|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
(c) A return address.
(d) A stamp.
2. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
(a) Her sexual status.
(b) Her relationship with Reeve.
(c) The milk carton.
(d) Her real parents.
3. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
4. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) With Reeve.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Under her mattress.
5. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(c) Study Hall.
(d) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
2. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
3. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
4. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
5. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
2. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
3. How does the accidental mailing of Janie's letter to the Springs a type of resolution?
4. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
5. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
6. What does Janie use her notebook for?
7. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
8. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
9. How does the novel end? Explain.
10. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)