|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Swallow them down
(b) Scream them out
(c) Use them to create
(d) Journal it
2. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Her father
(d) Mr. Brooks
3. Which of the following tests does Temple do well at?
(a) The Woodcock-Johnson Test
(b) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning test
(c) The Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude
(d) The Oral Directions Sub test
4. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Comforter
(b) The Squeeze Machine
(c) The Rogets Machine
(d) The CODY Machine
5. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She forgot to buy presents
(b) She left her machine behind
(c) She has to eat meat
(d) She has to think about family
6. How does Temple remember abstractions?
(a) She numbers them
(b) She writes them down
(c) She invents visuals
(d) She records them on tape
7. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
(b) Horseback riding
8. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
(a) Montessori and Waldorf schools
(b) Oxford Learning schools
(c) George Washington schools
(d) Roget and Johnson schools
9. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Opens them up to learning
(b) Gives them confidence
(c) Calms them down
(d) Makes them feel loved
10. What kind of language does Temple say autistics use?
(a) Animal language
(b) The Queen's English
(c) Bad language
(d) Symbolic language
11. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
12. Who asks Temple to stop going through her door?
(a) A carpenter
(b) Her teacher
(c) Her mother
(d) Her psychiartrist
13. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
(a) The Big Wheel
(b) The Spin Reel
(c) The Rotor
(d) Figure of Eight
14. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
(a) They enjoyed it
(b) It was a waste of time
(c) It scared them
(d) They prefer the real thing
15. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
(a) The back
(b) The right
(c) The left
(d) The front
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Temple say she needs?
2. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
3. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
4. What does the P in PACES stand for?
5. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)