Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the lack in progression in Janie's relationship with Reeve mirror Janie's progression in discovering the truth of her past?
Essay Topic 2
In chapter one, Janie wants to change her name to Jayne Johnstone. What does this suggest about Janie's feelings toward herself? What type of solutions does changing her name present?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the most prominent theme or lesson in the book? Why does the author write this book? What is she trying to convey to readers?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)