|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
(a) He figured Sam had enough on his mind with Maggie.
(b) He didn't want to alarm the boy.
(c) He had been too guilty.
(d) All of these.
2. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
(a) A naked and pale silverback gorilla.
(b) A naked polar bear.
(c) A naked and pale bear.
(d) A naked grizzly bear.
3. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
(a) A dropped cigarette.
(b) The gunshot from Abbot Ruiz.
(c) A dropped torch.
(d) Pachacutec's death and subsequent spontaneous combustion.
4. What does Maggie believe the temple is?
(a) An inorganic experiment.
(b) A biological regenerator.
(c) A remotely controlled biological regenerator.
(d) All of these.
5. What did Kamapak do that distracted the 'gods'?
(a) He ran through the crowd waving his arms.
(b) He sang.
(c) He danced.
(d) He prayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that activates the temple to heal?
2. How did the group split up?
3. What did Henry hope in regards to this person or thing?
4. Which Incan god has blessed the people?
5. What do the Incans use to fuel their ovens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brought up the feelings of loss in Sam?
2. What does the group tell Abbot Ruiz about janan pacha?
3. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
4. Why did Henry attempt to stop Pachacutec from killing himself?
5. What is the "place of the pit"?
6. Why did Ruiz and his group of Inquisitors maintain the laboratory and what did Henry find crazy about it?
7. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
8. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
9. Describe the bear-like creatures.
10. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)