|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Temple say that spinning develops in an autistic child?
(a) Nervous system
(c) Abstract thinking
2. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She left her machine behind
(b) She has to think about family
(c) She has to eat meat
(d) She forgot to buy presents
3. What kind of language does Temple say autistics use?
(a) Animal language
(b) The Queen's English
(c) Bad language
(d) Symbolic language
4. When does Temple say her nerve attacks stop?
(a) At night
(b) In the morning
(c) At lunch
(d) During lessons
5. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
(a) Pin worms
6. Where does Temple visit in this chapter?
(c) Disney World
7. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(a) Checking mail
(c) Physical contact
8. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
9. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Makes them feel loved
(b) Gives them confidence
(c) Calms them down
(d) Opens them up to learning
10. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
(a) Her lover
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother
11. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
(a) Nutty loopy
(b) A sexual bondage device
(c) Crazy wires
(d) A comforter
12. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
(a) Save people
13. What does Temple's mother tell her to do with her negative thoughts?
(a) Scream them out
(b) Journal it
(c) Use them to create
(d) Swallow them down
14. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
(a) Abstract learners
(b) Fun learners
(c) Kinesthetic learners
(d) Visual learners
15. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Rogets Machine
(b) The Comforter
(c) The CODY Machine
(d) The Squeeze Machine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Temple remember abstractions?
2. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
3. What is Alfred's other name?
4. What does Temple call the machine that calms animals down?
5. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)