|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Temple naughty?
2. How does Temple diagnose autism?
3. Which bodily system does autism affect?
4. What does Temple say her teacher's face is like?
5. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple define autism?
2. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
3. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
4. What causes autism?
5. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
6. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
7. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. How does Temple cope at private school?
10. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine autism as described in the book.
1) How does an autistic think compared to a more normal person?
2) How can an autistic learn differently?
3) Define a stable state of mind.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why autism is connected with creativity and original thought.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Temple use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)