|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
2. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
3. What does Temple begin to imagine in this chapter?
4. What word does a girl tell Temple to repeat?
5. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes autism?
2. What is perserveration?
3. Who is William Carlock?
4. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
5. How does Temple cope at private school?
6. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
7. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
8. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
9. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
10. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a famous autistic.
1) What has he/she contributed to society?
2) How has his/her autism helped him/her to become successful?
Essay Topic 2
In 500 words, and using examples from the book, discuss the difference between Temple's life when she was not in control of her illness to when you did gain control.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why autism is connected with creativity and original thought.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)