|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
2. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
3. What school researches Temple's nerve attacks?
4. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
5. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things getting better for Temple?
2. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
3. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
4. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
6. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
7. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
8. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
9. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
10. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
Essay Topic 2
Examine Temple's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Temple's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 3
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)