|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aenea reach in Chapter 24?
2. Where does Raul arrange to meet A. Bettik and the ship?
3. What is programmed to fly a labyrinth of tunnels to reach the Valley of the Time Tombs?
4. Where is the narrator when speaking to readers in Chapter 1?
5. What does Aenea tell de Soya when she opens the lines of communication to him in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ship Raul is taken aboard.
2. What do Raul and his crew do during their week on the ship in Chapter 21?
3. Discuss Raul's thoughts on his actions toward saving Aenea.
4. Who is Martin Silenus?
5. What happens when Aenea steps out of the Sphinx?
6. Discuss Aenea and her crew's thoughts while on their ship in Chapter 19.
7. Discuss the poem Endymion.
8. What happens when a priest visits Raul the day of his trial?
9. What events lead to Raul being sentenced to death?
10. What happens when Aenea reaches the Parvati System?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the novel's genre? Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three details to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the ideas that are present in the novel that have and have not changed since the 20th century.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Raul's job to find Aenea with that of De Soya's job to find Aenea. Why are these men chosen for this task? What characteristics do these men hold? What tasks are they told to perform?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)