|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Carlock to Temple?
(a) Her former teacher
(b) Her friend
(c) Her former psychiatrist
(d) Her ex husband
2. What does Temple's mother say Temple is motivated by?
(a) Seeing animals
(b) Being included
3. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
(a) She tries to grab the hat
(b) She tries to close her window
(c) She turns around
(d) She cannot see
4. What does Temple's mother ask her to put on?
(a) Her dress
(b) Her necklace
(c) Her ring
(d) Her hat
5. Why does Temple say bird bath begins with g?
(a) It is in a garden
(b) It attracts game birds
(c) IIt was created by God
(d) It rhymes with b
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
2. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
3. Who does Rimland take with him and Temple when they go for lunch?
4. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
5. What do autistics overreact to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
2. Who is William Carlock?
3. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
4. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
5. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
6. How does Temple define autism?
7. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
8. What impresses Rimland about Temple?
9. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
10. What does Temple remember about her junior high school days?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)