|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
(a) The Big Wheel
(b) The Spin Reel
(c) Figure of Eight
(d) The Rotor
2. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(b) Physical contact
(c) Checking mail
3. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
(a) Mr. Carlock
(b) Mrs. Lotus
(c) Mr. Brooks
(d) Mrs. Johnson
4. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
5. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) The effects of laughing on humans
(b) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(c) The effects of touch on animals
(d) Brain disease
6. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
(a) High school
(b) Alternative school
(c) Boarding school
(d) Special school
7. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
(a) Discouraging her from making her machine
(b) Upset her
(c) Forcing her to go home
(d) Make her feel paranoid
8. What does Temple want from her mother?
(a) A hug
(b) A massage
(c) A kiss
(d) A handshake
9. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She has to think about family
(b) She has to eat meat
(c) She left her machine behind
(d) She forgot to buy presents
10. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(d) Nerve endings
11. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
(a) Montessori and Waldorf schools
(b) Roget and Johnson schools
(c) George Washington schools
(d) Oxford Learning schools
12. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Her mother
(b) Mr. Brooks
(c) Her psychiatrist
(d) Her father
13. What does Alfred demand in his letters?
(a) To runaway to the sea
(b) To move to England
(c) To go home
(d) A rotor
14. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
(a) Denny Gordon
(b) Lorna King
(c) Freda Franklin
(d) Petra Docker
15. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
2. What is Alfred's other name?
3. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
4. How should an autistic child be educated?
5. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)