|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
2. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
3. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) With Reeve.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) Her notebook.
4. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
5. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
2. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
3. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
4. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
5. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
2. How does the accidental mailing of Janie's letter to the Springs a type of resolution?
3. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
4. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
5. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
6. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
7. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
8. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
9. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
10. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)