Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
(a) They are one ear
(b) They are burning
(c) They have disappeared
(d) They are deaf
2. What do autistics overreact to?
(b) Hearing their name
(c) Bright lights
(d) Loud noises
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
(a) The children
(b) The new staff
(c) The animals
(d) The parents
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
(a) A static disorder
(b) A developmental disorder
(c) A world of avante garde images
(d) A brain malfunction
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
2. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
3. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
4. What makes Temple naughty?
5. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
2. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
3. What does Lorna King say in her letter to Temple?
4. Describe Appendix B.
5. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
6. Why does Temple think she suffers from nerve attacks?
7. How does Temple use visual images to help her in daily life?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What is perserveration?
10. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)