|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
(a) A naked and pale silverback gorilla.
(b) A naked and pale bear.
(c) A naked polar bear.
(d) A naked grizzly bear.
2. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
(a) He could speak with the natives perfectly.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) His wound was healed and gone completely.
3. What do Sam and Norman attempt to do?
(b) All of these.
(c) Steal from the Inca.
(d) Kill the Sapa Inca.
4. How many people gathered at the runway were wearing police uniforms?
(a) About a quarter.
(b) About three quarters.
(c) About half.
(d) One tenth.
5. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
(a) He and Joan had been abducted out of the country.
(b) He was unworthy of dating Joan.
(c) Joan was likely never to forgive him for not sticking up for her.
(d) Joan was never going to date him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the group split up?
2. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
3. Where did Henry request a change of aircraft?
4. What had held Sam and his uncle together?
5. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
2. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
3. What kinds of things did Joan learn regarding the Substance Z/Satan's Blood?
4. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
5. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
6. Describe the bear-like creatures.
7. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
8. What is the "place of the pit"?
9. How did Ralph die?
10. How did Joan act following the knowledge that she would be held as a hostage?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)