|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek legend does Francisco de Almagro allude to?
2. What do Sam and Norman attempt to do?
(a) Kill the Sapa Inca.
(b) All of these.
(c) Steal from the Inca.
3. How does Joan manage to secure fire?
(a) She asks for something to keep warm with.
(b) She asks for more light in her cell.
(c) She asks her guard for a cigarette.
(d) She doesn't secure fire.
4. What did this person do?
(a) Slayed the Minotaur.
(b) Stole fire from the gods.
(c) Fought Medusa.
(d) Flew on wings made of wax and feathers.
5. Why had Sam been unable to rest?
(a) He was dealing with his death.
(b) He was in shock that he had watched people kill themselves and die.
(c) He was too busy reveling at the fact Maggie was in his arms.
(d) He was in shock that the village had died.
6. What is the theory regarding "Satan's Blood"?
(a) It is from another world.
(b) It is a self replicating nanobot.
(c) It is the first inorganic nanobot.
(d) It is a self perpetuating nanobot.
7. What are the higher classes of the Incas called?
(a) The kapac.
(b) The karac.
(c) The samac.
(d) The rapac.
8. How many samples did Joan secure?
9. What did Sam do that reflected his frustration with the Incas?
(a) He was red in the face.
(b) He was fiddling with the gun.
(c) He changed back into his jeans.
(d) He was pacing.
10. What do the Incans use to fuel their ovens?
(a) Alpaca dung.
(b) Llama dung.
(c) Cow dung.
11. How does Ruiz solicit Henry's help regarding the students and the Incas?
(a) He threatens Sam.
(b) He threatens Henry.
(c) He threatens Philip.
(d) He threatens Joan.
12. What language wasn't called out to the group exiting the plane?
13. What does the group of students encounter after their trip up the statue?
(a) A living copy of the necropolis below.
(b) A living tribe of Incas.
(c) A volcano.
(d) All of these.
14. How did Joan kill Carlos?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a brand.
(c) With Substance Z on a cigarette she had lit and given back to him.
(d) All of these.
15. What did the beasts fear?
(a) Maggie's cry.
(b) Denal's shriek.
(c) The "dagger".
(d) The statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the creatures features remind Sam of?
2. What did Norman offer Denal?
3. What set off the room of the Substance Z?
4. What does Maggie believe the temple is?
5. What did Maggie intuit about Sam?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)