|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many samples did Joan secure?
2. Who died?
3. Who or what was Henry searching for upon his landing?
(b) A police officer.
4. What is it that activates the temple to heal?
(b) All of these.
(c) Concentrated human thought.
5. What is the Church's attempting to do regarding the substance?
(a) Creating a life size version of Christ crucified.
(b) Helping to make the world a better place.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Initiating a second coming.
6. What was the reason people live?
(a) To explore life.
(b) To be passionate.
(c) To love.
(d) To live life fully.
7. What did Maggie cause the dagger to become?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A lock pick.
(c) An Allen key.
(d) A sword.
8. What did the fanciful shape above the altar remind Sam of?
(a) All of these.
(b) A spiders egg sac.
(c) A ball of rope.
(d) A ball of yarn.
9. What did the beasts fear?
(a) Maggie's cry.
(b) The statue.
(c) The "dagger".
(d) Denal's shriek.
10. What allies Pachacutec with the group of students?
(a) Sam's golden tongue and his ability to talk himself out of trouble.
(b) Their knowledge of his culture.
(c) All of these.
(d) Sam's control over Satan's Blood.
11. What did Henry hope in regards to this person or thing?
(a) That he could get his account of the events out first to the authorities.
(b) That Philip had escaped from the ruins without suffering injury.
(c) That he wouldn't get sick from eating under so much previous stress.
(d) That his frantic report to the authorities in Cuzco got there in time.
12. What do Sam and Norman attempt to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Kill the Sapa Inca.
(c) Steal from the Inca.
13. What did the creatures features remind Sam of?
(a) A bat.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bear.
(d) A misshapen human.
14. What is the fail safe mechanism for the biological wastes of experimentation, or the creatures of janan and uca pacha?
(a) The fact that the animals won't come into the temple.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Satan's blood in the form of daggers or points causes spontaneous combustion.
15. What was the last thing Joan said to the corpse of Carlos?
(a) "That'll learn ya to hit me!".
(b) "You're right, smoking kills".
(c) None of these.
(d) "Where there's smoke, there's fire".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Joan chosen Anthony to glean her samples and knowledge from?
2. What does Maggie believe the temple is?
3. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
4. How did Joan kill Carlos?
5. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)