|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple say she used to do to the other kids at school?
2. Which of the following does Carlock not say Temple is good at?
3. Which of the following can a lack of touch cause?
4. What does Temple say she likes to put through her fingers?
5. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
2. Why does Carlock think Temple is unique?
3. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
4. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
5. Why is Temple expelled from school in Chapter 7?
6. What is perserveration?
7. How does Temple cope at private school?
8. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
9. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
10. Who is William Carlock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
How important is it to the study of autism that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two sub-levels of autism and discuss the following:
1) The symptons and the problems it causes for the sufferer
2) How a sufferer is treated
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)