|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
2. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
3. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
4. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
5. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Temple uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two sub-levels of autism and discuss the following:
1) The symptons and the problems it causes for the sufferer
2) How a sufferer is treated
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Temple use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)