|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
(a) Freda Franklin
(b) Lorna King
(c) Petra Docker
(d) Denny Gordon
2. What door does Temple walk in and out of ten times?
(a) The sliding door
(b) The rotating door
(c) The trap door
(d) The wooden door
3. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
4. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
(a) Make her feel paranoid
(b) Upset her
(c) Discouraging her from making her machine
(d) Forcing her to go home
5. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
(c) Nervous system
(d) Abstract thinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
2. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
3. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
4. What kind of animal does Temple say likes her better after using the machine?
5. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
2. How are things getting better for Temple?
3. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
4. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
5. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
6. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
7. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
8. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
9. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
10. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)