|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip hoarse?
(a) He couldn't scream loud enough in the mountains.
(b) He had been yelling.
(c) He had been coming down with a cold.
(d) All of these.
2. What did Maggie notice about Sam?
(a) He had knobby knees.
(b) He had a great physique.
(c) He had a portly physique.
(d) He had a scar on his back.
3. What was the new city called?
(a) The Sun Plaza.
(b) The Sky Ruins.
(c) The Cloud Ruins.
(d) The Sun Ruins.
4. Why could Gil recover things faster than the Americans?
(a) He wasn't afraid of damaging the ruins.
(b) He wasn't afraid of hurting other people's reputations.
(c) He wasn't capable of salvaging history.
(d) He didn't care about the historical significance of the site.
5. What was on the mans lips?
(a) A Prayer.
(c) The Lords Prayer.
(d) Thanks for salvation.
6. Why had the monk come?
(a) To bring the Lord to the savages.
(b) To teach the people Spanish.
(c) To keep the Spanish honorable to God.
(d) To bring faith the America.
7. What led to Ralph's opinion regarding homosexuals?
(a) He had been hit on too many times.
(b) None of these.
(c) He'd been molested as a child.
(d) His Southern Baptist upbringing.
8. Who does Norman compare Sam to?
9. What did it turn out, the friar was a part of?
(a) The teachers of the Faith.
(b) The Pope's council.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
10. What was the Friar's warning?
(a) "On pain of death do not set foot here".
(b) "The Serpent of Eden, may it never be disturbed".
(c) "The Serpent of Eden dwells within".
(d) "The Devil in Eden, may it rest for eternity".
11. What is common in many cultures?
(a) The value of gold.
(c) Booby traps.
(d) The belief in gods.
12. What betrayed Dale's movements?
(a) All of these.
(b) His bright colored shirt.
(c) Coins in his pocket.
(d) His expensive shoes.
13. What had Denal brought that no one else had thought to bring?
(a) A walkie talkie.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) Both of these.
14. What was the bitter elixir called?
15. Who knew how to get through the tiles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the man before he died?
2. What did the group stumble upon?
3. What was clear in the pursuers language, if not the exact meaning?
4. Why had the Spaniards struggled through the jungles?
5. Where had Sam been sitting when the car containing his parents had crashed?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)