|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Norman attempt to do?
2. How many samples did Joan secure?
3. What did Sam have no desire to discuss with the press?
4. What was the reason people live?
5. What led Maggie into shock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
2. Who was Inkarri?
3. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
4. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
5. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
6. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
7. What was Norman's guilt?
8. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
9. How did Ralph die?
10. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Joan and Henry as characters. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Who is the stronger character overall and why? Does this become debatable as the novel progresses? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Norman's reaction to Denal being taken by Otera. How did he feel about his first reaction? What did Norman become determined to do, and why? How did he make up for his initial response, and what was Denal's reaction?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)