|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
(a) Wood work classes
(b) Horseback riding
(c) Feeding the animals
2. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
3. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(d) Save people
4. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Calms them down
(b) Gives them confidence
(c) Makes them feel loved
(d) Opens them up to learning
5. Where does Temple's door lead to?
(a) A cupboard
(b) A shop
(c) A bedroom
(d) A roof
Short Answer Questions
1. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
2. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
3. What does the minister say is behind the door?
4. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
5. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
2. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
3. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
5. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
6. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple feel about her mother's letter?
8. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
9. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
10. Describe the boarding school Temple is enrolled at in Chapter 8.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)