|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(c) Another girl.
2. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) The notebook.
(b) The milk carton.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) Her letter.
3. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 10.
(b) Chapter 9.
(c) Chapter 12.
(d) Chapter 11.
4. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
(b) Ice cream shop.
(d) Shopping center.
5. At the end of the novel, Janie realizes that she places __________ before Reeve.
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Her friends.
6. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
(b) Polka dot dress.
(c) A sweater.
7. Janie's family is from a ____________ area.
8. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
9. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) With Reeve.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Under her mattress.
10. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Look up the Spring's address.
(b) Stop to grab a bite to eat.
(c) Fill the gas tank.
(d) Look up the Spring's phone number.
11. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
12. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
13. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
14. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
15. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
2. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
3. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
4. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
5. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)