|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nick greet Mary when she first visits his room?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He smiles at her and waves.
2. How long does the Haunter want to keep Allie's friends?
(a) Three years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
3. What does Allie call Johnnie-O to get him to help her?
(a) Handsome and fair.
(c) A great leader.
(d) Strong and smart.
4. In what book does Mary write, "We are better than life"?
(a) Dealing with Eternity.
(b) Afterlife Thoughts.
(c) The First Hundred Years.
(d) The Life of Death.
5. What does the Haunter throw at Nick?
(a) An apple.
(b) A stone.
(c) A doll.
(d) A ball.
6. Where does the boy in the elevator tell Allie that the Haunter lives?
(a) A former cat food factory.
(b) A former pickle factory.
(c) A former shoe factory.
(d) A former whistle factory.
7. What does Johnnie-O avoid, as he goes down the streets of his town?
(a) The Chinese restaurants.
(b) The sites of car accidents.
(c) The street lights.
(d) The psychics' shops.
8. What color is Nick's hair?
(d) Strawberry blonde.
9. To whom does Mary tell the story of how she died?
(a) No one.
10. Where do Allie and Nick stop to rest on the road south?
(a) At spots where people have died.
(c) At spots where the road is cracked and potholed.
(d) At spots where there is total darkness.
11. Has the boy in the elevator ever met the Haunter?
(a) No, but he saw him briefly from a distance.
(b) Yes, he met him once.
(c) Yes, he's met him many times.
(d) No, but he knows kids who've gone there.
12. The Haunter is in a factory that has what kind of door?
(a) An empty frame, where a door once stood.
(b) A brightly painted aluminum door.
(c) A heavy steel door.
(d) A decaying wood door.
13. What is the final score of the kickball game that Allie shows Nick?
(a) Ten to six.
(b) Nine to seven.
(c) Eleven to five.
(d) Tied eight to eight.
14. What are people who locate objects that have passed through to Everlost called?
15. What does Allie write on her paper?
(b) Her memories.
(c) A list.
(d) A story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Johnnie-O and Allie enter New York through the tunnel?
2. What does Allie offer to Johnnie-O?
3. What does Lief say when Allie asks to come to his home and use his telephone?
4. What does Mary call the mysterious talents that can sometimes connect Afterlights to the living world?
5. What does the factory smell of, when Nick first enters?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)