|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
2. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
(a) Chapter eight.
(b) Chapter nine.
(c) Chapter two.
(d) Chapter four.
3. Mr. Brylowe teaches which subject?
4. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
(a) Her parent's approval.
(b) Lack of birth certificate.
(c) She is afraid she'll fail the test.
(d) Lack of a car.
5. What is Janie allergic to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which television show is Janie watching when she has her flashback in chapter three?
2. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
3. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
4. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
5. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
2. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
3. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
4. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
5. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
6. What does Janie bring up in chapter eight, when she finally decides to confront her parents?
7. Explain Janie's feelings about the kiss between her and Reeve.
8. What is Hannah's story?
9. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
10. Describe the conversation that Reeve has with Janie while at the Scenic Overlook in chapter two.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)