|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
(a) The Unarmed Cowboy Group
(b) The European Meeting of Meat Research Workers
(c) The World Farmer Association
(d) The American Meeting of Meat Research Workers
2. What does Temple begin to suffer at school?
(a) Nerve attacks
(d) Home sickness
3. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
(a) A rotating door
(b) A sliding door
(c) A heavy metal door
(d) A small wooden door
4. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
(a) Disney World
5. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(c) Save people
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
2. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
3. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
4. Who does Temple test the machine on?
5. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things getting better for Temple?
2. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
3. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
4. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
5. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
8. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
9. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
10. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)