Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
(a) She talks often of other boys.
(b) She catches a ride home with another boy.
(c) She goes out on a date with someone else.
(d) She flirts with other boys.
2. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
(a) Honors breakfast.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) National Honor Society meeting.
(d) A football game.
3. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) Going shopping.
(b) Driver's license.
(c) Getting a car.
(d) New shoes.
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
(a) Chapter two.
(b) Chapter four.
(c) Chapter eight.
(d) Chapter nine.
5. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
(b) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(c) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(d) Janie kissing Reeve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie's mother does not wear ___________.
2. Where in the house does Janie end up looking?
3. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
4. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
5. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's story?
2. Describe what goes through Janie's mind as she looks at the milk carton.
3. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
4. What does Janie use her notebook for?
5. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
6. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
7. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
8. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
9. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
10. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)