|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Janie's friends does she begin dialing to tell of her kiss with Reeve?
2. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
(a) Chapter three.
(b) Chapter six.
(c) Chapter five.
(d) Chapter four.
3. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) Driver's license.
(b) Going shopping.
(c) Getting a car.
(d) New shoes.
4. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) Aunt and uncle.
(d) She is adopted.
5. Who is Hannah?
(a) Janie's sister.
(b) Janie's mother.
(c) Janie's friend.
(d) Janie, her real name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the cloth of the dress that Janie finds in the trunk?
2. Whom does Hannah marry?
3. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
4. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
5. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
2. Describe Janie's appearance and how it relates to the title of the book.
3. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
4. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
5. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
6. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
7. Explain why Janie feels that she cannot confide in her friends after her kiss with Reeve.
8. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
9. Why does Janie wait to pursue an adult relationship with Reeve?
10. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)