|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple's success give hope to?
2. Where is Mountain Country School located?
3. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
4. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
5. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Temple expelled from school in Chapter 7?
2. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
3. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
4. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
5. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
6. Why does Carlock think Temple is unique?
7. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
8. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
9. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
10. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of the following aided Temple in her recovery against manic depression"
Essay Topic 2
How was autism viewed in the Sixties? How is autism viewed today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine autism as described in the book.
1) How does an autistic think compared to a more normal person?
2) How can an autistic learn differently?
3) Define a stable state of mind.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)