|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
2. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
3. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
4. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
5. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
Essay Topic 2
How is Temple's book important in changing people's perceptions of mental illness? How much does it help that she is a well established doctor? What dangers are there in people connecting such illnesses with high achievers?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)