|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which place does Reeve suppose Janie is kidnapped from?
(a) Shopping center.
(c) Ice cream shop.
2. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(d) New Jersey.
3. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
(a) Her relationship with Reeve.
(b) Her sexual status.
(c) Her real parents.
(d) The milk carton.
4. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
5. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
(a) Trivial Pursuit.
6. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
7. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) They don't.
(b) Chapter 14.
(c) Chapter 12.
(d) Chapter 11.
8. Reeve is an example of a ______________ teenager.
(c) Angst filled.
9. Which item does Reeve take with him, that belongs to his father?
(a) Credit card.
(c) Cellular phone.
10. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) They pull off to the side of the road.
(b) A motel.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) A fancy hotel.
11. How does Janie believe she is related to the boy(s)?
(b) Childhood friends.
(d) No relation.
12. Who has Reeve confided in regarding Janie's situation?
13. What does Janie promise her parents?
(a) That she does not call the police.
(b) That she does not run away.
(c) That she does not search for Hannah.
(d) That she does forgive them.
14. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
(a) Polka dot dress.
(c) A sweater.
15. What kind of event does Janie attend for her grandfather in chapter 16?
(a) Awards banquet.
(b) Alumni dinner.
(c) Soccer game.
(d) Religious Confirmation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reeve's mother is __________ after hearing why Reeve runs away with Janie.
2. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
3. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
4. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
5. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)