|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
2. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Study Hall.
(b) Social studies.
3. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) A motel.
(b) Out for pizza.
(d) To Connecticut.
4. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does not call the police.
(b) That she does not run away.
(c) That she does not search for Hannah.
(d) That she does forgive them.
5. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Hannah Johnson.
(b) Jennie Spring.
(c) Debbie Spring.
(d) Miranda Javenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
2. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
3. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
4. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
5. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
2. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
3. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
4. What is Janie's realization about her relationship with Reeve toward the end of the novel? Explain.
5. Explain how and why Janie travels to New Jersey.
6. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
7. What does Reeve tell Janie in chapter 11, about his relationship with his siblings? Why is Janie unable to concentrate on what he is telling her?
8. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
9. Janie sees three boys outside of the Spring home. What are her thoughts on them, and what other memories do they spark in Janie's mind?
10. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)