|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) An ice cream van
(b) A bronco
(c) A semi-truck
(d) A pick up
2. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She had friends
(b) She enjoyed physical contact
(c) She is now fine
(d) She has been to university
3. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
(a) Dr. John
(b) Dr. Autem
(c) Dr. Goad
(d) Dr. Stein
4. Who writes the foreword?
(a) Bernard Rimland
(b) Temple Grandin
(c) Bill Carlock
(d) Temple's mother
5. What does Temple write a poem about?
(a) The dark ages
(c) The rainbow
(d) The middle ages
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
2. What does Temple tie to desks?
3. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
4. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
5. What does Carlock say Temple is not concerned with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
2. What does Bernard Rimland note about Temple's autism in the foreword?
3. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
4. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
5. How does Temple cope at private school?
6. How does Temple define autism?
7. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
8. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
9. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited back to her old school in Vermont?
10. Why does Carlock think Temple is unique?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)