|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
2. What did Sam witness in the creature?
3. What did the beasts fear?
4. Who did the Shaman associate with the group?
5. What happens to Substance Z when burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
2. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
3. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
4. Who was Inkarri?
5. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
6. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
7. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
8. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
9. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
10. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)