|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Temple have to put the cattle?
(a) A garden
(b) A slaughterhouse
(c) A roof
(d) A chute
2. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Makes them feel loved
(b) Calms them down
(c) Opens them up to learning
(d) Gives them confidence
3. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
(a) Freda Franklin
(b) Lorna King
(c) Petra Docker
(d) Denny Gordon
4. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
(d) Designs and inventions
5. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
6. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
(c) Interpersonal skills
7. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
(a) The Rotor
(b) The Big Wheel
(c) The Spin Reel
(d) Figure of Eight
8. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Making jokes
(b) Shout at them
(c) Playing games
(d) Singing songs
9. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) Brain disease
(b) The effects of laughing on humans
(c) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(d) The effects of touch on animals
10. What is Beefland?
(a) A theme park
(b) A slaughterhouse
(c) A farm
(d) A restaurant
11. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
(a) Alternative school
(b) Special school
(c) Boarding school
(d) High school
12. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(c) Nerve endings
13. Where does the sliding door lead to?
(a) A hostel
(b) A supermarket
(c) A hotel
(d) An airport
14. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Journal it
(b) Scream them out
(c) Use them to create
(d) Swallow them down
15. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Her father
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Mr. Brooks
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
2. How should an autistic child be educated?
3. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
4. Which of the following does Temple say she needs?
5. Who asks Temple to stop going through her door?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)