|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When given the forced choice of which person to execute, who does the professor choose?
2. What wasn't there in the kiss between Sam and Maggie?
3. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
4. How did Joan kill Carlos?
5. Why had Joan chosen Anthony to glean her samples and knowledge from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
2. Who was Inkarri?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
5. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
6. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
7. What was Norman's guilt?
8. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
9. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
10. What is the "place of the pit"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)