|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple do after three weeks of seeing the door?
(a) Smashes it
(b) Walks through it
(c) Cleans it
(d) Spits on it
2. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
(b) Abstract thinking
(c) Nervous system
3. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
4. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Use them to create
(b) Journal it
(c) Scream them out
(d) Swallow them down
5. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
(a) She has to remember abstractions
(b) She gets bored
(c) She cannot add
(d) She has a bad teacher
6. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
(a) They enjoyed it
(b) It scared them
(c) They prefer the real thing
(d) It was a waste of time
7. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) Brain disease
(b) The effects of laughing on humans
(c) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(d) The effects of touch on animals
8. What is Beefland?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A slaughterhouse
(c) A theme park
(d) A farm
9. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
10. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Making jokes
(b) Shout at them
(c) Playing games
(d) Singing songs
11. How should an autistic child be educated?
12. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
(a) The World Farmer Association
(b) The American Meeting of Meat Research Workers
(c) The Unarmed Cowboy Group
(d) The European Meeting of Meat Research Workers
13. Who does Temple test the machine on?
(c) University professors
(d) College students
14. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
(a) John the Baptist
(c) The Virgin Mary
15. What does Temple want from her mother?
(a) A massage
(b) A hug
(c) A kiss
(d) A handshake
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
2. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
3. Where does Temple's door lead to?
4. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
5. Which test does Temple say she scores low marks on?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)