|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third world Aenea and her crew find themselves on?
2. Whom does Aenea believe has sent something to kill her?
3. How do Aenea and Raul travel to the second portal?
4. Where do Aenea and her band of heroes find themselves in Chapter 29?
5. Whom does Raul knock off a platform into dangerous water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what happens when de Soya faces the Inquisition.
2. What happens when Raul is forced to pretend to be a fisherman?
3. Discuss the death of Nemes.
4. Discuss Aenea and her crew's travel down the river.
5. Discuss the trap Nemes sets for Aenea.
6. What plan does de Soya reveal in Chapter 37?
7. What are Aenea's thoughts on the Shrike in Chapter 30?
8. What theory does Aenea reveal in Chapter 52?
9. Where do Aenea and her crew find themselves in Chapter 29?
10. What does the Pope see in his vision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The church plays a key role in the novel. What role does the church have in the story? What does the church stand for? Give three examples as to what is important to the church in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Time periods play a prominent role in the novel when Raul is said to be born in the year 3099 A.D. What role do time periods play in the novel? How do time periods connect to ideas that are discussed throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Decide whom you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and an antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and antagonist in the story?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)