|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
(a) Chinese takeout.
2. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(a) Fast food.
(c) Icea cream.
3. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(b) New Jersey.
4. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 10.
(b) Chapter 9.
(c) Chapter 11.
(d) Chapter 12.
5. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
2. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
3. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
4. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
5. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
2. What does Janie use her notebook for?
3. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
4. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
5. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
6. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
7. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
8. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
9. How does the novel end? Explain.
10. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)