|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Norman that is out of character for him?
2. What allies Pachacutec with the group of students?
3. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
4. What is the theory regarding "Satan's Blood"?
5. How many people gathered at the runway were wearing police uniforms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
2. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
5. Describe the temple.
6. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
7. Describe the bear-like creatures.
8. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)