|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aenea reach in Chapter 24?
2. Who refuses treatment to their injured leg?
3. What is the name of de Soya's ship?
4. Where does de Soya believe Aenea's ship is headed?
5. Who is requested to destroy the Pax and topple the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the first resurrection of Father Captain de Soya.
2. What happens when de Soya awakens on the ship St. Thomas Akira?
3. What do Raul and his crew do during their week on the ship in Chapter 21?
4. What events lead to Raul being sentenced to death?
5. What does Aenea reveal about her mother and father?
6. Discuss Raul's thoughts on his actions toward saving Aenea.
7. Discuss the ship Raul is taken aboard.
8. What happens the second time Aenea and de Soya meet?
9. What happens when Captain de Soya's crew finds Aenea's ship?
10. Discuss the thoughts of the unnamed narrator in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between the Church and the Core and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel's genre? Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three details to justify your response.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)