|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
(a) She has to remember abstractions
(b) She has a bad teacher
(c) She cannot add
(d) She gets bored
2. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
(a) A wooden door
(b) A rotating door
(c) A sliding door
(d) A steel door
3. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
(a) A farm
(c) A friends house
4. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(b) Nerve endings
5. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
2. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
3. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
4. What kind of people does Temple work with?
5. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. How are things getting better for Temple?
4. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
5. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
6. How does Mr Brookes help Temple in Chapter 9?
7. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
8. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
9. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
10. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)