|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
2. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
3. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(c) Sense of confidence.
4. Which type of number does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter five?
(a) An 800 number.
(b) Child services number.
(c) His telephone number.
(d) Her zodiac number.
5. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
2. In what area is Mrs. Johnson's college degree?
3. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
4. When Janie arrives to an empty house, while her mother is volunteering, what does Janie first begin looking for?
5. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
2. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
3. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
4. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
5. Explain what is lacking from the Johnson's explanation of the past.
6. Describe Janie's appearance and how it relates to the title of the book.
7. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
8. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
9. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
10. Describe the 'daymare' that Janie has while getting ice cream with Reeve in chapter two.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)