|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(b) Reading the Bible.
2. In which chapter does Janie decide to skip school?
(a) Chapter 9.
(b) Chapter 10.
(c) Chapter 11.
(d) Chapter 12.
3. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
4. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) Math teacher.
(b) Bank teller.
(c) History teacher.
5. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
(a) The lack of baby pictures.
(b) The face on the milk carton.
(c) Janie's real mother.
(d) Janie's flashbacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
2. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
3. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
4. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
5. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
2. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
3. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
4. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
5. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
6. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
7. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
8. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
9. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
10. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)