|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adorned the silver chains?
(b) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
(a) Four hundred milliliters.
(b) Five hundred milliliters.
(c) One liter.
(d) Seven hundred milliliters.
3. About how many feet of rock separate the dig team and air?
4. What was the Friar's warning?
(a) "The Serpent of Eden dwells within".
(b) "On pain of death do not set foot here".
(c) "The Devil in Eden, may it rest for eternity".
(d) "The Serpent of Eden, may it never be disturbed".
5. Who was chasing him?
(b) Inca hunters.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the elixir?
2. Why was Philip hoarse?
3. What year opens up the Prologue?
4. What language did the man slip into?
5. What must the Incas never take from the monk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the Spaniards come to the jungle?
2. What situations led Maggie to be cautious and trust her instinct?
3. What was the Monk's final act, and why did he do it?
4. What was so special about caverns to the Incas?
5. Why didn't the Monk want to throw down his robes, despite the fact that they hindered his progress through the jungle?
6. Why did Otera think he would like to hear the American kid beg for his life?
7. What was so intriguing about the Friar's mummified remains?
8. Why was the Joan the pathologist sorry to Henry?
9. Why was the dig team burdened with Philip?
10. How did Gil feel when he was speaking to the well dressed man?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)