|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the beasts fear?
(a) The "dagger".
(b) The statue.
(c) Denal's shriek.
(d) Maggie's cry.
2. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
(a) A dropped cigarette.
(b) A dropped torch.
(c) Pachacutec's death and subsequent spontaneous combustion.
(d) The gunshot from Abbot Ruiz.
3. What was the last thing Joan said to the corpse of Carlos?
(a) "That'll learn ya to hit me!".
(b) "You're right, smoking kills".
(c) None of these.
(d) "Where there's smoke, there's fire".
4. What did Norman realize and tell the group?
(a) The fire was dying.
(b) The cave was getting lighter.
(c) It was exceedingly quiet in the cavern.
(d) All of these.
5. How did the group split up?
(a) Norman and Sam went one way, Maggie, Ralph and Denal went the other.
(b) Ralph and Norman went one way, Sam, Maggie and Denal went the other.
(c) Maggie, Denal and Norman went one way, Sam and Ralph went the other.
(d) Ralph and Sam went one way, Maggie, Norman and Denal went the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wasn't there in the kiss between Sam and Maggie?
2. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
3. What did Sam witness in the creature?
4. Who did the Shaman associate with the group?
5. Who saved the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ralph die?
2. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
3. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
4. Describe the temple.
5. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
6. About what was Pachacutec speaking when he asked if it was "not the wish of Inti"?
7. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
8. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
9. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
10. Who was Inkarri?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)