|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses an arm in Chapter 54?
2. What does de Soya set the resurrection cycles to in Chapter 53?
3. What is the first Ouster world?
4. When de Soya wakes from resurrection in Pacem, he is being cared for by ___________.
5. What is Raul forced to pretend to be in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does de Soya reveal in Chapter 37?
2. What happens when Raul is forced to pretend to be a fisherman?
3. What occurs when Raul is pulled by the forceful current under the ice wall that blocks the path of him and his crew?
4. What does Captain de Soya do while on Mare Infinitus?
5. What happens when Aenea leaves Sol Draconi Septem?
6. What happens when de Soya wakes to find orders from the Pope that they have been rerouted to God's Grove?
7. Discuss what happens when de Soya faces the Inquisition.
8. Discuss Aenea and her crew's travel down the river.
9. What are Aenea's thoughts on the Shrike in Chapter 30?
10. What occurs when the perspective of the novel changes to Nemes's in Chapter 55?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the use of chapters to organize the novel and the effect this has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
The point of view of the novel changes several times. What are the reasons for this? What are the effects of this on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel's genre? Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three details to justify your response.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)