|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
2. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does not search for Hannah.
(b) That she does not run away.
(c) That she does forgive them.
(d) That she does not call the police.
3. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Religious Confirmation.
(b) Soccer game.
(c) Awards banquet.
(d) Alumni dinner.
4. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
5. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
2. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
3. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
4. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
5. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
2. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
3. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
4. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
5. How does the novel end? Explain.
6. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
7. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
8. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
9. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
10. How does Reeve perceive Janie's thoughts about the milk carton?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)