|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maggie cause the dagger to become?
2. When given the forced choice of which person to execute, who does the professor choose?
3. What did this person do?
4. What does Ralph do to silence the strange animals in the cave?
5. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
2. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
3. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
4. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
5. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
6. Describe the bear-like creatures.
7. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
8. How did Ralph die?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What was Norman's guilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)