|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author of the novel leaves the book open-ended? Do you expect a sequel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the lack in progression in Janie's relationship with Reeve mirror Janie's progression in discovering the truth of her past?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the theme of adolescence versus adulthood is illustrated. Explain how Sarah-Charlotte is a representation of adolescence.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)