|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the silver chains to fall from the ceiling?
(a) Juan stepped on a silver tile.
(b) Miguel stepped on a silver tile.
(c) Juan stepped on a gold tile.
(d) Miguel stepped on a gold tile.
2. What is common in many cultures?
(b) Booby traps.
(c) The value of gold.
(d) The belief in gods.
3. What did Sam find for kindling?
(b) Linen wrappings from the mummies.
4. Who was the contact that Gil had sought to buy the chalice?
(a) None of these.
(b) Friar Oaxa.
(c) Friar Oeta.
(d) Friar Otera.
5. What cut the monk's cheek?
(a) A spear in flight.
(b) The rope as it snapped back.
(c) None of these.
(d) The dagger when his hand snapped back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of advice stopped Sam for firing off a round?
2. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
3. What kind of grass made up the bridge?
4. What language was on the door that had been uncovered?
5. What did the monk expect in his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
2. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
3. What had been the instrument of Francisco's escape?
4. Why did the underground structure moan?
5. Why hadn't the Inca captors stripped the man of his cross and robe?
6. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
7. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
8. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
9. What idea led Sam to consider the journey across the booby trapped room?
10. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)