|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Shucking clams.
(b) Deboning salmon.
(c) Plucking turkeys.
(d) Moving crates.
2. What does Henry vomit on when he gets home?
(a) The Persian rug.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The kitchen floor.
3. What does Henry's father ask from Henry?
(a) Company at the races.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) Proof of his identity.
(d) Rent money.
4. What does Henry's father criticize Henry for not doing?
(a) Marrying a decent woman.
(b) Finishing college.
(c) Not making use of his literary talents.
(d) Enlisting in the army.
5. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Going home to his parents.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Enrolling at university.
(d) Breaking his curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Henry's old college friend?
2. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
3. Where does Henry go once he has money?
4. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
5. How does Henry describe the man who has to show him his job at the factory?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)