|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick hide behind when the McGill opens his hiding place?
(a) A curtain.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A collapsed cardboard box.
2. What effect does being trapped in the barrel have on Nick?
(a) It makes him spiritually enlightened.
(b) It makes him strong and fearless.
(c) It makes him whiny and miserable.
(d) It makes him reckless and savage.
3. What kind of book does Allie think that she will write?
(a) A book of adventure.
(b) A book of defiance.
(c) A book of experience.
(d) A book of tragedy.
4. What does Allie's first fortune cookie say?
(a) The unexamined life leads to an unexamined death.
(b) Selfish ambition leaves friends in a pickle.
(c) A journey too long brings a storm to weather.
(d) Leading others astray leads yourself astray.
5. Where did Allie grow up?
(a) Atlantic City.
(b) Cape May.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many holds are there in the McGill's ship?
2. How far away from his goal does Nick find himself, after the kids are done manipulating their ropes?
3. Where does the jaguar crash?
4. What does the first boy that Allie finds hanging upside-down have on his pajamas?
5. How many of the rescued children come with Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allie believe the jogger will get as payment for Allie's possession?
2. What does Vari do after Mary has left?
3. How does Mary react when she finds out Nick has helped the thousand children on to the light?
4. Why does Pinhead want to open the barrels?
5. How does Mary respond when Nick tells her about the McGill and Allie's plan to defeat him?
6. What happens when the McGill calls out the Marauders?
7. What does Allie plan to do after she gets home?
8. What does Meadow say to Nick, once he's started the Twin Towers children on the way to the light?
9. What did the Twin Pier Marauders do to the McGill?
10. What does Allie learn about fortune cookies?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)