|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(d) New Jersey.
2. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
3. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
4. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) A friend's home.
(b) A fancy hotel.
(c) A motel.
(d) They pull off to the side of the road.
5. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
6. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
7. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
(a) The end of her adolescence.
(b) The reconciliation with her parents.
(c) The discovery of family.
(d) The collapse of her family life.
8. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(c) In love.
9. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
10. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 11.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 14.
(d) They don't.
11. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(a) A state park.
(c) Shopping center.
(d) New Jersey.
12. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(b) A cat.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A rabbit.
13. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Spring.
(b) Mrs. Spring.
(c) Hannah Spring.
(d) Jennie Spring.
14. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(a) Another girl.
15. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
2. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
3. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
4. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
5. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)