|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie promise her parents?
2. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
3. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
4. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
5. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
Essay Topic 1
Janie's thoughts about the milk carton are constantly plaguing her mind, yet she feels as though he cannot confide in anyone. Explain how the milk carton increases the angst and loneliness that a typical teenager feels.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe how the theme of reality versus fantasy plays out and is resolved within the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Janie is in a constant struggle between the joys of adolescence and the responsibility of adulthood. Describe how the theme of adolescence versus adulthood works within the novel. Use in text citation to support your point.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)