|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie's mother volunteer at?
(a) A day care.
(b) The soup kitchen.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The woman's shelter.
2. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
(a) His girlfriend.
(c) Mr. Sheilds.
(d) Mrs. Sheilds.
3. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
(a) Chapter four.
(b) Chapter three.
(c) Chapter one.
(d) Chapter two.
4. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Vegetables and dip.
(d) Cookies and milk.
5. Which one of Janie's friends does she begin dialing to tell of her kiss with Reeve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
2. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
3. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
4. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
5. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Janie's flashback in chapter three as well as what Janie finds particularly upsetting about the flashback.
2. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
3. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
4. Explain Janie's stint, in an attempt to make Reeve jealous at the Honors breakfast.
5. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
6. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
7. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
8. Explain Janie's realization and thought process as she enters her home in chapter three and sees no baby picture.
9. What is Hannah's story?
10. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)