|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the missing children from the village?
(a) The temple takes them and turns them into 'gods'.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They were fed to the pack of beasts at janan pacha.
(d) Neither of these.
2. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
(a) She asks for more light in her cell.
(b) She asks her guard for a cigarette.
(c) She asks for something to keep warm with.
(d) She doesn't secure fire.
3. What did Sam have no desire to discuss with the press?
(a) His death and resurrection.
(b) Ralph's death.
(c) All of these.
(d) Meeting an Incan tribal leader only to have him commit suicide in front of the group.
4. What are the higher classes of the Incas called?
(a) The kapac.
(b) The karac.
(c) The rapac.
(d) The samac.
5. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
(a) He was dealing with his death.
(b) He was in shock that he had watched people kill themselves and die.
(c) He was in shock that the village had died.
(d) He was too busy reveling at the fact Maggie was in his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the beasts fear?
2. What did the creatures features remind Sam of?
3. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
4. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
5. What is it that activates the temple to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
2. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
5. Describe the temple.
6. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
7. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
8. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
9. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
10. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)