Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the theme of adolescence versus adulthood is illustrated. Explain how Sarah-Charlotte is a representation of adolescence.
Essay Topic 2
The images of ice cream and milk are recurring motifs throughout the novel. What is particularly interesting about the fact that Janie continuously has flashbacks of herself eating ice cream, or that she sees the picture of missing girl on a carton of milk? Explain using in-text citations to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Janie is in a constant struggle between the joys of adolescence and the responsibility of adulthood. Describe how the theme of adolescence versus adulthood works within the novel. Use in text citation to support your point.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)