|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(a) A state park.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Shopping center.
2. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Debbie Spring.
(b) Jennie Spring.
(c) Miranda Javenson.
(d) Hannah Johnson.
3. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
4. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
5. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
(c) Inner monologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
2. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
3. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
4. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
5. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel end? Explain.
2. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
3. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
4. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
5. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
6. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
7. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
8. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
9. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
10. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)