|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Old bathing suits.
(c) Fishing equipment.
(d) Christmas sweaters.
2. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(b) He parents tell her the truth.
(c) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
(d) Through her flashbacks.
3. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
(a) Vegetables and dip.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Cookies and milk.
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
(a) Chapter two.
(b) Chapter four.
(c) Chapter eight.
(d) Chapter nine.
5. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
2. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
3. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
4. Which subject does Janie complete an assignment for at the beginning of the novel?
5. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie take a sip of Sarah-Charlotte's milk, instead of her own?
2. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
3. What is Hannah's role within the novel, other than the history the Johnsons provide?
4. What leads Janie to start looking in the attic in chapter seven?
5. Explain Janie's flashback in chapter three as well as what Janie finds particularly upsetting about the flashback.
6. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
7. Janie heads outside while Reeve is raking leaves. Describe what happens next.
8. How does going to the football game with Reeve and Sarah-Charlotte make Janie feel? Explain.
9. What is the significance of the school trip to Spain?
10. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)