|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(a) Two questions.
(c) One final question.
(d) Several questions.
2. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
3. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) Her letter.
(b) The milk carton.
(c) The notebook.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
4. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(b) In love.
5. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(d) New Jersey.
6. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
(b) A sweater.
(d) Polka dot dress.
7. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Trusting the Johnsons.
(b) Sexual purity.
(c) Religious faith.
8. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
9. At the end of the novel, Janie realizes that she places __________ before Reeve.
(a) Her friends.
(c) New Jersey.
10. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
11. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(d) Another girl.
12. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Spring.
(b) Jennie Spring.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
(d) Hannah Spring.
13. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
(b) Ice cream shop.
(d) Shopping center.
14. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
15. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Religious Confirmation.
(b) Awards banquet.
(c) Soccer game.
(d) Alumni dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
2. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
3. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
4. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
5. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)