|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
(a) A woman pushing her on a swing.
(b) Braiding her hair.
(c) Retrieving candy.
(d) Tiny white shoes.
2. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
3. What does Janie find her mother decorating when she returns to the house after kissing Reeve?
(b) A sheet cake.
(d) A cheese cake.
4. Whom does Hannah marry?
(a) Not specified.
(c) Hare Krishnas.
5. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
2. What does Janie daydream her children's names are?
3. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
4. Janie's mother does not wear ___________.
5. What happens in the flashback Janie has in chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Janie's appearance and how it relates to the title of the book.
2. Why does Janie take a sip of Sarah-Charlotte's milk, instead of her own?
3. Explain how the theme of Janie's parents' secrecy thickens in chapter seven.
4. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
5. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
6. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
7. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
8. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
9. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
10. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)