|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
2. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
3. What bodily system does spinning balance?
4. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
5. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
2. How does Temple's machine help her?
3. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
4. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
5. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
6. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
7. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
8. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
9. How are things getting better for Temple?
10. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Temple's life and how did they change her? What does Temple still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
Essay Topic 3
Choose two sub-levels of autism and discuss the following:
1) The symptons and the problems it causes for the sufferer
2) How a sufferer is treated
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)