|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam struggle to do?
(a) Attempt to remember the location of the treasure.
(b) Not to wake Maggie.
(c) Not to kiss Maggie.
(d) Recall the missing hour in which he was dead.
2. What had earned Substance Z the title of "Satan's Blood"?
(a) The unearthly properties of the substance.
(b) The color.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The way the metal reacted to any stimuli.
3. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
(a) All of these.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A living tribe of Incas.
(d) A living copy of the necropolis below.
4. What did Norman realize and tell the group?
(a) The fire was dying.
(b) All of these.
(c) The cave was getting lighter.
(d) It was exceedingly quiet in the cavern.
5. Which Greek legend does Francisco de Almagro allude to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam witness in the creature?
2. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
3. What did Kamapak do that distracted the 'gods'?
4. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
5. How many samples did Joan secure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
2. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
3. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
4. What was Norman's guilt?
5. How did Ralph die?
6. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
7. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
8. Why was everyone instructed not to comment to the press?
9. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
10. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)