|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does Temple think looks like ice?
2. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
3. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
4. Which of the following classes does Temple say she does well in?
5. Why does Temple say bird bath begins with g?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
2. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
3. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
4. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
5. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
6. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
7. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
8. What causes autism?
9. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
10. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much do you think Temple changed positive representations of autism? What positive impact have Temple's ideas had on society? Do you think Temple's ideas have had any negative impacts?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)