|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Janie ask her parents the next day after she has time to think about the truths they tell her?
(b) One final question.
(c) Two questions.
(d) Several questions.
2. In which chapter does Janie go to the police about her kidnapping?
(a) Chapter 16.
(b) Chapter 17.
(c) Chapter 18.
(d) She doesn't.
3. Where does Janie ask Reeve to take her, after she confronts her parents?
(b) New Jersey.
4. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
(a) Sexual purity.
(c) Trusting the Johnsons.
(d) Religious faith.
5. Who does Janie blame for her supposed kidnapping?
(a) Hannah Johnson.
(b) Mrs. Spring.
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
6. Which animal does Janie recall having in her former life?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A rabbit.
(d) A cat.
7. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Spring.
(b) Hannah Spring.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Mr. Spring.
8. In which state does Janie currently live in Chapter 12?
(a) New Jersey.
9. What is the best word to describe the novel's ending?
10. According to Janie, it is _______________ for parents to yell at their children.
11. What is Mr. Yampolski's profession?
(a) History teacher.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) Bank teller.
12. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
13. In which chapter does Reeve's and Janie's relationship take a more serious turn?
(a) Chapter eleven.
(b) Chapter two.
(c) Chapter five.
(d) Chapter nine.
14. In chapter 13, Janie's grandmother is afraid to leave the house to _____________, because she is unsure if Janie leaves.
15. Finish the sentence. Janie does not wish to spend the night with Reeve because she wants it to be __________.
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her kidnapping, Janie believes that she is tempted by what?
2. Where does Janie hide the milk carton toward the end of the novel?
3. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
4. Which publication does Sarah-Charlotte mention, in chapter 13?
5. What does Sarah-Charlotte ask Janie about in chapter 16, that upsets Janie?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)