|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
2. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
3. What does Janie promise her parents?
4. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
5. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Janie's thoughts about the milk carton are constantly plaguing her mind, yet she feels as though he cannot confide in anyone. Explain how the milk carton increases the angst and loneliness that a typical teenager feels.
Essay Topic 2
Although Hannah is not physically present throughout the novel, she plays an important role. How does Hannah act as a driving force in the novel's action? What is the significance in Hannah's character in regards to Janie's identity?
Essay Topic 3
Does Janie seem to desire a relationship with her real family? Or is it just knowledge of the truth she desires? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)