|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is everyone in the valley?
2. Which Incan god has blessed the people?
3. What did Norman offer Denal?
4. What led Maggie into shock?
5. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
2. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
3. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
4. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
5. What is the "place of the pit"?
6. Describe the bear-like creatures.
7. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
8. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
9. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
10. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mallaqui, and later the Incan revered 'gods' of Janan Pacha. What characteristics allowed the Inca's to identify them as their gods? What physiological differences set aside these alien forms from the human race? What social characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Incans' tribal views of religion and sacrifice. How are these similar to other tribal groups of their time frame? How are they different? How is it likely that the modern world would impact the Incans that were living in isolation between the peaks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maggie and Sam's relationship. How was it unlikely to have blossomed into fruition if they hadn't have gotten trapped? What kinds of things did they learn about each other while fighting for survival? How did this influence their budding relationship?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)