|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
2. What do the Incans use to fuel their ovens?
3. What did Sam have no desire to discuss with the press?
4. What did Maggie cause the dagger to become?
5. What is it that activates the temple to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
2. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
3. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
4. Describe the temple.
5. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
6. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
7. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
8. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Substance Z. What characteristics gave it an impossible composition? How do these characteristics serve the needs of the substance? Does it serve the needs of the mallaqui, if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the experimentation regarding the mallaqui. Is this ethically correct, to engage in this kind of study with a notably hostile subject? Should the mallaqui be given freedom to live as any other creature? Why or why not?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)