|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(c) Ice cream sundae.
2. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
(a) A stamp.
(b) A return address.
3. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(a) Fast food.
(b) Icea cream.
4. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
(b) Trivial Pursuit.
5. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(a) Several questions.
(c) Two questions.
(d) One final question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
2. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
3. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
4. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
5. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
2. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
3. What does Janie use her notebook for?
4. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
5. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
6. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
7. Why does Janie begin shredding the milk carton in chapter 16?
8. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
9. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
10. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)