|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Stop to grab a bite to eat.
(b) Look up the Spring's address.
(c) Fill the gas tank.
(d) Look up the Spring's phone number.
2. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Study Hall.
(c) Social studies.
3. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(a) One final question.
(b) Two questions.
(c) Several questions.
4. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
(b) Inner monologue.
5. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) A friend's home.
(b) They pull off to the side of the road.
(c) A motel.
(d) A fancy hotel.
6. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 16.
(b) Chapter 18.
(c) Chapter 17.
(d) She doesn't.
7. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(d) Reading the Bible.
8. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
(a) Ice cream shop.
(b) Shopping center.
9. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
10. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
11. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Spring.
(b) Hannah Spring.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
(d) Jennie Spring.
12. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
13. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
(b) Chinese takeout.
14. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) Out for pizza.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) A motel.
15. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
2. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
4. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
5. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)