|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ice cream do Reeve and Janie order in chapter two of the novel?
(a) Fudge sundaes.
(b) Chocolate with sprinkles.
(c) Banana splits.
(d) Strawberry ice cream cones.
2. What place do teen couples go to become physical?
(a) The Lookout.
(b) Scenic Overlook.
(c) Overlook Drive.
(d) Scenic Park.
3. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
(a) Her lack of birth certificate.
(b) Missing baby photos.
(c) Why her parents do not allow her to get her driver's license.
4. Which television show is Janie watching when she has her flashback in chapter three?
(a) I Dream of Jeanie.
(c) Gilligan's Island.
(d) The Andy Griffith Show.
5. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
(a) She is afraid she'll fail the test.
(b) Her parent's approval.
(c) Lack of birth certificate.
(d) Lack of a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
2. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
3. When Janie arrives to an empty house, while her mother is volunteering, what does Janie first begin looking for?
4. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
5. What is Reeve doing in chapter four, when Janie abandons her snack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
2. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
3. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
4. What leads Janie to start looking in the attic in chapter seven?
5. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
6. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
7. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
8. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
9. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
10. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)