|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last school Temple attended?
2. How does Temple diagnose autism?
3. Which of the following classes does Temple say she does well in?
4. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
5. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple cope at private school?
2. What is perserveration?
3. Why is Temple expelled from school in Chapter 7?
4. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
5. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
6. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
7. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
8. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
9. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
10. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a famous autistic.
1) What has he/she contributed to society?
2) How has his/her autism helped him/her to become successful?
Essay Topic 2
How important is it to the study of autism that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why autism is connected with creativity and original thought.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)