|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence with the word that best completes it. Janie is ____________ by the memories of her past.
2. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
(a) Christmas sweaters.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Old bathing suits.
(d) Fishing equipment.
3. What consistently acts as a central point for bringing the family together throughout the novel?
4. Where in the house does Janie end up looking?
(a) Her parents' bedroom.
(b) Her father's office.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
5. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
(a) accurate, inaccurate.
(b) Memories, hallucinations.
(c) Memories, daydreams.
(d) Hallucinations, daydreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
2. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
3. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
4. After Janie confides in Reeve, he believes that she is ___________.
5. Whom does Hannah marry?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)