|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Normal stimuli
(b) Abnormal stimuli
(c) Too many people
2. What does Temple say she would not allow her mother to do when she was six-months-old?
(a) Cuddle her
(b) Rock her
(c) Pick her up
(d) Look at her
3. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
(b) Snicker bars
(c) M and M's
(d) Mars bars
4. What kind of words does Temple repeat at camp?
(a) Long words
(b) One syllable words
(c) Racist words
(d) Sexual words
5. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
(c) Brain surgery
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple begin to imagine in this chapter?
2. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
3. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
4. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
5. Who writes the preface?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Temple say in her talks with the psychiatrist?
2. What does Temple's mother say about Temple in her letter to a psychologist?
3. How does Temple define autism?
4. What does Carlock say Temple's success proves?
5. What does Carlock point out as Temple's good points?
6. In what way was Temple a difficult child?
7. How does Temple react when the glass from the car window falls on her?
8. How does autism affect Temple's speech?
9. In what way does Temple process information differently from other children?
10. How does Temple get into trouble at Summer camp?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)