|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the newspaper sack Henry?
(a) He is abusive to staff.
(b) To he is rude to customers.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is always late.
2. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Enrolling at university.
(c) Going home to his parents.
(d) Breaking his curfew.
3. What does the bartender offer Henry as long as he is working?
(a) Choice of music.
(b) Choice of women.
(c) Free bar snacks.
(d) Free drinks.
4. What is the name of Henry's landlady in this section?
(a) Gran Godly.
(b) Tammy Goodwin.
(c) Phylis Formby.
(d) Mama Strader.
5. What kind of music does Henry listen to while his parents are away?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Film music.
(c) Symphony music.
(d) Cabaret music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of biscuits are made at the factory where Henry works?
2. What does Henry fetch for someone at the bar?
3. What part of New York does Henry move to?
4. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
5. What does the landlady's boyfriend give Henry for feeding the chickens?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)