|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
(a) Lack of speech
(b) Laughing uncontrollably
(c) Sleeping constantly
2. What does Temple say she hides?
(a) Students clothes
(d) Her fear
3. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
4. What does Carlock say Temple is not concerned with?
5. Who writes the foreword?
(a) Temple's mother
(b) Temple Grandin
(c) Bill Carlock
(d) Bernard Rimland
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a boy tell Temple she does not have?
2. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
3. What does Temple say she used to do to the other kids at school?
4. What does Temple make with paper?
5. What word does a girl tell Temple to repeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
2. Why does Temple feel guilty about the machine she builds in Chapter 10?
3. Describe the boarding school Temple is enrolled at in Chapter 8.
4. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
5. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
6. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
7. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
8. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
9. How does Temple describe her nerve attacks?
10. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)