|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Church's attempting to do regarding the substance?
2. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
3. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
4. What did Sam do that reflected his frustration with the Incas?
5. What did the creatures features remind Sam of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bear-like creatures.
2. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
3. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
4. Describe the temple.
5. Who was Inkarri?
6. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
7. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
8. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
9. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
10. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry gets an intuitive feeling that something isn't right at the dig site and frantically attempts to contact them, to no avail. Are there any other times that Henry has had a bad intuitive feeling and it has played out in favor of the intuition? How many other intuitive feelings does Henry have that play out in the intuitive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incan sacrifice of children. Is this practice understandable when immortality is taken into consideration? How or why not? Why is it hard to admit that it could be acceptable?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)