|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry hope in regards to this person or thing?
2. What aren't the people in the plane supposed to do?
3. How did Joan kill Carlos?
4. What did Norman realize and tell the group?
5. How many people gathered at the runway were wearing police uniforms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the temple.
2. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. Who was Inkarri?
5. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
6. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
7. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
8. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
9. What is the "place of the pit"?
10. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss organic nanobots and inorganic nanobots. Which of these two groups of nanobots has the advantage and why? Which of these is more easily converted to corporate or government usage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sam's last few moments alive before he dies, and the events that occur post mortem. What is his last thought? What events occurred after his death, and who was the strongest advocate for his resurrection? Suggest a reason for this advocacy.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)