|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does Johnnie-O bring with him to meet Allie?
(a) A dozen.
2. What does Allie call Johnnie-O to get him to help her?
(a) Handsome and fair.
(b) A great leader.
(c) Strong and smart.
3. What happened to the nickel that Lief used to have?
(a) It was lost.
(b) It slowly eroded to nothing.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It was taken by a crow.
4. What initial does Mary Hightower think her real name started with?
5. Upon entering the Waldorf-Astoria, what song does Allie hear?
(a) Moonlight Serenade.
(b) Night and Day.
(c) Embraceable You.
(d) The Way You Look Tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allie want to go?
2. What is Nick's reaction when Allie says they're leaving?
3. What does the boy who's left the card game say when Nick dares him to go back?
4. What do Afterlights most easily see when they step into a space with both a building in Everlost and a building in the real world?
5. What was different about the forest in the real world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Mary went home after her death?
2. What does Allie notice about the children living with Mary in the World Trade Center?
3. What was the forest like when it was alive?
4. What reason does Johnnie-O give for asking Allie's name?
5. How does Lief feel, trapped alone in the barrel?
6. What does the Haunter do to Nick, when Nick is unable to complete his task?
7. Why doesn't Johnnie-O want to cross the Washington Bridge?
8. What causes the car accident?
9. What strikes the three children, as they approach New York City?
10. What is the first question Allie asks Mary when Mary comes to her room?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)