|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
2. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
(a) A glass
(b) A desk
(c) A knife
(d) A book
3. Who does Rimland take with him and Temple when they go for lunch?
(a) His secretary
(b) His business partner
(c) His father
(d) His wife
4. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
(a) Brain surgery
5. What does Temple say she likes to put through her fingers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
2. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
3. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
4. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
5. What does a boy tell Temple she does not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Carlock?
2. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
3. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
4. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
5. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
6. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
7. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
8. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
9. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
10. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)