|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
(a) Forcing her to go home
(b) Discouraging her from making her machine
(c) Upset her
(d) Make her feel paranoid
2. How should an autistic child not be educated?
3. How should an autistic child be educated?
4. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She steals food
(b) She teases her
(c) She cuts in line
(d) She laughs
5. Which of the following does Temple say she needs?
(c) A good diet
6. Who does Carlock say Temple needs to experiment with to see if the machine works?
7. What bodily system does spinning balance?
(a) Nervous system
(b) Urinal system
(c) Digestive system
(d) Vestibular system
8. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
(a) Freda Franklin
(b) Lorna King
(c) Petra Docker
(d) Denny Gordon
9. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
(a) Boarding school
(b) Alternative school
(c) High school
(d) Special school
10. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The CODY Machine
(b) The Rogets Machine
(c) The Comforter
(d) The Squeeze Machine
11. Who calls the observation deck a crow's nest?
12. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
(b) A farm
(c) A friends house
13. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(a) Nerve endings
14. What does the P in PACES stand for?
15. What does Temple begin to suffer at school?
(a) Nerve attacks
(b) Home sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
2. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
3. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
4. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
5. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)