|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
(a) The Big Wheel
(b) The Rotor
(c) The Spin Reel
(d) Figure of Eight
2. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
(a) Mrs. Lotus
(b) Mrs. Johnson
(c) Mr. Carlock
(d) Mr. Brooks
3. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
4. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
5. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Rogets Machine
(b) The CODY Machine
(c) The Comforter
(d) The Squeeze Machine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
2. What does Temple become famous as at college?
3. What does the P in PACES stand for?
4. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
5. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
2. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
3. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
5. Why does Temple fixate on the sliding glass door in Chapter 11?
6. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
7. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
8. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
9. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
10. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)