|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
(a) The new staff
(b) The parents
(c) The children
(d) The animals
2. Which bodily system does autism affect?
(a) Nervous system
(b) Sensory system
(c) Vestibular system
(d) Digestive system
3. What does Temple say her teacher's face is like?
(a) A wax work
(b) A horse
(c) A ghost
(d) A penguin
4. What does Temple call the behaviors of an autistic?
5. What is the name of Temple's old school?
(a) Wingrave Town School
(b) Cottesloe Hill School
(c) Mountain Country School
(d) Grange Hill
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does Temple think looks like ice?
2. Who writes the preface?
3. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
4. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
5. What kind of world does Temple say she lived in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is perserveration?
2. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
3. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
4. Who is William Carlock?
5. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
6. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
7. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
8. Why does Temple need pressure stimulation on her body?
9. How does Temple define autism?
10. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)