|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sapa Inca?
2. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
(a) A Dominican church built atop Aztec ruins.
(b) The textile and source of the rug.
(c) The shape of the mountains.
(d) The people speaking in Spanish.
3. What did the beasts fear?
(a) Maggie's cry.
(b) Denal's shriek.
(c) The "dagger".
(d) The statue.
4. How many samples did Joan secure?
5. What tickled Norman's arms?
(a) Stalks of wheat.
(b) All of these.
(c) Stalks of corn.
(d) Strands of Quinoa.
6. What kind of plane landed in Cuzco?
(a) A Skycatcher.
(b) A Skylane.
(c) A Piper Sartoga.
(d) A Piper Saratoga.
7. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
(a) The plane didn't have enough fuel.
(b) All of these.
(c) Henry didn't want to deal with Philip at that moment.
(d) Sam had told Henry that Philip disobeyed instruction from him.
8. How did the group split up?
(a) Ralph and Norman went one way, Sam, Maggie and Denal went the other.
(b) Maggie, Denal and Norman went one way, Sam and Ralph went the other.
(c) Norman and Sam went one way, Maggie, Ralph and Denal went the other.
(d) Ralph and Sam went one way, Maggie, Norman and Denal went the other.
9. What seemed wrong about the Inca settlement?
(a) There were no elderly or children.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) There were no sick people.
10. Who died?
11. What was the reason people live?
(a) To be passionate.
(b) To love.
(c) To live life fully.
(d) To explore life.
12. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
(a) She doesn't secure fire.
(b) She asks for something to keep warm with.
(c) She asks for more light in her cell.
(d) She asks her guard for a cigarette.
13. What are the higher classes of the Incas called?
(a) The kapac.
(b) The rapac.
(c) The samac.
(d) The karac.
14. How old is everyone in the valley?
(a) Over four hundred.
(b) Over three hundred.
(c) Over five hundred.
(d) Over seven hundred.
15. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
(a) He was in shock that the village had died.
(b) He was dealing with his death.
(c) He was in shock that he had watched people kill themselves and die.
(d) He was too busy reveling at the fact Maggie was in his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek legend does Francisco de Almagro allude to?
2. What does Henry tell Norman that is out of character for him?
3. What did the fanciful shape above the altar remind Sam of?
4. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
5. How did Norman sustain injury?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)