|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie do after the Johnsons tell her the truth?
(a) Calls the police.
(c) Decides to search for her real parents.
(d) Runs away.
2. In chapter four, Jason describes the first time he sees ____________.
(a) His mother.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) His school.
3. While watching TV, Janie has a memory about which type of woman's clothing?
(a) A scarf.
(b) An apron.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A dress.
4. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) Mr. Sheilds.
(c) Mrs. Sheilds.
5. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) The park.
(b) A college football game.
(c) A high school football game.
(d) Scenic Overlook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
2. What does Janie daydream her children's names are?
3. In chapter two, Janie has a strange flashback of a strange woman. In the flashback, where is the strange woman leading Janie?
4. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
5. Whom does Janie help study in chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
2. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
3. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
4. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
5. Explain why Janie feels that she cannot confide in her friends after her kiss with Reeve.
6. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
7. Describe the conversation that Reeve has with Janie while at the Scenic Overlook in chapter two.
8. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
9. Explain how the theme of Janie's parents' secrecy thickens in chapter seven.
10. What leads Janie to start looking in the attic in chapter seven?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)