Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
2. What do autistics overreact to?
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
4. Describe Appendix B.
5. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What is perserveration?
10. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Temple's illness affected that particular area in her life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Choose one of the people Temple mentions in the book and discuss how he/she helped Temple to recover. Could Temple have survived without his/her support?
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Temple uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)