|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(a) Physical contact
(c) Checking mail
2. Who calls the observation deck a crow's nest?
3. What subject does Mr Brooks teach?
4. What school researches Temple's nerve attacks?
5. Where does the sliding door lead to?
(a) A hotel
(b) A supermarket
(c) A hostel
(d) An airport
6. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
7. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
8. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(c) Nerve endings
9. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
(a) She is color blind
(b) She cannot sequence pictures
(c) She sees the pictures differently to others
(d) She cannot concentrate on the pictures
10. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Essay writer
(b) Lock picker
(c) Drug dealer
(d) Machine maker
11. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
(a) They enjoyed it
(b) It scared them
(c) They prefer the real thing
(d) It was a waste of time
12. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
(d) Interpersonal skills
13. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Brooks
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
14. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
15. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
(a) The design of slaughter houses
(b) The autistic mind
(c) Squeeze machines
(d) The design of cattle chutes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
2. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
3. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
4. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
5. What bodily system does spinning balance?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)