|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
(a) The Post Gazette.
(b) The New York Star.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Time Magazine.
2. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(c) New Jersey.
3. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(b) Reading the Bible.
4. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Spring.
(b) Jennie Spring.
(c) Hannah Spring.
(d) Mr. Spring.
5. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
6. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
7. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(b) Icea cream.
(c) Fast food.
8. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
9. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
10. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
11. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
12. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
13. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does not search for Hannah.
(b) That she does forgive them.
(c) That she does not call the police.
(d) That she does not run away.
14. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Alumni dinner.
(b) Awards banquet.
(c) Soccer game.
(d) Religious Confirmation.
15. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
(d) Angst filled.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
2. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
3. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
4. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
5. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)