|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She enjoyed physical contact
(b) She is now fine
(c) She had friends
(d) She has been to university
2. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
3. Where does Temple go in this chapter?
(a) Giil scouts
(b) Summer camp
(c) Church camp
(d) Winter camp
4. What does Temple begin to imagine in this chapter?
(a) A magic machine
(b) An imaginary friend
(c) Space travel
(d) Another world
5. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
(a) Journal entries
(d) Wax works
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Temple diagnose autism?
2. What does Temple say she would not allow her mother to do when she was six-months-old?
3. What word does Temple repeat?
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Temple do badly on the oral direction sub-test?
2. How does Temple manage to endear herself to the other students?
3. How does Temple try and help the animals she works with in Chapter 12?
4. How does Temple get over her nerves when she goes home for Christmas?
5. How does Temple learn to stop hitting people?
6. Describe how Temple almost killed her mother and sister.
7. Why is Temple expelled from school in Chapter 7?
8. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
9. How does Rimland control Temple's behavior?
10. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)