|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Temple say she needs?
(a) A good diet
2. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
3. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
(a) The back
(b) The left
(c) The right
(d) The front
4. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
(a) Stairway to Heaven
(b) Black Dog
(c) Farm Yard
(d) Road to Hell
5. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
(a) Special school
(b) Boarding school
(c) Alternative school
(d) High school
6. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
7. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(d) Save people
8. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her lover
(d) Her brother
9. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Calms them down
(b) Gives them confidence
(c) Opens them up to learning
(d) Makes them feel loved
10. Where does Temple's door lead to?
(a) A shop
(b) A roof
(c) A cupboard
(d) A bedroom
11. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
(a) A comforter
(b) Crazy wires
(c) A sexual bondage device
(d) Nutty loopy
12. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
13. What does Temple do after three weeks of seeing the door?
(a) Spits on it
(b) Walks through it
(c) Smashes it
(d) Cleans it
14. Which of the following tests does Temple do well at?
(a) The Oral Directions Sub test
(b) The Woodcock-Johnson Test
(c) The Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude
(d) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning test
15. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
(a) At night
(b) During lessons
(c) In the morning
(d) At lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
2. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
3. What does Temple fixate on during the interview?
4. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
5. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)