|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Ra'zac threaten Saphira with that kept her from attacking?
2. When does Ajihad know that Murtagh is the son of Morzan?
3. What surprises Eragon when he enters the cathedral?
4. What does Saphira suggest might be the reason for Murtagh's story if Murtagh is making them up?
5. What does Saphira say may be the safest thing to do after the Ra'zac are killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Eragon and Murtagh argue about when discussing ways to escape those foiling them in the chapter "Water from Sand?"
2. When Eragon and Saphira first enter the Hadarac Desert what does Saphira tell Eragon about the desert?
3. Why is Brom so angry with Eragon after Eragon had insulted the Urgal's master and let them live?
4. Describe the magical test that the Twins put Eragon through.
5. Explain how Murtagh and Eragon's relationship develops in the chapter "Capture at Gil'ead?"
6. In the chapter "Diamond Tomb" what does Eragon find curious about Murtagh?
7. Describe the rituals conducted by the priests in Dras-Leona.
8. What does Ajihad explain is the reason that Ayra had the egg?
9. As Eragon, Murtagh, Saphira and the elf are beginning their journey to the Ramr River what thoughts does Eragon have in regards to returning home to Roran?
10. In the chapter "Flight Through the Valley" what does Saphira say to Eragon after he exhausts himself using magic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List the mythical creatures found in the story.
2) In what ways are these creatures alike? In what ways are they different?
3) Are Solembum and Saphira viewed more as people or more like pets? explain.
Essay Topic 2
Eragon and Saphira share a bond and care deeply for each other. Saphira worries about Eragon's safety and he continually worries for her. Explain the concern that each feels for the other. Is one more reasonable to worry about the other? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Brom and Garrow are both looked at as father figures to Eragon. Eragon continual says that Garrow raised him and is like a father to him and Eragon has the words "Like a father to me" written on Brom's grave.
1) In what ways are Garrow and Brom alike? In what ways do they differ?
2) What effect does it have on Eragon that he looses both of the men that he viewed this way?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)