|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Temple test the machine on?
(b) University professors
(d) College students
2. What does the P in PACES stand for?
3. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
(a) The back
(b) The left
(c) The front
(d) The right
4. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She cuts in line
(b) She teases her
(c) She laughs
(d) She steals food
5. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) Lorna King
6. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
7. Who writes a letter to Temple in this chapter?
(a) Temple's mother
(b) Mr. Brooks
(c) Her psychiatrist
(d) Temple's father
8. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
(a) Occupational therapy
(b) Talking therapy
(c) Music therapy
(d) Deep pressure therapy
9. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
(a) Black Dog
(b) Road to Hell
(c) Stairway to Heaven
(d) Farm Yard
10. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
(c) John the Baptist
(d) The Virgin Mary
11. Where does Temple go for Christmas?
(b) A farm
(c) A friends house
12. What does Temple write her master's thesis on?
(a) The design of slaughter houses
(b) The design of cattle chutes
(c) Squeeze machines
(d) The autistic mind
13. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
(a) The World Farmer Association
(b) The European Meeting of Meat Research Workers
(c) The Unarmed Cowboy Group
(d) The American Meeting of Meat Research Workers
14. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Shout at them
(b) Playing games
(c) Making jokes
(d) Singing songs
15. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
(a) Fun learners
(b) Visual learners
(c) Kinesthetic learners
(d) Abstract learners
Short Answer Questions
1. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
2. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
3. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
4. How should an autistic child not be educated?
5. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)