|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kamapak do that distracted the 'gods'?
(a) He danced.
(b) He prayed.
(c) He sang.
(d) He ran through the crowd waving his arms.
2. What kind of brakes did the plane have?
(b) None of these.
3. Why had Joan chosen Anthony to glean her samples and knowledge from?
(a) All of these.
(b) He visually had appraised her.
(c) He was young and impressionable.
(d) He was capable of being swayed sexually, as he was in his prime.
4. What did Sam have no desire to discuss with the press?
(a) His death and resurrection.
(b) Ralph's death.
(c) All of these.
(d) Meeting an Incan tribal leader only to have him commit suicide in front of the group.
5. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
(a) He figured Sam had enough on his mind with Maggie.
(b) He didn't want to alarm the boy.
(c) He had been too guilty.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
2. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
3. What did the fanciful shape above the altar remind Sam of?
4. What is the fail safe mechanism for the biological wastes of experimentation, or the creatures of janan and uca pacha?
5. What was the last thing Joan said to the corpse of Carlos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ralph die?
2. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
3. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
4. What is the "place of the pit"?
5. What had brought up the feelings of loss in Henry?
6. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
7. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
8. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
9. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
10. Describe the temple.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)