|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
2. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
(a) Rodney Road.
(b) Privett Drive.
(c) Romney road.
(d) Rockney Road.
3. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
(a) Chapter five.
(b) Chapter eleven.
(c) Chapter two.
(d) Chapter nine.
4. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
(b) Not thinking clearly.
5. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
2. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
3. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
4. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
5. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reeve perceive Janie's thoughts about the milk carton?
2. How does the accidental mailing of Janie's letter to the Springs a type of resolution?
3. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
4. Why does Janie begin shredding the milk carton in chapter 16?
5. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
6. What does Janie use her notebook for?
7. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
8. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
9. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
10. Does Janie believe that the Johnson's kidnap her, even after hearing the truth about the past? Explain.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)