|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
(a) A rotating door
(b) A steel door
(c) A sliding door
(d) A wooden door
2. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She steals food
(b) She teases her
(c) She laughs
(d) She cuts in line
3. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(c) Save people
4. How should an autistic child be educated?
5. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
(a) George Washington schools
(b) Roget and Johnson schools
(c) Montessori and Waldorf schools
(d) Oxford Learning schools
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
2. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
3. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
4. What does the P in PACES stand for?
5. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
2. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
3. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
6. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
7. Describe Temple's relationship with Alfred.
8. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
9. How does Temple justify using the machine?
10. How does Temple feel about her mother's letter?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)