|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
2. What does Temple research in this chapter?
3. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
4. What is Alfred's other name?
5. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
2. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
3. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
4. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
5. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
6. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
7. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
8. Describe the boarding school Temple is enrolled at in Chapter 8.
9. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
10. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why autism is connected with creativity and original thought.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)