|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
(a) Forcing her to go home
(b) Upset her
(c) Discouraging her from making her machine
(d) Make her feel paranoid
2. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Rogets Machine
(b) The Squeeze Machine
(c) The CODY Machine
(d) The Comforter
3. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(b) The effects of laughing on humans
(c) The effects of touch on animals
(d) Brain disease
4. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
(a) A heavy metal door
(b) A rotating door
(c) A small wooden door
(d) A sliding door
5. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
(b) Making a machine
(c) Talking to animals
(d) Walking through a door
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's other name?
2. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
3. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
4. What does Alfred demand in his letters?
5. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
2. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
3. Where does Temple find temporary relief from her nerve attacks?
4. Why is it important to encourage an autistic's interests?
5. How does Temple feel about her mother's letter?
6. How are things getting better for Temple?
7. How does Temple's machine help her?
8. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
9. Why does Temple become fixated on a small wooden door in Chapter 9?
10. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)