|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
2. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
(a) The front
(b) The back
(c) The left
(d) The right
3. Which test does Temple say she scores low marks on?
(a) The Oral Directions Subyest
(b) The Woodcock Johnson test
(c) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning Test
(d) The Detroit Test of Learning Aptitude
4. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
(a) Talking therapy
(b) Music therapy
(c) Deep pressure therapy
(d) Occupational therapy
5. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
(a) She has to remember abstractions
(b) She gets bored
(c) She cannot add
(d) She has a bad teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of language does Temple say autistics use?
2. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
3. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
4. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
5. Where does Temple's door lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things getting better for Temple?
2. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
3. How does Temple's machine help her?
4. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
5. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
6. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
7. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
8. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
9. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
10. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)