|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
2. What had held Sam and his uncle together?
3. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
4. What aren't the people in the plane supposed to do?
5. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "place of the pit"?
2. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
3. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
4. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
5. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
6. Who was Inkarri?
7. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
8. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
9. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
10. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)