|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of the three children to step onto the marble plaza of the World Trade Center?
(a) They all step on together.
2. At first, Allie thinks the chocolate on Nick's face is _____________.
(b) Dried blood.
3. What happens to the garbage truck that runs over Allie?
(a) It runs into a utility pole.
(b) Its engine overheats.
(c) Its tire blows out.
(d) It overturns.
4. To whom does Mary tell the story of how she died?
(c) No one.
5. How many kids does Johnnie-O bring with him to meet Allie?
(a) A dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lief say the children are safe from the McGill in the forest?
2. What was different about the forest in the real world?
3. What does the factory smell of, when Nick first enters?
4. In what book does Mary write, "We are better than life"?
5. The Haunter is in a factory that has what kind of door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lief do to Allie and Nick that gets them upset and makes Allie cry?
2. What does Lief think about God?
3. What rooms do Allie, Nick, and Lief choose?
4. What causes the chocolate to smear on Nick's face?
5. What is the first question Allie asks Mary when Mary comes to her room?
6. Where does Mary go to be alone?
7. What happened when Mary went home after her death?
8. What was the forest like when it was alive?
9. What reason does Johnnie-O give for asking Allie's name?
10. Why doesn't Nick confront Mary about what Allie has shown him about the children living in the World Trade Center?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)