|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
(b) Credit card.
(c) Cellular phone.
2. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Jennie Spring.
(b) Mr. Spring.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
(d) Hannah Spring.
3. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
(b) Angst filled.
4. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Trusting the Johnsons.
(c) Religious faith.
(d) Sexual purity.
5. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
(b) Chinese takeout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
2. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
3. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
4. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
5. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
2. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
3. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
4. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
5. What does Janie use her notebook for?
6. Why does Janie begin shredding the milk carton in chapter 16?
7. How does the novel end? Explain.
8. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
9. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
10. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)