|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter does the theme of fantasy versus reality climax?
(a) Chapter 11.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 9.
2. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) A motel.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) A fancy hotel.
(d) They pull off to the side of the road.
3. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(b) Another girl.
4. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
5. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
6. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
(a) Credit card.
(b) Cellular phone.
7. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
8. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
9. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) The milk carton.
(c) The notebook.
(d) Her letter.
10. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Religious faith.
(c) Trusting the Johnsons.
(d) Sexual purity.
11. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
(a) A stamp.
(b) A return address.
12. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
13. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
(d) Trivial Pursuit.
14. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
15. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Post Gazette.
(c) The New York Star.
(d) Time Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
2. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
3. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
4. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
5. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)