|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tickled Norman's arms?
2. What aren't the people in the plane supposed to do?
3. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
4. What wasn't there in the kiss between Sam and Maggie?
5. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
2. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
3. Who was Inkarri?
4. What is the "place of the pit"?
5. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
6. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
7. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
8. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
9. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
10. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incan's change of perception regarding the group when Sam showed the blade and made it transform. How might they have reacted if they knew anyone could cause the metal to change shape? What would this have done to the foundations of their beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joan's exploitation of the young monk's attraction to her. Do you think this was fair of her to do so, taking into consideration a monk's vows? Is it understandable considering her motivations? Why or why not? Was it ethical? Explain.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)