|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
2. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
3. What does Temple make with paper?
4. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
5. Why does Temple say bird bath begins with g?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
2. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
3. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
4. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
5. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
6. Who is William Carlock?
7. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
8. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
9. What causes autism?
10. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 2
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
Essay Topic 3
How much do you think Temple changed positive representations of autism? What positive impact have Temple's ideas had on society? Do you think Temple's ideas have had any negative impacts?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)