|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Allie and Nick to get out of the mountains?
2. What is Lief doing when the car accident happens?
(a) Hiding in the bushes by the road.
(b) Sleeping under a tree in the forest.
(c) Gathering leaves and twigs in the forest.
(d) Jumping from branch to branch in the forest.
3. Who interrupts Nick while he is in his room trying to make sure he will remember his name?
4. What gets on the elevator with Allie on the ninety-eighth floor?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A big foot.
(d) A skeleton.
5. Has the boy in the elevator ever met the Haunter?
(a) Yes, he met him once.
(b) Yes, he's met him many times.
(c) No, but he knows kids who've gone there.
(d) No, but he saw him briefly from a distance.
6. Where is Johnnie-O's hideout?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a parking structure.
(c) In a tree house.
(d) In a church.
7. What does Johnnie-O avoid, as he goes down the streets of his town?
(a) The street lights.
(b) The sites of car accidents.
(c) The Chinese restaurants.
(d) The psychics' shops.
8. What was different about the forest in the real world?
(a) Trees were chopped down.
(b) Trees were dead of blight.
(c) Trees were burned down.
(d) Trees had autumn leaves.
9. Why are the children stuck in Everlost known as Afterlights?
(a) They glow in the dark.
(b) They are a light left over after their lives.
(c) They live in a dim world, after the light is gone.
(d) They exist after being drawn toward the light.
10. What does Allie grab onto, as she heads through a tunnel toward the light?
(b) Piece of wreckage.
(c) Tree branch.
(d) Her father.
11. What does the Haunter throw at Nick?
(a) A ball.
(b) An apple.
(c) A stone.
(d) A doll.
12. What does Mary wear?
(a) Confirmation gown.
(b) Jeans and a plaid shirt.
(c) Uncomfortable school dress.
(d) Pair of tattered shorts and a t-shirt.
13. What happened to the nickel that Lief used to have?
(a) It was taken by a crow.
(b) It was lost.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It slowly eroded to nothing.
14. How was Mary killed?
(a) By a horse.
(b) By an explosion.
(c) By a car.
(d) By a train.
15. Where do Allie and Nick stop to rest on the road south?
(a) At spots where there is total darkness.
(b) At spots where the road is cracked and potholed.
(d) At spots where people have died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary's mother die?
2. What does Allie write on her paper?
3. What does Lief say when Allie asks to come to his home and use his telephone?
4. To whom does Mary tell the story of how she died?
5. What do Mary's books look like?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)