|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) They don't.
(c) Chapter 14.
(d) Chapter 11.
2. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) Math teacher.
(b) Bank teller.
(c) History teacher.
3. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
(a) The reconciliation with her parents.
(b) The end of her adolescence.
(c) The discovery of family.
(d) The collapse of her family life.
4. How many boys does Janie see outside of the home in chapter 11?
5. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
6. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Star.
(c) The Post Gazette.
(d) Time Magazine.
7. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) Out for pizza.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) A motel.
8. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Debbie Spring.
(b) Miranda Javenson.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Hannah Johnson.
9. Which word best describes how the Johnsons are feeling, after telling Janie the truth?
10. Which word best describes how Janie is feelings, after hearing the truth of her past, in chapter 10?
11. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(d) New Jersey.
12. What vehicle do Janie and Reeve get stopped behind in chapter 11?
(a) Pick-up truck.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A silver lexus.
(d) School bus.
13. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
(c) Not thinking clearly.
14. How does Janie believe she is related to the boy(s)?
(a) Childhood friends.
(d) No relation.
15. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
(b) Inner monologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
2. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
3. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
4. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
5. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)