|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
(a) Friday's football game.
(b) His ability to connect with other people.
(c) Graduating high school.
(d) Beginning a romantic relationship.
2. Janie finds a trunk in chapter seven, what is the trunk labeled with?
3. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) The park.
(b) A high school football game.
(c) A college football game.
(d) Scenic Overlook.
4. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) Through her flashbacks.
(b) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
(c) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(d) He parents tell her the truth.
5. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
(a) A group of writers and philosophers.
(b) A traveling circus group.
(c) Alcoholics anonymous.
(d) A religious cult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Janie views Hannah, when she views the photograph in the trunk?
2. Who's penknife does Janie borrow to cut out the picture on the milk carton?
3. What kind of ice cream do Reeve and Janie order in chapter two of the novel?
4. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
5. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Janie's appearance and how it relates to the title of the book.
2. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
3. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
4. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
5. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
6. Explain why Janie feels that she cannot confide in her friends after her kiss with Reeve.
7. Describe the conversation that Reeve has with Janie while at the Scenic Overlook in chapter two.
8. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
9. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
10. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)