|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
(b) Hannah Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
(d) Mrs. Johnson.
2. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
(a) Angst filled.
3. How does Janie believe she is related to the boy(s)?
(a) Childhood friends.
(c) No relation.
4. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
5. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
6. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
7. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
8. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
(a) The discovery of family.
(b) The reconciliation with her parents.
(c) The collapse of her family life.
(d) The end of her adolescence.
9. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
10. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 14.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) They don't.
(d) Chapter 11.
11. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
12. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
13. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Study Hall.
(b) Social studies.
14. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(d) Another girl.
15. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
2. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
3. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
4. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)