|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
(a) A speech therapist
(b) A child psychologist
(c) A politician
(d) The summer camp president
2. Which of the following words does one of the students call Temple?
3. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) A semi-truck
(b) A pick up
(c) A bronco
(d) An ice cream van
4. What do autistics overreact to?
(a) Bright lights
(b) Hearing their name
(d) Loud noises
5. Which of the following noises does Temple say she made as a four-year-old?
(d) La la ing
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does Temple think looks like ice?
2. What does Temple's mother ask her to put on?
3. What does Temple make with paper?
4. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
5. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
2. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
3. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
4. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
5. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
6. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
7. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
8. What is perserveration?
9. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
10. How does Temple define autism?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)