|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vari go, while the others are leaving?
(a) He goes aboard the Sulphur Queen.
(b) He sneaks off to follow Allie.
(c) He goes into the lair of the Marauders.
(d) He get distracted by the lights in a casino.
2. What does Allie's first fortune cookie say?
(a) Selfish ambition leaves friends in a pickle.
(b) A journey too long brings a storm to weather.
(c) Leading others astray leads yourself astray.
(d) The unexamined life leads to an unexamined death.
3. How many occupants does the McGill find in the fourteen barrels?
4. Mary arrives in Atlantic City in __________.
(a) The Hindenburg.
(b) The Challenger.
(c) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(d) The Spruce Goose.
5. Can Mary's transportation hold all thousand rescued children?
(a) Yes, though it's not designed to.
(b) No, though it's designed to hold more.
(c) Yes, it's designed to hold more.
(d) No, it's not designed to.
6. Where do Mikey and Allie emerge?
(a) In a house in a New Jersey suburb.
(b) In a small stream.
(c) In a New Jersey wood.
(d) In a network of caverns.
7. What did the McGill do to the Haunter's wraith-warriors?
(a) He shredded them with his claws.
(b) He sliced them up with his sword.
(c) He burned them with his breath.
(d) He exploded them with his mind.
8. Where on the ship does Nick go to hide?
(a) The engine room.
(b) One of the holds.
(c) One of the guest rooms.
(d) The mess hall.
9. How does Nick feel about Mary at the end of the story?
(a) He still loves her.
(b) He feels cold and uncaring toward her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
10. How does Allie stop the screamer?
(a) She tapes his mouth.
(b) She gives him a spanking.
(c) She tells him to stop screaming and never do it again.
(d) She sets him free and sends him away.
11. Where does the McGill tell Pinhead to put Allie?
(a) In the engine room.
(b) In the hold.
(c) In the guest quarters.
(d) In the chime room.
12. What is step seven of Allie's plan for the McGill to learn skinjacking?
(a) A yoga meditation.
(b) A month of morning rituals.
(c) A fast without touching food and water.
(d) A vow of silence.
13. What does Nick hide inside?
(a) A metal cupboard.
(b) An old refrigerator.
(c) A traveling trunk.
(d) An oak cabinet.
14. How far apart are the two ghost piers in Atlantic City?
(a) Ten yards.
(b) Twenty yards.
(c) Forty yards.
(d) Eighty yards.
15. How does the McGill say he came back from the center of the Earth?
(a) He thought lighter and lighter thoughts.
(b) He climbed on the Afterlights who were falling downward.
(c) He clawed his way out.
(d) He found a path to a volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the McGill plan to eventually do to Mary?
2. How do Mary and Nick travel to Lakehurst?
3. What does the McGill's crew spend their time doing?
4. What does Nick call the McGill's associates?
5. What is the McGill and Allie's joint fortune about?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)