|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the observation deck a crow's nest?
2. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She teases her
(b) She cuts in line
(c) She laughs
(d) She steals food
3. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
(a) During lessons
(b) At night
(c) At lunch
(d) In the morning
4. What does Temple research in this chapter?
(a) Nerve endings in an autistics brain
(b) The effects of touch on animals
(c) The effects of laughing on humans
(d) Brain disease
5. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
(c) Horseback riding
6. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
7. What is the name of the ride that gives Temple relief?
(a) The Spin Reel
(b) The Rotor
(c) Figure of Eight
(d) The Big Wheel
8. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Machine maker
(b) Lock picker
(c) Essay writer
(d) Drug dealer
9. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
(d) Pin worms
10. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
11. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
(a) A sexual bondage device
(b) Crazy wires
(c) Nutty loopy
(d) A comforter
12. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(a) Save people
13. Which test does Temple say she scores low marks on?
(a) The Woodcock Johnson test
(b) The Detroit Test of Learning Aptitude
(c) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning Test
(d) The Oral Directions Subyest
14. What subject does Mr Brooks teach?
15. What does a person release when he/she is touched?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
2. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
3. Who asks Temple to stop going through her door?
4. What is Beefland?
5. What does Temple build after graduation?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)