|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
2. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
(c) A return address.
(d) A stamp.
3. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
(a) Her relationship with Reeve.
(b) Her real parents.
(c) Her sexual status.
(d) The milk carton.
4. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Look up the Spring's phone number.
(b) Fill the gas tank.
(c) Look up the Spring's address.
(d) Stop to grab a bite to eat.
5. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(d) New Jersey.
6. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) With Reeve.
(d) Her notebook.
7. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
8. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
(a) Chapter 9.
(b) Chapter 13.
(c) Chapter 12.
(d) Chapter 10.
9. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) Math teacher.
(b) History teacher.
(c) Bank teller.
10. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does forgive them.
(b) That she does not search for Hannah.
(c) That she does not call the police.
(d) That she does not run away.
11. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(c) Another girl.
12. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 11.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 9.
13. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Religious Confirmation.
(b) Alumni dinner.
(c) Awards banquet.
(d) Soccer game.
14. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(d) Jennie Spring.
15. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
2. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
3. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
4. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
5. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)