|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam witness in the creature?
2. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
3. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
4. What did the beasts fear?
5. What did Sam have no desire to discuss with the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
2. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
3. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
4. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
5. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
6. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
7. Describe the bear-like creatures.
8. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
9. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
10. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the fact that Sam cannot remember anything following his death. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Why is that? Is his desire to know what happened understandable? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Norman's reaction to Denal being taken by Otera. How did he feel about his first reaction? What did Norman become determined to do, and why? How did he make up for his initial response, and what was Denal's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)