|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
2. What is the name of the camp counselor?
3. What does Temple tie to desks?
4. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
5. Who is Temple's mother driving her to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlock think Temple is unique?
2. How does Temple justify using the machine?
3. Summarize the book.
4. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
8. Describe Appendix A.
9. Why does Temple fixate on the sliding glass door in Chapter 11?
10. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why autism is connected with creativity and original thought.
Essay Topic 2
Temple often examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Temple take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)