|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
(a) A knife
(b) A book
(c) A glass
(d) A desk
2. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
(a) She can attract media attention
(b) She has insights about autistic children
(c) She is beautiful
(d) She is a unique case
3. What does Temple say she hides?
(a) Students clothes
(c) Her fear
4. Who does Temple's success give hope to?
5. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple begin to imagine in this chapter?
2. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
3. What does a boy tell Temple she does not have?
4. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
5. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
2. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
3. What is perserveration?
4. What does Temple's mother's letter say about her mother's character and feelings towards her daughter?
5. What reason does Temple give for writing this book?
6. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
7. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
8. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
9. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
10. How does Temple cope at private school?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)