|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
2. What two things could Joan smell in the room she was brought to be executed in?
3. What led Maggie into shock?
4. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
5. What tickled Norman's arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
2. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
3. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
4. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
5. What is the "place of the pit"?
6. What was Norman's guilt?
7. Who was Inkarri?
8. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
9. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
10. Describe the temple.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Friar Otera and Abbot Ruiz. What are their motivations? Are they similar? In what ways are they different? Are either of them men of principle? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Inkarri. How does this story follow similar myths and legends that have very little basis in reality? How did this myth incorporate real events? How does this affect the credibility of the myths?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)