|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Temple's mother driving her to see?
2. What makes Temple naughty?
3. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
4. How does Rimland stop Temple from being loud?
5. What does Temple call the behaviors of an autistic?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
2. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
3. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
4. Who is William Carlock?
5. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
6. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
7. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
8. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
9. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
10. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 500 words, and using examples from the book, discuss the difference between Temple's life when she was not in control of her illness to when you did gain control.
Essay Topic 2
Examine autism as described in the book.
1) How does an autistic think compared to a more normal person?
2) How can an autistic learn differently?
3) Define a stable state of mind.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two sub-levels of autism and discuss the following:
1) The symptons and the problems it causes for the sufferer
2) How a sufferer is treated
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)