Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
2. What do autistics overreact to?
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
4. Describe Appendix B.
5. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What is perserveration?
10. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Temple use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How much do you think Temple changed positive representations of autism? What positive impact have Temple's ideas had on society? Do you think Temple's ideas have had any negative impacts?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)