|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guard works as de Soya's crew?
2. Whom does Aenea open a communication line to when Gregorious and his men attach themselves to Aenea's ship?
3. If de Soya stuns Aenea and her crew, Aenea warns him that ____________.
4. Whose sister was brought to Renaissance Vector for treatment when ill?
5. Where does Raul arrange to meet A. Bettik and the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raul and his crew do during their week on the ship in Chapter 21?
2. Discuss the poem Endymion.
3. Discuss Aenea and her crew's thoughts while on their ship in Chapter 19.
4. What happens when Aenea steps out of the Sphinx?
5. Discuss the introduction of the Shrike.
6. What is the Pax's plan when Aenea arrives?
7. What mission does Raul receive from Silenus?
8. Who is Raul Endymion?
9. Discuss the time when de Soya accepted the cross.
10. Who is Martin Silenus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between the Church and the Core and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between Aenea and Raul. Why is this relationship important to understand? How does this relationship impact the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Technology plays a prominent role in the novel with technology that represents the future that is displayed in the novel. Discuss the role of technology in the novel. Why is technology helpful to Aenea? How does technology provide help for Aenea's enemies against her? What are the pros and cons of technology discussed in the novel?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)