|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janie finally comes clean about the situation. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling?
2. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
3. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(a) Icea cream.
(c) Fast food.
4. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
(a) Her relationship with Reeve.
(b) Her sexual status.
(c) The milk carton.
(d) Her real parents.
5. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
6. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) The milk carton.
(b) Her letter.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) The notebook.
7. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A cat.
8. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
9. What type of food does Reeve order in the last chapter of the book?
(d) Chinese takeout.
10. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
11. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
12. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
13. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
14. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) They don't.
(c) Chapter 14.
(d) Chapter 11.
15. Janie's family is from a ____________ area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie promise her parents?
2. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
3. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
4. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
5. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)