|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
(a) Chapter five.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter six.
(d) Chapter three.
2. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
3. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
(a) Lying in the grass.
(b) Sitting next to her mother.
(c) Holding a woman's hand.
(d) Sitting on a stool.
4. To where does Hannah eventually move?
5. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
(a) On Overlook Drive.
(b) Next door to Janie.
(c) At Scenic Overlook.
(d) Down the street from Janie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
2. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
3. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
4. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
5. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie resist going on a drive with Adair and Sarah-Charlotte in chapter six?
2. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
3. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
4. Explain Janie's realization and thought process as she enters her home in chapter three and sees no baby picture.
5. Describe what goes through Janie's mind as she looks at the milk carton.
6. What leads Janie to start looking in the attic in chapter seven?
7. Why does Janie take a sip of Sarah-Charlotte's milk, instead of her own?
8. Explain why Janie feels that she cannot confide in her friends after her kiss with Reeve.
9. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
10. Janie heads outside while Reeve is raking leaves. Describe what happens next.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)