|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What handicap do the people in the haunted house have?
(a) They are deaf.
(b) They are paralyzed.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They have a degenerative muscle disease.
2. What name does Mary come up with for Nick?
(a) The Bittersweet.
(b) The Candy Man.
(c) The Chocolate Ogre.
(d) The Sweet Stalker.
3. Where did Piledriver die?
(a) In his school gym.
(b) In a friend's back yard.
(c) At a pro wrestling match.
(d) In his living room.
4. Whom does Allie skinjack to avoid Mikey?
(a) A man of around sixty.
(b) A woman of around forty.
(c) A girl of around nineteen.
(d) A boy of around sixteen.
5. What does the McGill threaten to do to the Haunter, if he won't answer the McGill's questions?
(a) Seal him back in the barrel.
(b) Put him in the chiming chamber.
(c) Bury him in the heart of the ship's engine.
(d) Throw him in the ocean.
6. Where is the McGill, when Allie goes searching for his fortune cookies?
(a) On the coast of Florida.
(b) On the coast of South Carolina.
(c) On the coast of Maine.
(d) On the coast of New Jersey.
7. What does Nick hide behind when the McGill opens his hiding place?
(a) A collapsed cardboard box.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A curtain.
(d) A wedding dress.
8. Where do Mikey and Allie emerge?
(a) In a New Jersey wood.
(b) In a small stream.
(c) In a house in a New Jersey suburb.
(d) In a network of caverns.
9. How many holds are there in the McGill's ship?
10. Nick compares the living world to _____________.
(a) A movie projected on a screen.
(b) A radio broadcast from far away, filled with static.
(c) Shadows flickering in firelight.
(d) Impressionist paintings.
11. What does the McGill consult to find out how to do an unselfish act?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A religious tome.
(c) A fortune cookie.
(d) Mary's books.
12. How far does Allie fall before something grabs her?
(a) Into the topsoil beneath the grass.
(b) Into the bedrock of the Earth.
(c) Into the air outside the car windshield.
(d) Onto the hood of the car.
13. What is the old man in the engine room doing?
(a) Reading a paper.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Repairing a pipe.
(d) Drinking coffee.
14. How does Mary greet Nick when he returns?
(a) She will not speak to him and pretends he's not there.
(b) She is angry and asks him to leave the Towers.
(c) She is cold and dismissive toward him.
(d) She throws her arms around him and kisses him.
15. What is the weather like, when the McGill comes to the piers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick hide inside?
2. What does Nick call the McGill's associates?
3. What is the McGill and Allie's joint fortune about?
4. What does the McGill want from Allie?
5. What does the McGill's crew use to tie the hands of his hostages?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)