|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
(c) Horseback riding
2. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
(a) Talking to animals
(b) Walking through a door
(c) Making a machine
3. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
(a) Stairway to Heaven
(b) Farm Yard
(c) Road to Hell
(d) Black Dog
4. Which test does Temple say she scores low marks on?
(a) The Detroit Test of Learning Aptitude
(b) The Oral Directions Subyest
(c) The Woodcock Johnson test
(d) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning Test
5. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Calms them down
(b) Makes them feel loved
(c) Opens them up to learning
(d) Gives them confidence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
2. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
3. What does Temple become famous as at college?
4. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
5. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
2. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
3. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
4. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Temple fixate on the sliding glass door in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
7. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
8. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
9. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
10. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)