|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
2. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
3. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
4. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
5. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author of the novel leaves the book open-ended? Do you expect a sequel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the theme of adolescence versus adulthood is illustrated. Explain how Sarah-Charlotte is a representation of adolescence.
Essay Topic 3
How is Janie's relationship with her parents depicted at the beginning of the book? Use in text citations to support your claims.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)