|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Maggie into shock?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The legend of Pachacutec was true.
(c) Norman and Sam were going to be sacrificed.
(d) Both of these.
2. What allies Pachacutec with the group of students?
(a) Their knowledge of his culture.
(b) Sam's control over Satan's Blood.
(c) Sam's golden tongue and his ability to talk himself out of trouble.
(d) All of these.
3. Who is the Sapa Inca?
4. What did the beasts fear?
(a) Maggie's cry.
(b) Denal's shriek.
(c) The "dagger".
(d) The statue.
5. What did Henry realize had become the truth?
(a) Joan was likely never to forgive him for not sticking up for her.
(b) He was unworthy of dating Joan.
(c) He and Joan had been abducted out of the country.
(d) Joan was never going to date him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When given the forced choice of which person to execute, who does the professor choose?
2. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
3. What happened to the missing children from the village?
4. What did Norman realize and tell the group?
5. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joan escape death from her captors?
2. Why was Sam careful not to move too much on the plane?
3. What had occurred in Joan's experiment?
4. What did Sam realize was the reason for living?
5. What was Norman's guilt?
6. What had Sam and Norman done to earn the wrath of the Incas?
7. What kinds of things did the group notice regarding the cave creatures?
8. How did Maggie know the story of Inkarri was true?
9. What opportunity did Norman offer Denal and why was Denal likely to accept?
10. For what reasons did the group realize that the sacrifice of the children had become necessary?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)