|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Incan god has blessed the people?
2. What class does Joan remind Henry of from Rice University?
(a) Spanish mythology.
(b) None of these.
(c) Classical mythology.
(d) Socials structure.
3. What does Ralph do to silence the strange animals in the cave?
(a) Fires the Winchester.
(b) Promises them food.
(c) Hits one over the head with a torch.
(d) Screams at them.
4. What is the Church's attempting to do regarding the substance?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Initiating a second coming.
(c) Helping to make the world a better place.
(d) Creating a life size version of Christ crucified.
5. What iconic thing led Henry to know where he was?
(a) The textile and source of the rug.
(b) The shape of the mountains.
(c) A Dominican church built atop Aztec ruins.
(d) The people speaking in Spanish.
6. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
(a) Pachacutec's death and subsequent spontaneous combustion.
(b) A dropped cigarette.
(c) The gunshot from Abbot Ruiz.
(d) A dropped torch.
7. Why hadn't Henry discussed the choice he had made aloud with Sam?
(a) He had been too guilty.
(b) All of these.
(c) He didn't want to alarm the boy.
(d) He figured Sam had enough on his mind with Maggie.
8. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
(a) That Sam felt he was losing his uncle to the woman.
(b) That Sam was thinking about the loss of his parents.
(c) That Sam was upset.
(d) That Sam was feeling lonely.
9. Who or what was Henry searching for upon his landing?
(b) A police officer.
10. What does Henry tell Norman that is out of character for him?
(a) That he thought he could trust Sam, but no longer can.
(b) That he hates his nephew for screwing up the site.
(c) That he never wants to see his nephew again for messing up the site.
(d) That he doesn't trust Sam's judgment.
11. What happened to the missing children from the village?
(a) The temple takes them and turns them into 'gods'.
(b) They were fed to the pack of beasts at janan pacha.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
12. What did Norman offer Denal?
(a) Himself as a mentor.
(b) A relationship.
(c) A career in National Geographic.
(d) A large severance package.
13. What two things could Joan smell in the room she was brought to be executed in?
(a) Ash and soot.
(b) Blood and urine.
(c) Blood and excrement.
(d) Blood and fear.
14. What did the beasts fear?
(a) The statue.
(b) Maggie's cry.
(c) The "dagger".
(d) Denal's shriek.
15. Which Greek legend does Francisco de Almagro allude to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved the group?
2. What amazed the group following Norman's return from the temple?
3. Why had the Philip been told to go with the natives?
4. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
5. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)