|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple's mother say Temple is motivated by?
2. Who is Temple's mother driving her to see?
3. Which of the following does Carlock say Temple is good at?
4. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
5. Who does Dr. Stein write to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
2. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
3. What causes autism?
4. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
5. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
6. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
7. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
8. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
9. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
10. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
Essay Topic 2
Temple often examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Temple take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a famous autistic.
1) What has he/she contributed to society?
2) How has his/her autism helped him/her to become successful?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)