|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(b) The effects of touch on animals
(c) Brain disease
(d) The effects of laughing on humans
2. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
(a) Road to Hell
(b) Black Dog
(c) Farm Yard
(d) Stairway to Heaven
3. What bodily system does spinning balance?
(a) Vestibular system
(b) Urinal system
(c) Digestive system
(d) Nervous system
4. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(b) Nerve endings
5. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(b) Save people
6. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
(a) Horseback riding
7. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
8. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(b) Checking mail
(c) Physical contact
9. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
(a) A farm
(d) A friends house
10. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
(a) Fun learners
(b) Abstract learners
(c) Visual learners
(d) Kinesthetic learners
11. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
(c) Designs and inventions
12. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
(a) A wooden door
(b) A rotating door
(c) A sliding door
(d) A steel door
13. What does Temple want from her mother?
(a) A massage
(b) A handshake
(c) A hug
(d) A kiss
14. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
(a) The right
(b) The front
(c) The back
(d) The left
15. What is Alfred's other name?
(a) The Rat
(b) The Cat
(c) The Shadow
(d) Prince of Darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
2. What does Temple begin to suffer at school?
3. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
4. Which of the following does Temple say she needs?
5. Where does the sliding door lead to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)