|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eragon accuse Saphira of when she comments on Arya's shapeless form?
2. What does Eragon call Murtagh's killing Turkenbrand?
3. When Eragon arrives at the fields for his testing what is he told that they are training for?
4. What does Eragon find on the elf's body while trying to heal her wounds?
5. What does Saphira put around Brom's tomb using her powers?
Short Essay Questions
1. After they are out of the Hadarac Desert what does Eragon feel his new drive has become along with vengence for the death of Brom and Garrow?
2. Describe the rituals conducted by the priests in Dras-Leona.
3. Explain how Murtagh and Eragon's relationship develops in the chapter "Capture at Gil'ead?"
4. What does Eragon see when he touches Durza's mind?
5. What does Brom tell Eragon in "Legacy of a Rider" shortly before Brom dies?
6. Explain how Murtagh came to be an enemy of Galbatorix?
7. When Eragon and Saphira first enter the Hadarac Desert what does Saphira tell Eragon about the desert?
8. What does Angela explain was the curse Brom carried?
9. When Eragon awakes in a cell in the chapter "Du Sundavar Freohr" what does Eragon realize?
10. What does Eragon find on the elf's unconscious body while in the chapter "A Warrior and a Healer?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eragon seemed sure that Angela was talking of Roran's death and Roran's betrayal when she read the dragon's bones.
1) Should Eragon have been able to see that there was a death other than Roran's in his future?
2) Is it possible that someone other than Roran will be the one to betray Eragon?
Essay Topic 2
Eragon reaches his sixteenth birthday while on his journey. Explain the importance of this.
1) What is the importance of Eragon finding the egg when he is still so young?
2) Would Eragon and Saphira's relationship had differed had Eragon been much older?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it so important to Eragon to keep control of his future? Would Eragon have been as accepting of going with Arya if the Mourning Sage had not come to Eragon after Eragon's battle with Durza? Explain.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)