|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
(a) He was dealing with his death.
(b) He was in shock that the village had died.
(c) He was in shock that he had watched people kill themselves and die.
(d) He was too busy reveling at the fact Maggie was in his arms.
2. What tickled Norman's arms?
(a) Stalks of corn.
(b) Strands of Quinoa.
(c) All of these.
(d) Stalks of wheat.
3. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
(a) The gunshot from Abbot Ruiz.
(b) Pachacutec's death and subsequent spontaneous combustion.
(c) A dropped cigarette.
(d) A dropped torch.
4. What did Sam struggle to do?
(a) Not to kiss Maggie.
(b) Not to wake Maggie.
(c) Recall the missing hour in which he was dead.
(d) Attempt to remember the location of the treasure.
5. What did this person do?
(a) Flew on wings made of wax and feathers.
(b) Fought Medusa.
(c) Stole fire from the gods.
(d) Slayed the Minotaur.
6. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
(a) Henry didn't want to deal with Philip at that moment.
(b) All of these.
(c) The plane didn't have enough fuel.
(d) Sam had told Henry that Philip disobeyed instruction from him.
7. What do the Incans use to fuel their ovens?
(a) Llama dung.
(c) Alpaca dung.
(d) Cow dung.
8. How old is everyone in the valley?
(a) Over five hundred.
(b) Over four hundred.
(c) Over seven hundred.
(d) Over three hundred.
9. Where did Henry request a change of aircraft?
(b) Machu Picchu.
(c) He did not request a change of aircraft.
(d) Macchu Pichu.
10. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
(a) His wound was healed and gone completely.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) He could speak with the natives perfectly.
11. What did Sam do that reflected his frustration with the Incas?
(a) He changed back into his jeans.
(b) He was red in the face.
(c) He was pacing.
(d) He was fiddling with the gun.
12. What is the fail safe mechanism for the biological wastes of experimentation, or the creatures of janan and uca pacha?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Satan's blood in the form of daggers or points causes spontaneous combustion.
(d) The fact that the animals won't come into the temple.
13. Who died?
14. What happened to the missing children from the village?
(a) They were fed to the pack of beasts at janan pacha.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The temple takes them and turns them into 'gods'.
(d) Neither of these.
15. What did Henry hope in regards to this person or thing?
(a) That he could get his account of the events out first to the authorities.
(b) That Philip had escaped from the ruins without suffering injury.
(c) That he wouldn't get sick from eating under so much previous stress.
(d) That his frantic report to the authorities in Cuzco got there in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Shaman associate with the group?
2. What did Kamapak do that distracted the 'gods'?
3. How did Norman sustain injury?
4. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
5. What did Norman realize and tell the group?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)