|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saphira do when Brom begins to beat Eragon?
(a) She goes to sleep
(b) She becomes ashamed of Eragon
(c) She growls at Brom
(d) She laughs
2. What does Eragon tell Spahira when she tells him she might be spotted as they are flying Garrow into town for help?
(a) Go invisible
(b) It no longer matters
(c) Fly low to be less noticable
(d) Fly high to be less noticable
3. What does Horst tell Eragon they found that troubled the men?
(a) Wizard potions
(b) Shade bodies
(c) Giant beast foot prints
(d) Magical residue
4. What does Eragon tell the guard in the chapter "A Taste of Teirm" had been wrong with Brom when Brom was younger?
(a) Born Early
(b) Brain Fever
(c) Chicken Flu
(d) Fell out of a tree
5. What does Martin tell Brom the sailors are blaming the shipping attacks on?
6. What does Saphira tell Eragon is his only true guide?
(a) The words of his uncle
(b) His heart
(c) Their destiny
(d) His head
7. When Eragon reaches Carvahall where does he go first?
(b) To the Library
(c) Pig Farmer
(d) Butcher's Shop
8. Why does Eragon think he might need to kill the dragon?
(a) The dragon might be dangerous
(b) The dragon would eat all their animals
(c) Dragon Riders must join the king
(d) Dragons carry Dragon Pox
9. Who are the Urgals and the Shade looking for in the forest?
(a) Three Elves
(b) A dragon rider
(c) A white rabbit
10. What does Saphira do after they are in the air explaining that it is what she will do if under attack?
(a) Blows Fire around her
(b) Drops into a roll
(c) Curls into a ball
(d) Nose dive
11. Why does Eragon take the stone he finds in the woods?
(a) He collects rocks
(b) He believes it may be worth money
(c) He thinks it may be good luck
(d) He had a dream about the stone
12. When Saphira and Eragon fall asleep in the Spire what is Eragon's main concern?
(a) Staying warm
(b) His uncle Garrow
(c) His cousin Roran
13. Why does Saphira refuse to get Eragon when he calls her while he is talking to Brom?
(a) Brom has already talked to her
(b) Saphira has closed her thoughts to Eragon
(c) Saphira is frightened of Brom
(d) Saphira senses Shades
14. Why are the elves called the fair people?
(a) They love a good carnival
(b) They are fair skinned with light hair
(c) They are just and fair with all
(d) They are more graceful than people
15. Who does Eragon say he heard about the dragon's scales from?
(a) His uncle
(b) A traveling soldier
(c) His mother
(d) A trader
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom hand Eragon when they make camp and tell him to defend himself with?
2. What two things is Garrow able to send with Roran when Roran leaves?
3. What does the Urgal tell Eragon when he lands in front of them?
4. How does Eragon feel after using the magic to kill the Urgals?
5. What does Brom tell Eragon about riding Saphira while they are nearing the town of Teirm?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)