Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
In chapter one, Janie wants to change her name to Jayne Johnstone. What does this suggest about Janie's feelings toward herself? What type of solutions does changing her name present?
Throughout the novel, there is a great contrast between Reeve's family and Janie's family. Explain the contrast in both families, and state the irony present within the context of the novel, as related to the two families. Use in text citations to support your claims.
Janie's thoughts about the milk carton are constantly plaguing her mind, yet she feels as though he cannot confide in anyone. Explain how the milk carton increases the angst and loneliness that a typical teenager feels.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)