Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author of the novel leaves the book open-ended? Do you expect a sequel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Janie is in a constant struggle between the joys of adolescence and the responsibility of adulthood. Describe how the theme of adolescence versus adulthood works within the novel. Use in text citation to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
How does food act as a symbol of the status of the family unit throughout the novel?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)