|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
2. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
3. Who died?
4. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
5. What tickled Norman's arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
2. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
3. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
4. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
5. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
6. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
7. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
8. What is the "place of the pit"?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie exploits Denal's knowledge of the silver and gold room to get across the room safely. How did Maggie know that Denal knew the secret to the room? How did she get him to reveal this secret to her? Was this fair, and understandable on her part? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)