|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many souls cross over inter Everlost with the Marine Sulphur Queen?
2. Lief is left with a feeling of ________________.
3. What does Nick hide inside?
4. What does the old man balk at doing?
5. How does the McGill feel about running across Allie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the McGill look like?
2. What does Allie do, to prove she has skinjacked the woman in the haunted house?
3. How does Lief act when Pinhead and the other associates find him after he and Nick run away?
4. How does the McGill deal with the tangled kids in the chiming chamber?
5. What does Allie grab onto to get on the McGill's ship?
6. What happens when the McGill calls out the Marauders?
7. What does the McGill keep in his spittoon?
8. How does Mary respond when Nick tells her about the McGill and Allie's plan to defeat him?
9. How does the McGill describe sinking down into the Earth?
10. What does Allie learn about fortune cookies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the McGill, Johnnie-O, and the Haunter act as bullies in the novel. How do they affect others and the world of Everlost? How have they become bullies? What does their behavior do to their characters and identities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the fear of the unknown in Everlost, including how characters' past experiences affect their fears of the unknown.
Part 1) The coins represent the unknown to Mary. Why does she fear them?
Part 2) How does Allie approach the unknown in the novel? Does she show fear of the unknown?
Part 3) Why does the McGill fear the unknown of crossing into the afterlife? How does his fear compare to Mary's?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel.
Part 1) How is the nature of Everlost, and its rules, and important part of the novel? How do the characters change the setting, and how does the setting change the characters?
Part 2) How does the setting of the novel affect its tone?
Part 3) How does removing the characters from their lives and placing them in Everlost affect the characters' personalities and actions?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)