|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
(d) Disney World
2. Where does Temple have to put the cattle?
(a) A garden
(b) A slaughterhouse
(c) A chute
(d) A roof
3. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) The effects of laughing on humans
(b) Brain disease
(c) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(d) The effects of touch on animals
4. Where does Temple's door lead to?
(a) A bedroom
(b) A roof
(c) A shop
(d) A cupboard
5. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Singing songs
(b) Making jokes
(c) Playing games
(d) Shout at them
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
2. Who does Temple test the machine on?
3. What school researches Temple's nerve attacks?
4. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
5. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
2. How does Temple get on working with the cowboys and the cattle in Chapter 12?
3. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
4. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
5. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
6. Why should people be cautious when introducing autistic children to pets?
7. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
8. How are things getting better for Temple?
9. How does Temple feel about her mother's letter?
10. Why does Temple think spinning is good for autistic children?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)