|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
2. How did Norman sustain injury?
3. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
4. What did Maggie cause the dagger to become?
5. How old is everyone in the valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
2. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
3. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
4. Describe the bear-like creatures.
5. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
6. What is the "place of the pit"?
7. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
8. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
9. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
10. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incan sacrifice of children. Is this practice understandable when immortality is taken into consideration? How or why not? Why is it hard to admit that it could be acceptable?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)