|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) To Connecticut.
(b) Out for pizza.
(d) A motel.
2. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 18.
(b) Chapter 17.
(c) Chapter 16.
(d) She doesn't.
3. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
4. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Trusting the Johnsons.
(c) Sexual purity.
(d) Religious faith.
5. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
6. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
(a) Chinese takeout.
7. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
8. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) History teacher.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Math teacher.
9. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(b) In love.
10. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Star.
(c) The Post Gazette.
(d) Time Magazine.
11. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
12. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
13. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) With Reeve.
14. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Spring.
(b) Hannah Spring.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Mrs. Spring.
15. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
(a) Janie's flashbacks.
(b) Janie's real mother.
(c) The face on the milk carton.
(d) The lack of baby pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
2. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
3. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
4. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
5. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)