|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
2. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
3. What does Temple say parents and teachers should help a autistic child develop?
4. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
5. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Temple's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Temple's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Temple use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)