|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Incan god has blessed the people?
2. What was the last thing Joan said to the corpse of Carlos?
3. What is it that activates the temple to heal?
4. Who saved the group?
5. What is the fail safe mechanism for the biological wastes of experimentation, or the creatures of janan and uca pacha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
2. Describe the bear-like creatures.
3. How did Ralph die?
4. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
5. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
6. What was Norman's guilt?
7. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
8. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
9. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
10. Describe the temple.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)