|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Janie is feeling after finding out that Reeve confides her secret in someone else?
2. In which class does Janie finally rip the pages out of her notebook, out of frustration?
(c) Social studies.
(d) Study Hall.
3. What contrasts Janie and Reeve's blossoming relationship?
(a) The reconciliation with her parents.
(b) The end of her adolescence.
(c) The collapse of her family life.
(d) The discovery of family.
4. Which of the following literary devices is not used within the novel?
(d) Inner monologue.
5. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
(b) Not thinking clearly.
6. Who does Reeve believe kidnaps Janie?
7. Which road do the Johnson's live on?
(a) Privett Drive.
(b) Rockney Road.
(c) Romney road.
(d) Rodney Road.
8. Where do Reeve and Janie go together during chapter 15?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Shopping center.
(d) A state park.
9. What is the letter to the Springs missing?
(b) A return address.
(c) A stamp.
10. Janie's struggle between ________________ and adulthood is a theme throughout the novel.
(c) Sexual purity.
11. Which member of the Spring family answers the phone in chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Spring.
(b) Mrs. Spring.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Hannah Spring.
12. The Johnsons are ___________ when they learn that Janie runs away.
13. Who does Reeve drive home with instead of Janie in chapter 17?
(a) Another girl.
14. Who offers Janie a ride to school in chapter 10?
15. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve spend an intimate night together?
(a) Chapter 14.
(b) Chapter 11.
(c) They don't.
(d) Chapter 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which board game do Janie and her friends play in chapter 16?
2. What explanation is the Johnson's story lacking?
3. In Janie's case, youthful innocence is directly proportional to what?
4. In which chapter do Janie and Reeve run off together?
5. What is it that disappears from Janie's mind in chapter 10?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)