|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things could Joan smell in the room she was brought to be executed in?
2. When given the forced choice of which person to execute, who does the professor choose?
3. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
4. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
5. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Norman's guilt?
2. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
3. How did Ralph die?
4. Who was Inkarri?
5. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
6. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
7. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
8. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
9. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
10. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Incan's change of perception regarding the group when Sam showed the blade and made it transform. How might they have reacted if they knew anyone could cause the metal to change shape? What would this have done to the foundations of their beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of the relationship between Ralph and Norman. How did Ralph originally feel about Norman, and why? How did Norman take the prejudice against him? At what point did the relationship turn into a solid friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)