|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many samples did Joan secure?
2. How did the group split up?
3. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
4. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
5. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
2. How did Ralph die?
3. Who was Inkarri?
4. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
5. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
6. What was Norman's guilt?
7. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
8. What is the "place of the pit"?
9. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
10. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)