|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
2. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
3. Where does the sliding door lead to?
4. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
5. Where does Temple have to put the cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
3. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
5. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
6. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
7. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
8. How does Temple's machine help her?
9. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
10. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
Essay Topic 2
How important is it to the study of autism that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)