|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
2. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
3. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
4. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
5. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janie's thoughts about the milk carton are constantly plaguing her mind, yet she feels as though he cannot confide in anyone. Explain how the milk carton increases the angst and loneliness that a typical teenager feels.
Essay Topic 2
Does Janie seem to desire a relationship with her real family? Or is it just knowledge of the truth she desires? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Although Hannah is not physically present throughout the novel, she plays an important role. How does Hannah act as a driving force in the novel's action? What is the significance in Hannah's character in regards to Janie's identity?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)