|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the observation deck a crow's nest?
2. Who does Temple test the machine on?
(a) University professors
(d) College students
3. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
(b) A friends house
(d) A farm
4. What bodily system does spinning balance?
(a) Digestive system
(b) Urinal system
(c) Vestibular system
(d) Nervous system
5. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's other name?
2. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
3. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
4. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
5. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
2. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
4. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
5. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
6. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
7. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
8. How does Temple's machine help her?
9. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
10. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)