|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people gathered at the runway were wearing police uniforms?
2. What kind of brakes did the plane have?
3. What had earned Substance Z the title of "Satan's Blood"?
4. What wasn't there in the kiss between Sam and Maggie?
5. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of pictographs and ideograms. What are they used for? What do they represent? Who used them and why go to all that trouble instead of creating a language and developing it over time, as many other native people did?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)