|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Temple in this chapter?
2. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
3. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
4. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
5. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
3. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
4. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
5. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
6. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
7. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
8. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
9. Describe the boarding school Temple is enrolled at in Chapter 8.
10. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine autism as described in the book.
1) How does an autistic think compared to a more normal person?
2) How can an autistic learn differently?
3) Define a stable state of mind.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)