|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
2. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
3. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
(a) Occupational therapy
(b) Music therapy
(c) Deep pressure therapy
(d) Talking therapy
4. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
5. How should an autistic child be educated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
2. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
3. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
4. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
5. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
2. How are things getting better for Temple?
3. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
4. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
5. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
6. How does Temple justify using the machine?
7. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
8. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
9. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
10. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)