|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She has no friends from the school
(b) She is a loner
(c) She was hated as a child
(d) She was a bizarre child
2. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
3. What is wrong about the poem?
(a) The rhythm
(b) The images
(c) The length
(d) The words
4. What kind of world does Temple say she lived in as a child?
(a) A dark work
(b) A spongy world
(c) A visual world
(d) A LSD world
5. Which bodily system does autism affect?
(a) Nervous system
(b) Sensory system
(c) Vestibular system
(d) Digestive system
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does one of the students call Temple?
2. What kind of learning does Temple say she needs?
3. What does Temple write a poem about?
4. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
5. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Carlock?
2. How does Temple define autism?
3. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
4. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
5. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
6. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
7. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
8. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
9. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
10. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)