|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends the night at Janie's house in chapter six?
2. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
(a) Mr. Sheilds.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) Mrs. Sheilds.
3. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
(a) They are secretive.
(b) They are criminals.
(c) They are very mean.
(d) They are strict.
4. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
5. Janie finds a trunk in chapter seven, what is the trunk labeled with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
2. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
4. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
5. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's story?
2. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
3. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
4. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
5. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
6. What is Hannah's role within the novel, other than the history the Johnsons provide?
7. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
8. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
9. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
10. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)