|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
(a) He threatens Sam.
(b) He threatens Philip.
(c) He threatens Joan.
(d) He threatens Henry.
2. Who did the Shaman associate with the group?
(a) The god of the heavens.
(b) The god of war.
(c) The god of chaos.
(d) The god of thunder.
3. What aren't the people in the plane supposed to do?
(a) Scream about how happy they are to be alive.
(b) Get off the plane.
(c) Comment to the press.
(d) Blame Philip for the disaster atop the ruins.
4. What wasn't there in the kiss between Sam and Maggie?
(a) All of these.
5. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
(a) She asks for more light in her cell.
(b) She doesn't secure fire.
(c) She asks her guard for a cigarette.
(d) She asks for something to keep warm with.
6. Which Greek legend does Francisco de Almagro allude to?
7. What are the higher classes of the Incas called?
(a) The karac.
(b) The samac.
(c) The kapac.
(d) The rapac.
8. What kind of plane landed in Cuzco?
(a) A Piper Sartoga.
(b) A Skylane.
(c) A Skycatcher.
(d) A Piper Saratoga.
9. What led Maggie into shock?
(a) The legend of Pachacutec was true.
(b) Norman and Sam were going to be sacrificed.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
10. What animal did the pack leader remind Maggie of?
(a) A naked polar bear.
(b) A naked and pale silverback gorilla.
(c) A naked and pale bear.
(d) A naked grizzly bear.
11. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
(a) The textile and source of the rug.
(b) A Dominican church built atop Aztec ruins.
(c) The shape of the mountains.
(d) The people speaking in Spanish.
12. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
(a) A living tribe of Incas.
(b) All of these.
(c) A living copy of the necropolis below.
(d) A volcano.
13. Which Incan god has blessed the people?
14. What do the Incans use to fuel their ovens?
(a) Alpaca dung.
(b) Llama dung.
(d) Cow dung.
15. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
(a) Both of these.
(b) There were no elderly or children.
(c) There were no sick people.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph do to silence the strange animals in the cave?
2. How old is everyone in the valley?
3. What new information is revealed about Satan's Blood/Substance Z?
4. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
5. What was the reason people live?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)