|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
(a) Beginning a romantic relationship.
(b) Graduating high school.
(c) His ability to connect with other people.
(d) Friday's football game.
2. Who spends the night at Janie's house in chapter six?
3. What is Lizzy's current profession?
4. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
(a) Turkey sandwich.
(b) Peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Ham and cheese sandwich.
5. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
(a) They are criminals.
(b) They are secretive.
(c) They are very mean.
(d) They are strict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
2. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
3. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
4. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
5. In which chapter does Janie eventually confront her parents about all that she uncovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
2. Explain Janie's realization and thought process as she enters her home in chapter three and sees no baby picture.
3. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
4. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
5. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
6. Janie heads outside while Reeve is raking leaves. Describe what happens next.
7. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
8. Describe the conversation that Reeve has with Janie while at the Scenic Overlook in chapter two.
9. Explain Janie's flashback in chapter three as well as what Janie finds particularly upsetting about the flashback.
10. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)