|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 9.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 13.
2. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
(a) Chapter 5.
(b) Chapter 10.
(c) Chapter 12.
(d) Chapter 9.
3. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
4. What do Janie and Reeve do while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Stop to grab a bite to eat.
(b) Fill the gas tank.
(c) Look up the Spring's address.
(d) Look up the Spring's phone number.
5. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(b) Another girl.
6. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
7. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
(a) School bus.
(b) Pick-up truck.
(c) A silver lexus.
(d) A buggy.
8. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
(a) The discovery of family.
(b) The end of her adolescence.
(c) The collapse of her family life.
(d) The reconciliation with her parents.
9. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
10. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
11. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
12. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
13. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(b) Reading the Bible.
14. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
(c) Sexual purity.
15. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A large dog.
(c) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
2. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
3. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
4. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
5. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)