|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She teases her
(b) She cuts in line
(c) She laughs
(d) She steals food
2. Who asks Temple to stop going through her door?
(a) Her teacher
(b) A carpenter
(c) Her psychiartrist
(d) Her mother
3. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Shout at them
(b) Playing games
(c) Making jokes
(d) Singing songs
4. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She has to eat meat
(b) She has to think about family
(c) She left her machine behind
(d) She forgot to buy presents
5. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Brooks
(b) Her father
(c) Her psychiatrist
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
2. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
3. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
4. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
5. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
2. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
3. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
4. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
5. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
6. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
7. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
8. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
9. How are things getting better for Temple?
10. How does Temple justify using the machine?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)