|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
2. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
3. Where does Temple's door lead to?
4. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
5. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple justify using the machine?
2. How are things getting better for Temple?
3. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
4. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
5. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
6. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
7. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
9. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay revolving around the following statement: "Autism is not an illness, but a different way of viewing the world."
Essay Topic 3
Temple often examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Temple take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)