|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the house does Janie end up looking?
(a) Her father's office.
(b) Her parents' bedroom.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
2. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
3. Which sport does Janie's father play?
4. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
2. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
3. How old is Hannah when she joins the group, as stated in chapter nine?
4. Who spends the night at Janie's house in chapter six?
5. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
2. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
3. Describe the conversation that Reeve has with Janie while at the Scenic Overlook in chapter two.
4. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
5. Why do Janie and Reeve decide against staying in the motel together/
6. What is Hannah's role within the novel, other than the history the Johnsons provide?
7. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
8. Describe the argument between Janie and Reeve in chapter 16.
9. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
10. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)