|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
2. How does Temple remember abstractions?
3. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
4. Where does the sliding door lead to?
5. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
2. How are things getting better for Temple?
3. Describe the boarding school Temple is enrolled at in Chapter 8.
4. How does Temple feel about her mother's letter?
5. How does Temple justify using the machine?
6. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
7. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
8. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
9. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
10. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 500 words, and using examples from the book, discuss the difference between Temple's life when she was not in control of her illness to when you did gain control.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
Examine Temple's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Temple's style give to her story?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)