|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
(a) Music therapy
(b) Talking therapy
(c) Deep pressure therapy
(d) Occupational therapy
2. What subject does Mr Brooks teach?
3. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
(d) Designs and inventions
4. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
(a) Petra Docker
(b) Denny Gordon
(c) Freda Franklin
(d) Lorna King
5. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She has to think about family
(b) She has to eat meat
(c) She forgot to buy presents
(d) She left her machine behind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
2. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
3. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
4. How does Temple remember abstractions?
5. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
2. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
3. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
4. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
5. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
6. How are things getting better for Temple?
7. Why does Temple fixate on the sliding glass door in Chapter 11?
8. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
9. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
10. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)