|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Janie's friends does she begin dialing to tell of her kiss with Reeve?
2. What is missing from Janie house, which makes Janie more skeptical?
(c) Baby pictures.
(d) Her parent's wedding picture.
3. Who spends the night at Janie's house in chapter six?
4. In chapter eight, what is used as a symbol of the family relationship between the Johnsons?
(a) The trunk.
(c) The home.
(d) Janie's mother's new attitude.
5. Whom does Janie help study in chapter four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
2. In which country do the students travel on the upcoming school trip mentioned in the novel?
3. What does Janie have a memory of when looking at the milk carton that makes her believe that it is her?
4. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
5. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Janie's appearance and how it relates to the title of the book.
2. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
3. What is Hannah's story?
4. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
5. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
6. Explain Janie's realization and thought process as she enters her home in chapter three and sees no baby picture.
7. Explain the situation when Janie returns home after hearing about Jason's birth certificate.
8. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
9. What happens in Janie's 'daymare' in chapter four?
10. Explain what Janie's parents reveal to her about themselves in chapter nine.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)