|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the McGill tell Pinhead to put Allie?
(a) In the hold.
(b) In the guest quarters.
(c) In the engine room.
(d) In the chime room.
2. What sensation does Allie feel when she enters the old man in the engine room?
3. What does the McGill think he smells on the deck, after dealing with the captives?
(d) Rotten eggs.
4. What does the McGill's crew spend their time doing?
5. How does Allie stop the screamer?
(a) She tells him to stop screaming and never do it again.
(b) She gives him a spanking.
(c) She tapes his mouth.
(d) She sets him free and sends him away.
6. Where did Piledriver die?
(a) At a pro wrestling match.
(b) In his school gym.
(c) In a friend's back yard.
(d) In his living room.
7. How many coins does Nick have left after helping the rescued children go into the light?
8. What handicap do the people in the haunted house have?
(a) They have a degenerative muscle disease.
(b) They are deaf.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They are paralyzed.
9. Nick compares the living world to _____________.
(a) A movie projected on a screen.
(b) Impressionist paintings.
(c) A radio broadcast from far away, filled with static.
(d) Shadows flickering in firelight.
10. How does Mary try to beat Nick to the Twin Towers?
(a) She knocks Nick out and takes the train.
(b) She takes the zeppelin.
(c) She takes Speedo's jaguar.
(d) She ties Nick up and takes the train.
11. What is the McGill and Allie's joint fortune about?
12. What is the Marauders' den called?
(a) Schmidt's Beer Bar.
(b) The Hell Hole.
(c) The Pier Pen.
(d) Shiloh's Stable.
13. What does the McGill threaten to do to the Haunter, if he won't answer the McGill's questions?
(a) Seal him back in the barrel.
(b) Throw him in the ocean.
(c) Bury him in the heart of the ship's engine.
(d) Put him in the chiming chamber.
14. What does Allie's first fortune cookie say?
(a) A journey too long brings a storm to weather.
(b) The unexamined life leads to an unexamined death.
(c) Leading others astray leads yourself astray.
(d) Selfish ambition leaves friends in a pickle.
15. How far away from his goal does Nick find himself, after the kids are done manipulating their ropes?
(a) 30 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick hide behind when the McGill opens his hiding place?
2. Where does Vari go, while the others are leaving?
3. What does the old man balk at doing?
4. What is the weather like, when the McGill comes to the piers?
5. What does Mikey try to imagine so that he and Allie are pulled upwards?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)