|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
2. What do autistics overreact to?
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
4. Describe Appendix B.
5. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What is perserveration?
10. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
Essay Topic 1
Temple often examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Temple take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 2
How important is it to the study of autism that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 3
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)