|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
(b) Ice cream shop.
(d) Shopping center.
2. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
3. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(a) Icea cream.
(b) Fast food.
4. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 18.
(b) Chapter 17.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) Chapter 16.
5. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(a) Shopping center.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) A state park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie promise her parents?
2. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
3. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
4. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
5. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
2. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
3. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
4. How does the novel end? Explain.
5. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
6. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
7. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
8. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
9. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
10. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)