|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Janie and her friend studying for in chapter four?
(a) A driver's test.
(b) A math test.
(c) A history test.
(d) An English test.
2. Which word most correctly describes how Janie views her parents, after they come clean with the truth?
3. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
(a) Peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Ham and cheese sandwich.
(d) Turkey sandwich.
4. By chapter nine, Janie returns to the mindset of a(n) ______________.
5. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject does Janie complete an assignment for at the beginning of the novel?
2. Which word best describes Janie's feelings regarding reaching out to her friends at this time in her life?
3. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
4. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
5. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
2. What is Hannah's story?
3. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
4. Explain how the theme of Janie's parents' secrecy thickens in chapter seven.
5. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
6. Janie heads outside while Reeve is raking leaves. Describe what happens next.
7. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
8. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
9. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
10. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)