|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
2. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
(a) Tear it up
(b) Eat it
(c) Throw it out of the window
(d) Put it on her mother's head
3. What do autistics overreact to?
(a) Loud noises
(b) Hearing their name
(c) Bright lights
4. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
(a) She is a unique case
(b) She is beautiful
(c) She has insights about autistic children
(d) She can attract media attention
5. What is the name of Temple's old school?
(a) Cottesloe Hill School
(b) Mountain Country School
(c) Grange Hill
(d) Wingrave Town School
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple's mother crash into?
2. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
3. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
4. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
5. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Appendix B.
2. What does Temple discover about touching in Chapter 12?
3. How does Temple feel when she finally walks through the sliding door?
4. How does Temple's machine help her?
5. What causes autism?
6. What does Temple find out about brain surgery research in Chapter 13?
7. How can fixations be used to help an autistic child?
8. Why does Temple think she excels at creative subjects?
9. What does Temple's mother say in her letter to her daughter?
10. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)