|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Reeve at the beginning of the novel?
2. In chapter 14, which word best describes how Reeve is feelings in regard to his relationship with Janie?
3. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
4. During chapter 14, Janie remembers this action, which seriously disturbs and upsets her. What does she remember?
(a) Reading the Bible.
5. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(b) Social studies.
(d) Study Hall.
6. Janie remembers a woman wearing this, with candy in the pockets.
(a) Polka dot dress.
(b) A sweater.
7. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) With Reeve.
8. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
9. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) Her letter.
(c) The notebook.
(d) The milk carton.
10. What color hair do the boy(s) have?
11. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(c) New Jersey.
12. Janie's family is from a ____________ area.
13. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
14. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(b) New Jersey.
15. Which character acts as a mediator between the Johnsons and Janie?
(c) Jennie Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
2. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
3. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
4. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
5. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)