|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(b) Reading the Bible.
2. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(c) Jennie Spring.
3. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(a) A state park.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Shopping center.
4. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 11.
(b) Chapter 10.
(c) Chapter 9.
(d) Chapter 12.
5. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 14.
(c) Chapter 11.
(d) They don't.
6. How does Janie believe she is related to the boy(s)?
(b) No relation.
(d) Childhood friends.
7. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
8. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
(a) Not thinking clearly.
9. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) They pull off to the side of the road.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) A motel.
(d) A fancy hotel.
10. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(a) In love.
11. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
12. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Post Gazette.
(c) The New York Star.
(d) Time Magazine.
13. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(a) A cat.
(b) A large dog.
(c) A rabbit.
14. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(d) Another girl.
15. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
2. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
3. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
4. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
5. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)