|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
(a) A desk
(b) A glass
(c) A book
(d) A knife
2. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She had friends
(b) She enjoyed physical contact
(c) She is now fine
(d) She has been to university
3. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) A pick up
(b) A semi-truck
(c) A bronco
(d) An ice cream van
4. What does Temple write a poem about?
(b) The middle ages
(c) The rainbow
(d) The dark ages
5. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
(a) She is beautiful
(b) She is a unique case
(c) She can attract media attention
(d) She has insights about autistic children
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
2. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
3. What happens to neurons in the brain of an autistic?
4. What is it called when a autistic child starts a movement and cannot stop it?
5. Which bodily system does autism affect?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
2. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
3. What is perserveration?
4. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
5. Who is William Carlock?
6. How does Temple cope at private school?
7. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
8. In what way does Temple misbehave at private school?
9. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
10. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)