|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple call a suitcase?
(a) A flower pot
(b) A chest
(c) A box
(d) A rectangle
2. What makes Temple naughty?
3. Which of the following words does one of the students call Temple?
4. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) As part of her recovery
(b) To find a husband
(c) To fund a PHD
(d) To offer hope to parents
5. What happens to neurons in the brain of an autistic?
(a) They grow in the wrong direction
(b) They are too sensitive
(c) They vibrate
(d) They get tangled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
2. Which of the following does Carlock not say Temple is good at?
3. Which bodily system does autism affect?
4. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
5. What genre does Temple become fascinated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
2. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
3. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
4. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
5. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
6. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
7. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
8. What is perserveration?
9. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
10. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)