|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) Through her flashbacks.
(b) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(c) He parents tell her the truth.
(d) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
2. Whom does Janie help study in chapter four?
3. Finish the sentence with the word that best completes it. Janie is ____________ by the memories of her past.
4. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
(a) Chapter six.
(b) Chapter five.
(c) Chapter three.
(d) Chapter seven.
5. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
(a) Fishing equipment.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Old bathing suits.
(d) Christmas sweaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. By chapter nine, Janie returns to the mindset of a(n) ______________.
2. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
3. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
4. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with her mother begin to unravel?
5. Which word most correctly describes how Janie views her parents, after they come clean with the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie relieved that the Johnsons are screaming at her?
2. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
3. How do the Johnsons react to the news of the Springs? Explain.
4. Why is Janie at cake decorating class? And what happens while she is there?
5. Describe the 'daymare' that Janie has while getting ice cream with Reeve in chapter two.
6. What is Reeve's explanation of Janie's kidnapping?
7. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
8. What is Hannah's role within the novel, other than the history the Johnsons provide?
9. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
10. What is Hannah's story?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)