|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
2. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
3. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
4. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
5. Which of the following tests does Temple do well at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
2. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
4. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
5. How does Temple justify using the machine?
6. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
7. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
8. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
9. How are things getting better for Temple?
10. How does Temple's machine help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Temple's life and how did they change her? What does Temple still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Temple often examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Temple take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)