|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
2. Who did the Shaman associate with the group?
3. What is the spectrograph analysis number?
4. What did Sam struggle to do?
5. When given the forced choice of which person to execute, who does the professor choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
2. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
3. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
4. How did Ralph die?
5. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What is the "place of the pit"?
8. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
9. What was Norman's guilt?
10. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incan's change of perception regarding the group when Sam showed the blade and made it transform. How might they have reacted if they knew anyone could cause the metal to change shape? What would this have done to the foundations of their beliefs?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)