|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
2. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(b) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(c) Janie kissing Reeve.
(d) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
3. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
4. Which of the following best describes how Janie views Hannah, when she views the photograph in the trunk?
(b) She is the same girl on the milk carton.
(d) An uncanny resemblance to herself.
5. Who spends the night at Janie's house in chapter six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter four?
2. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
3. Who is Mr. Johnson's first name?
4. What are Janie and her friend studying for in chapter four?
5. In chapter two, Janie has a strange flashback of a strange woman. In the flashback, where is the strange woman leading Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
2. What is Hannah's story?
3. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
4. What happens in Janie's 'daymare' in chapter four?
5. Explain how the theme of Janie's parents' secrecy thickens in chapter seven.
6. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
7. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
8. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
9. Explain Janie's stint, in an attempt to make Reeve jealous at the Honors breakfast.
10. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)