|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awakens from resurrection in Chapter 49?
2. What is the world of Lam mouth Leviathon capable of doing?
3. How do the Chitachatuk travel?
4. Who uses a shape-shifting finger to probe Father Glaucus's brain?
5. Whose resurrection is unsuccessful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Glaucus explain to Aenea and her party about the Chitchatuk?
2. What are Aenea's thoughts on the Shrike in Chapter 30?
3. Discuss the exploration of de Soya and his crew in Chapter 32.
4. What happens when Aenea leaves Sol Draconi Septem?
5. Discuss the deaths that Nemes causes in Chapter 47.
6. What happens to Aenea and her crew on their way to the frozen city?
7. What is learned when de Soya wakes early from his resurrection in Chapter 53?
8. Discuss the trap Nemes sets for Aenea.
9. Discuss the inner workings of the Raphael.
10. Where do Aenea and her crew find themselves in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between the Church and the Core and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Technology plays a prominent role in the novel with technology that represents the future that is displayed in the novel. Discuss the role of technology in the novel. Why is technology helpful to Aenea? How does technology provide help for Aenea's enemies against her? What are the pros and cons of technology discussed in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Foils are used in the novel when Aenea is followed by De Soya and the Swiss Guard. Discuss the role of foils in the novel and the effect they have on Aenea as well as the story.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)