Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the amalgamate filled the beaker?
(a) Seven hundred milliliters.
(b) One liter.
(c) Four hundred milliliters.
(d) Five hundred milliliters.
2. What trapped the grad students?
(a) The bat guano and the ammonia from it.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The tarantulas.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did the man do to the part of the garment he had dropped?
(a) Threw it away.
(b) Buried it.
(c) Kissed it.
(d) Wrapped his hands with it.
4. What was Joan and Henry shot with?
(b) A nine millimeter.
(c) None of these.
5. What did Joan and Henry uncover of significance in regards to the cross?
(a) The cross was of two metals.
(b) There were engravings on the back of it.
(c) The cross was made out of the amalgamate.
6. How far does the carbon dating on the ruins precede the Incas?
(a) One hundred and fifty years.
(b) Two hundred years.
(c) Two hundred and fifty years.
(d) Three hundred years.
7. What deactivated the gears?
(a) The people following the path correctly.
(b) The lack of disturbing the gold strewn about.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
8. What piece of advice stopped Sam for firing off a round?
(a) "Never take aim in a subterranean dig site."
(b) "Never shoot until you know your target's intentions."
(c) "Never fire a weapon if it has the potential to bring down the ceiling."
(d) "Never shoot what you can't see."
9. Why wouldn't Denal stay and wait for the people to find the way?
(a) All of these.
(b) He didn't want to be shamed in front of Maggie.
(c) He wanted to help get free.
(d) His mother had told him to be brave before she died.
10. Why had the Spaniards struggled through the jungles?
(a) For technology.
(b) For conquest.
(c) For gems.
(d) For gold.
11. What does Uca Pacha mean?
(a) A unity of worlds.
(b) None of these.
(c) The upper world.
(d) The lower world.
12. What did Joan want to take a look at in Henry's room?
(a) The cross.
(b) The dagger.
(c) The coins.
(d) The faded parchment.
13. What, in English, did he Christen the two volcanoes?
(a) The Devil's Hands.
(b) The Devil's Ears.
(c) The Devil's Eyes.
(d) The Devil's Friends.
14. How was the central computer disabled?
(a) With a sledgehammer.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) With a virus.
(d) With a pickax.
15. Who opened the door?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bands of hematite were on the door?
2. About how many feet of rock separate the dig team and air?
3. What was the first animal that the group realized shared the cave?
4. Who had found the group in the tunnel?
5. What was the bitter elixir called?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)