The Pirate Cafe.
(d) The Barfly Cafe.
5. How does Henry describe Gertrude's nose?
(d) Eagle like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men on the train receive from the train company?
2. What state does Henry travel to after New Orleans?
3. Where does Henry take a job in this section?
4. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
5. Who does Henry give his hotel ticket to?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)