|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses an arm when waiting to sedate Aenea?
2. Whom does Raul let take charge in the Parvati System?
3. What time is Raul to leave to get Aenea?
4. What does Raul discover the ship has been modified to do by the Ousters?
5. If de Soya stuns Aenea and her crew, Aenea warns him that ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raul and his crew do during their week on the ship in Chapter 21?
2. What occurs fifteen minutes prior to Aenea stepping out of the Sphinx?
3. Where is de Soya summoned in Chapter 28?
4. What does Raul find in an abandoned tower?
5. What is the Pax's plan when Aenea arrives?
6. Discuss the poem Endymion.
7. Discuss Raul's thoughts on his actions toward saving Aenea.
8. Why does Aenea want to travel to a Web world?
9. What happens when Aenea reaches the Parvati System?
10. How does Raul save Aenea in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poetry holds a focus in the novel involving the John Keats poem, Endymion. What does this poem represent? What connection does the poem have to Raul?
Essay Topic 2
Foils are used in the novel when Aenea is followed by De Soya and the Swiss Guard. Discuss the role of foils in the novel and the effect they have on Aenea as well as the story.
Essay Topic 3
Time periods play a prominent role in the novel when Raul is said to be born in the year 3099 A.D. What role do time periods play in the novel? How do time periods connect to ideas that are discussed throughout the novel?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)