|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
2. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
3. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
4. What did the fanciful shape above the altar remind Sam of?
5. What is the spectrograph analysis number?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Maggie and Sam's grief. How was their experience of grief different? How did they deal with it differently? Who came to terms with their grief first, and where in the novel did this occur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Incan sacrifice of children. Is this practice understandable when immortality is taken into consideration? How or why not? Why is it hard to admit that it could be acceptable?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)