|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 10.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 11.
(d) Chapter 9.
2. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
(a) Janie's real mother.
(b) The lack of baby pictures.
(c) Janie's flashbacks.
(d) The face on the milk carton.
3. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(b) To Connecticut.
(c) Out for pizza.
(d) A motel.
4. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
5. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Bank teller.
(d) Math teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
2. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
3. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
4. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
5. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
2. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
3. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
4. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
5. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
6. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
7. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
8. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
9. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
10. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)