|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Johnson's first name?
2. What is missing from Janie house, which makes Janie more skeptical?
(a) Baby pictures.
(c) Her parent's wedding picture.
3. In what area is Mrs. Johnson's college degree?
(a) Elizabethan literature.
(c) English literature.
(d) Medieval literature.
4. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
5. What does Janie have a memory of when looking at the milk carton that makes her believe that it is her?
(a) The dress she is wearing.
(b) Black, mary-jane shoes.
(c) Hugging a woman who is not her mother.
(d) The house the girl is standing by.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Janie when her parents buy a camera?
2. What is Sarah-Charlotte's last name?
3. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
4. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
5. What place do teen couples go to become physical?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie take a sip of Sarah-Charlotte's milk, instead of her own?
2. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
3. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
4. What is Hannah's role within the novel, other than the history the Johnsons provide?
5. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
6. Why do the Johnson's take Janie out for pizza? What are they attempting to do?
7. What does Janie use her notebook for?
8. How does food serve as a symbol of the state of the family unit?
9. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
10. How does the novel end? Explain.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)