|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
2. In which chapter does Janie decide to skip school?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 9.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 11.
3. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(d) Jennie Spring.
4. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) Her letter.
(b) The milk carton.
(c) The notebook.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
5. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
(a) Chapter 13.
(b) Chapter 10.
(c) Chapter 9.
(d) Chapter 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
2. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
3. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
4. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
5. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reeve perceive Janie's thoughts about the milk carton?
2. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
3. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
4. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
5. What does Janie use her notebook for?
6. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
7. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
8. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
9. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
10. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)