|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
2. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
3. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
4. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
5. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lizzy is first introduced in the novel as someone that Janie is not very fond of. By the end of the novel, Lizzy's role changes completely. What is Lizzy's role by the end of the novel? Explain the contrast in her character from the beginning versus her role in the end.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe how the theme of reality versus fantasy plays out and is resolved within the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does food act as a symbol of the status of the family unit throughout the novel?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)