|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
2. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does not run away.
(b) That she does not call the police.
(c) That she does not search for Hannah.
(d) That she does forgive them.
3. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(b) Another girl.
4. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(d) In love.
5. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
2. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
3. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
4. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
5. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reeve perceive Janie's thoughts about the milk carton?
2. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
3. How does the novel end? Explain.
4. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
5. Why does Janie begin shredding the milk carton in chapter 16?
6. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
7. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
8. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
9. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
10. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)