|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Spring.
(b) Hannah Spring.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Mr. Spring.
2. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
3. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
4. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(d) Ice cream sundae.
5. At the end of the novel, Janie realizes that she places __________ before Reeve.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Her friends.
6. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
(a) Janie's flashbacks.
(b) Janie's real mother.
(c) The lack of baby pictures.
(d) The face on the milk carton.
7. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
(d) Sexual purity.
8. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
9. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(b) Reading the Bible.
10. Janie's family is from a ____________ area.
11. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
12. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
(a) Inner monologue.
13. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Study Hall.
(b) Social studies.
14. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
15. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
2. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
3. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
4. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
5. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)