|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) Shopping center.
(d) A state park.
2. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(a) Another girl.
3. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
4. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
(c) Chocolate bar.
(d) Ice cream sundae.
5. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) With Reeve.
(d) Under her pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
2. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
3. At the end of the novel, Janie realizes that she places __________ before Reeve.
4. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
5. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
2. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
3. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
4. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
5. What idea does the New York Times give Janie?
6. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
7. How does Reeve perceive Janie's thoughts about the milk carton?
8. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
9. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
10. What does Janie use her notebook for?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)