|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Friar de Almagro's warning suggest?
(a) A disruption in the balance of good and evil.
(b) A font of wisdom that could corrupt mankind.
(c) A font of self doubt and universal loathing that could destroy mankind.
(d) A gateway to the darkest parts of the human soul.
2. Who was running?
(a) Francisco del Alagro.
(b) Francisco del Almargro.
(c) Francisco del Almagro.
(d) Francisco del Amaragro.
3. What had Denal brought that no one else had thought to bring?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A walkie talkie.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What, in English, did he Christen the two volcanoes?
(a) The Devil's Ears.
(b) The Devil's Friends.
(c) The Devil's Eyes.
(d) The Devil's Hands.
5. What did it turn out, the friar was a part of?
(a) All of these.
(b) The teachers of the Faith.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Pope's council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maggie notice about Sam?
2. What does the metal react with?
3. What was happening to Maggie?
4. How far does the carbon dating on the ruins precede the Incas?
5. What did the group stumble upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
2. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
3. What might the group have stopped and appreciated if they weren't hungry and exhausted, fleeing the predatory arachnids?
4. What similarities were between the hotel robbery and the one at the lab?
5. How did Denal save Maggie? How did she respond to this?
6. What similarity did all the different tribes share?
7. Why might the Incas have put the substance in the head of the corpse?
8. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
9. Why did Norman snap at Maggie?
10. What did the Monk thank God for?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)