1. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
3. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Barfly Cafe.
(c) The Gangplank Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
4. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Plucking turkeys.
(b) Shucking clams.
(c) Deboning salmon.
(d) Moving crates.
5. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(a) Delivery driver.
(c) Garbage collector.
6. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) He loses his razor.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) He wants to show his true self.
(d) He wakes up too late.
7. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Going home to his parents.
(b) Enrolling at university.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Breaking his curfew.
8. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He gets the oldest vehicle.
(b) He does not want to work mornings.
(c) The boss hates him.
(d) He does not get a raise.
This section contains 3,161 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)