|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple's success give hope to?
2. What does Temple say she cannot get as a child?
3. Which of the following noises does Temple say she made as a four-year-old?
4. What does Temple say she hides?
5. What was the last school Temple attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple fixate on the sliding glass door in Chapter 11?
2. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
3. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
4. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
5. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
6. Why does Carlock think Temple is unique?
7. Describe Appendix C.
8. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
9. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
10. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 500 words, and using examples from the book, discuss the difference between Temple's life when she was not in control of her illness to when you did gain control.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Temple use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)