Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
2. What do autistics overreact to?
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
4. Describe Appendix B.
5. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What is perserveration?
10. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
Write an essay revolving around the following statement: "Autism is not an illness, but a different way of viewing the world."
Examine autism as described in the book.
1) How does an autistic think compared to a more normal person?
2) How can an autistic learn differently?
3) Define a stable state of mind.
How much do you think Temple changed positive representations of autism? What positive impact have Temple's ideas had on society? Do you think Temple's ideas have had any negative impacts?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)