|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of brakes did the plane have?
2. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
3. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
4. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
5. What did Henry hope in regards to this person or thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
2. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
3. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
4. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
5. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
6. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
7. Who was Inkarri?
8. How did Ralph die?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)