|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Joan chosen Anthony to glean her samples and knowledge from?
(a) He visually had appraised her.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was capable of being swayed sexually, as he was in his prime.
(d) He was young and impressionable.
2. What led Maggie into shock?
(a) Norman and Sam were going to be sacrificed.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The legend of Pachacutec was true.
(d) Both of these.
3. What kind of brakes did the plane have?
(b) None of these.
4. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
(a) Henry didn't want to deal with Philip at that moment.
(b) Sam had told Henry that Philip disobeyed instruction from him.
(c) The plane didn't have enough fuel.
(d) All of these.
5. What did Kamapak do that distracted the 'gods'?
(a) He ran through the crowd waving his arms.
(b) He sang.
(c) He prayed.
(d) He danced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
2. What aren't the people in the plane supposed to do?
3. What does Ralph do to silence the strange animals in the cave?
4. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
5. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
2. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
3. What is the "place of the pit"?
4. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
5. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
6. What was Norman's guilt?
7. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
8. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
9. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
10. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)