|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should an autistic child not be educated?
2. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The CODY Machine
(b) The Comforter
(c) The Squeeze Machine
(d) The Rogets Machine
3. What does Temple want from her mother?
(a) A handshake
(b) A kiss
(c) A massage
(d) A hug
4. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Journal it
(b) Use them to create
(c) Scream them out
(d) Swallow them down
5. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(a) Physical contact
(c) Checking mail
6. What does Miss Downey take away from Temple to help her to behave?
(a) Wood work classes
(b) Feeding the animals
(d) Horseback riding
7. What kind of people does Temple work with?
8. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
(d) Interpersonal skills
9. What kind of animal does Temple say likes her better after using the machine?
(a) A cat
(b) A rabbit
(c) A dog
(d) A cow
10. Who does Temple test the machine on?
(b) College students
(d) University professors
11. Who writes a letter to Temple in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Brooks
(b) Temple's father
(c) Temple's mother
(d) Her psychiatrist
12. What subject does Mr Brooks teach?
13. How should an autistic child be educated?
14. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
(a) Road to Hell
(b) Stairway to Heaven
(c) Farm Yard
(d) Black Dog
15. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
2. What does Temple research in this chapter?
3. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
4. What does Temple become famous as at college?
5. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)