|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janie looks for information on whom, in chapter 13?
(a) Hannah Johnson.
(b) Debbie Spring.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Miranda Javenson.
2. What does Janie expose when she drops her book bag on the floor?
(a) The milk carton.
(b) The notebook.
(c) Her letter.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
3. Janie does not ________ her parents regarding what they tell her about the past.
4. In which chapter does Janie actually call the number on the milk carton?
5. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Shopping center.
(d) A state park.
6. Where do Janie and Reeve stop to spend an intimate night together?
(a) They pull off to the side of the road.
(b) A fancy hotel.
(c) A motel.
(d) A friend's home.
7. Where does Janie want to go with Reeve in chapter 14?
(a) To Connecticut.
(b) A motel.
(d) Out for pizza.
8. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 18.
(b) Chapter 17.
(c) Chapter 16.
(d) She doesn't.
9. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(a) Another girl.
10. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(a) Two questions.
(c) Several questions.
(d) One final question.
11. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(a) Social studies.
(b) Study Hall.
12. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
13. In which chapter does Janie truly begin to confide in Reeve?
(a) Chapter 5.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 9.
(d) Chapter 10.
14. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
(d) Sexual purity.
15. Janie's parents normally do not allow her to eat _________.
(b) Fast food.
(d) Icea cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janie feels this emotion over ending her relationship with Reeve.
2. The Johnson family unit is _______________ by the end of the novel.
3. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
4. What does Janie promise her parents?
5. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)