|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shape-shifts their arm into a blade in Chapter 47?
2. Whom does Aenea inform that the Core is alive and dangerous?
3. What is a hoax involving the Raphael?
4. Who traps the Shrike in a Sphinx trap?
5. What type of world is Hebron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aenea tell her friends in Chapter 50?
2. Discuss the death of Nemes.
3. What does the Pope see in his vision?
4. Discuss Aenea and her crew's travel down the river.
5. What plan does de Soya reveal in Chapter 37?
6. Discuss what happens when de Soya faces the Inquisition.
7. What theory does Aenea reveal in Chapter 52?
8. What occurs when the perspective of the novel changes to Nemes's in Chapter 55?
9. What happens when Aenea leaves Sol Draconi Septem?
10. What occurs when Raul is pulled by the forceful current under the ice wall that blocks the path of him and his crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the novel's genre? Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three details to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
The point of view of the novel changes several times. What are the reasons for this? What are the effects of this on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting in the novel and how it is displayed?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)