|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) History teacher.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Math teacher.
2. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
(d) Trivial Pursuit.
3. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
4. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
5. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
(a) Ice cream sundae.
(d) Chocolate bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
2. How does Janie believe she is related to the boy(s)?
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
5. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
2. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
3. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
4. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
5. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
6. How does the novel end? Explain.
7. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
8. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
9. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
10. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)