1. What city does Chinaski arrive in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. What material is Chinaski's suitcase made from?
3. What is the name of the cafe opposite Chinaski's room?
(a) The Bukowski's Cafe.
(b) The Barfly Cafe.
(c) The Gangplank Cafe.
(d) The Pirate Cafe.
4. What is the job Chinaski turns down?
(a) Moving crates.
(b) Deboning salmon.
(c) Plucking turkeys.
(d) Shucking clams.
5. What is the first job Chinaski applies for?
(c) Garbage collector.
(d) Delivery driver.
6. Why does Chinaski not shave before the job interview?
(a) He wants to show his true self.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) He loses his razor.
(d) He wakes up too late.
7. What does Henry contemplate doing as he waits alone in his room?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Breaking his curfew.
(c) Enrolling at university.
(d) Going home to his parents.
8. Why does Henry decide to quit his job as a driver?
(a) He does not get a raise.
(b) The boss hates him.
(c) He does not want to work mornings.
(d) He gets the oldest vehicle.
This section contains 3,161 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)