|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saphira tell Eragon that Brom had said he believed to be true?
2. What is happening in the cave when Saphira wakes Eragon up?
3. What does Eragon realize when he wakes up in his cell?
4. What does the Mourning Sage tell Eragon not to do when Eragon wakes up?
5. What does Saphira do to control the pain while Eragon and Murtagh pull the arrow from her wing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Murtagh and Eragon's relationship develops in the chapter "Capture at Gil'ead?"
2. What does Ajihad explain is the reason that Ayra had the egg?
3. Why is Brom concerned about Galbatorix coming to Dras-Leona?
4. What explanation do Eragon and Saphira give to King Hrothgar when he asks them why they are with the Verdan and choose to side against the Empire?
5. When Eragon and Saphira first enter the Hadarac Desert what does Saphira tell Eragon about the desert?
6. Why is Brom so angry with Eragon after Eragon had insulted the Urgal's master and let them live?
7. Explain Eragon's reaction when he is able to call forth an image of the young girl he has been seeing in his dreams?
8. What does Eragon find on the elf's unconscious body while in the chapter "A Warrior and a Healer?"
9. In the chapter "Diamond Tomb" what does Eragon find curious about Murtagh?
10. Explain why Eragon is so confused after Murtagh kills Torkenbrand.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eragon and Saphira share a bond and care deeply for each other. Saphira worries about Eragon's safety and he continually worries for her. Explain the concern that each feels for the other. Is one more reasonable to worry about the other? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Eragon seemed sure that Angela was talking of Roran's death and Roran's betrayal when she read the dragon's bones.
1) Should Eragon have been able to see that there was a death other than Roran's in his future?
2) Is it possible that someone other than Roran will be the one to betray Eragon?
Essay Topic 3
Brom and Garrow are both looked at as father figures to Eragon. Eragon continual says that Garrow raised him and is like a father to him and Eragon has the words "Like a father to me" written on Brom's grave.
1) In what ways are Garrow and Brom alike? In what ways do they differ?
2) What effect does it have on Eragon that he looses both of the men that he viewed this way?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)