|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
2. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
3. Why had Joan chosen Anthony to glean her samples and knowledge from?
4. What was the last thing Joan said to the corpse of Carlos?
5. What did Norman do with the flashlight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
2. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
3. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
4. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
5. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
6. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
7. Describe the temple.
8. What was Norman's guilt?
9. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
10. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)