|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple's success give hope to?
2. What makes Temple naughty?
3. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
4. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
5. Which of the following TV series does Temple say she enjoys?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
2. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
3. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
4. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
5. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
6. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
7. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
8. What causes autism?
9. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
10. How does Temple cope at private school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is it to the study of autism that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a famous autistic.
1) What has he/she contributed to society?
2) How has his/her autism helped him/her to become successful?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Temple's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Temple's style give to her story?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)