|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) To find a husband
(b) To fund a PHD
(c) As part of her recovery
(d) To offer hope to parents
2. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She had friends
(b) She enjoyed physical contact
(c) She has been to university
(d) She is now fine
3. What does Temple's teacher smell of?
(d) Strong perfume
4. Which of the following words does one of the students call Temple?
5. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
(a) Dr. John
(b) Dr. Autem
(c) Dr. Stein
(d) Dr. Goad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
2. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
3. What word does Temple repeat?
4. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
5. What happens to neurons in the brain of an autistic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is perserveration?
2. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
3. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
4. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
5. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
6. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
7. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
8. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
9. What causes autism?
10. Why is Temple expelled from school in Chapter 7?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)