|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(d) New Jersey.
2. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(a) Jennie Spring.
3. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
(a) Sexual purity.
4. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cat.
(c) A large dog.
5. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) A fancy hotel.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) They pull off to the side of the road.
(d) A motel.
6. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Religious faith.
(b) Sexual purity.
(d) Trusting the Johnsons.
7. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Study Hall.
(d) Social studies.
8. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 11.
(b) They don't.
(c) Chapter 12.
(d) Chapter 14.
9. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
10. In which chapter does Janie decide to skip school?
(a) Chapter 10.
(b) Chapter 11.
(c) Chapter 9.
(d) Chapter 12.
11. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
12. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 18.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) Chapter 16.
(d) Chapter 17.
13. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
14. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Debbie Spring.
(b) Hannah Johnson.
(c) Miranda Javenson.
(d) Jennie Spring.
15. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
(a) Credit card.
(b) Cellular phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
2. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
3. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
4. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
5. What does Janie promise her parents?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)