|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Temple's door lead to?
(a) A cupboard
(b) A bedroom
(c) A shop
(d) A roof
2. Who asks Temple to stop going through her door?
(a) A carpenter
(b) Her mother
(c) Her teacher
(d) Her psychiartrist
3. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Swallow them down
(b) Scream them out
(c) Use them to create
(d) Journal it
4. What bodily system does spinning balance?
(a) Vestibular system
(b) Digestive system
(c) Nervous system
(d) Urinal system
5. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
(a) At night
(b) In the morning
(c) At lunch
(d) During lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
2. What kind of people does Temple work with?
3. What does Temple say parents and teachers should help a autistic child develop?
4. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
5. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
2. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
3. How are things getting better for Temple?
4. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
5. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
6. How does Temple's machine help her?
7. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
8. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
9. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
10. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)