|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
(a) Janie's flashbacks.
(b) Janie's real mother.
(c) The lack of baby pictures.
(d) The face on the milk carton.
2. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
(c) Angst filled.
3. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) A motel.
(b) To Connecticut.
(d) Out for pizza.
4. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Religious Confirmation.
(b) Soccer game.
(c) Alumni dinner.
(d) Awards banquet.
5. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(a) One final question.
(b) Two questions.
(d) Several questions.
6. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 18.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) Chapter 16.
(d) Chapter 17.
7. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(b) Another girl.
8. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
9. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
(b) Not thinking clearly.
10. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
11. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(c) Jennie Spring.
12. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
13. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
(a) Chapter 9.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 13.
(d) Chapter 10.
14. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Look up the Spring's address.
(b) Stop to grab a bite to eat.
(c) Fill the gas tank.
(d) Look up the Spring's phone number.
15. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Religious faith.
(c) Trusting the Johnsons.
(d) Sexual purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
2. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
3. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
4. At the end of the novel, Janie realizes that she places __________ before Reeve.
5. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)