|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the machine Temple builds in this chapter?
2. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Essay writer
(b) Lock picker
(c) Machine maker
(d) Drug dealer
3. What kind of school does Temple attend in this chapter?
(a) Boarding school
(b) High school
(c) Alternative school
(d) Special school
4. How does Temple remember abstractions?
(a) She writes them down
(b) She records them on tape
(c) She numbers them
(d) She invents visuals
5. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Squeeze Machine
(b) The CODY Machine
(c) The Rogets Machine
(d) The Comforter
6. Which test does Temple say she scores low marks on?
(a) The Detroit Test of Learning Aptitude
(b) The Oral Directions Subyest
(c) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning Test
(d) The Woodcock Johnson test
7. What kind of language does Temple say autistics use?
(a) Bad language
(b) Symbolic language
(c) The Queen's English
(d) Animal language
8. What does Temple fixate on during the interview?
(a) Her sock
(b) A photograph
(c) A painting
(d) Her jumper
9. What does Alfred demand in his letters?
(a) A rotor
(b) To go home
(c) To runaway to the sea
(d) To move to England
10. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
(c) The Virgin Mary
(d) John the Baptist
11. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She teases her
(b) She cuts in line
(c) She steals food
(d) She laughs
12. What does Temple begin to suffer at school?
(b) Home sickness
(d) Nerve attacks
13. What kind of door does Temple fixate on?
(a) A wooden door
(b) A steel door
(c) A rotating door
(d) A sliding door
14. How should an autistic child not be educated?
15. Who does Carlock say Temple needs to experiment with to see if the machine works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
2. What medication does Temple take to treat anxiety?
3. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
4. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
5. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)