|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the jogger in the crash?
(a) The jogger crashes through the windshield.
(b) The jogger is stopped by an airbag.
(c) The jogger is thrown through the broken door.
(d) The jogger jumps out before the crash.
2. How far does Allie fall before something grabs her?
(a) Onto the hood of the car.
(b) Into the air outside the car windshield.
(c) Into the bedrock of the Earth.
(d) Into the topsoil beneath the grass.
3. What number does the McGill write on Allie's blouse?
4. Where on the ship does Nick go to hide?
(a) The engine room.
(b) One of the guest rooms.
(c) One of the holds.
(d) The mess hall.
5. Who does Allie go to, to find out about fortune cookies?
(d) The McGill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does Allie think that she will write?
2. What does the McGill's crew spend their time doing?
3. Where in New Jersey does the McGill avoid?
4. How many coins does Nick have left after helping the rescued children go into the light?
5. What is the old man in the engine room doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the old man in the engine room thinking about, when Allie enters his thoughts?
2. What caused the little girl at the end of the story to get lost on her way to the light?
3. How does the prophecy that Allie will be the first and last come to pass?
4. How does Mary react when she finds out Nick has helped the thousand children on to the light?
5. Why doesn't Allie free Nick and Lief when she first finds them?
6. What does Allie grab onto to get on the McGill's ship?
7. How does Mikey escape the mob?
8. How does the McGill change his physical shape for Allie?
9. Why does the McGill keep children in the chiming chamber?
10. What is inside the McGill's safe?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)