|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(d) Sense of confidence.
2. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
(a) Chapter five.
(b) Chapter three.
(c) Chapter four.
(d) Chapter six.
3. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
4. To where does Hannah eventually move?
5. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
(a) Why her parents do not allow her to get her driver's license.
(b) Missing baby photos.
(d) Her lack of birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
2. What is the color of the cloth of the dress that Janie finds in the trunk?
3. Who offers Janie a ride home in the rain, in chapter two?
4. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
5. Mr. Brylowe teaches which subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
2. Describe the 'daymare' that Janie has while getting ice cream with Reeve in chapter two.
3. What happens in Janie's 'daymare' in chapter four?
4. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
5. Why is Janie at cake decorating class? And what happens while she is there?
6. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
7. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
8. Explain how the theme of Janie's parents' secrecy thickens in chapter seven.
9. Why is Janie reluctant to make conversation with her parents at dinner in chapter eight?
10. What is Hannah's story?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)