|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this person do?
2. What did Sam do that reflected his frustration with the Incas?
3. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
4. What does Ralph do to silence the strange animals in the cave?
5. What does Henry tell Norman that is out of character for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
2. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
3. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
4. Describe the temple.
5. Who was Inkarri?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
8. What is the "place of the pit"?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)