|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(a) Fast food.
(d) Icea cream.
2. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
3. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
4. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(c) Reading the Bible.
5. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Jennie Spring.
(b) Hannah Johnson.
(c) Debbie Spring.
(d) Miranda Javenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
2. In which chapter does Janie decide to skip school?
3. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
4. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
2. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
3. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
4. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
5. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
6. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
7. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
8. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
9. How does the accidental mailing of Janie's letter to the Springs a type of resolution?
10. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)