|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people does Temple work with?
2. What did 60% of the students feel about the machine?
(a) They prefer the real thing
(b) It scared them
(c) They enjoyed it
(d) It was a waste of time
3. What is Beefland?
(a) A farm
(b) A restaurant
(c) A slaughterhouse
(d) A theme park
4. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
5. Who does Carlock say Temple needs to experiment with to see if the machine works?
6. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
(a) Designs and inventions
7. Where does the sliding door lead to?
(a) A hotel
(b) An airport
(c) A supermarket
(d) A hostel
8. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Essay writer
(b) Drug dealer
(c) Lock picker
(d) Machine maker
9. Which of the following is a school that encourages Kinesthetic learning?
(a) Oxford Learning schools
(b) Roget and Johnson schools
(c) George Washington schools
(d) Montessori and Waldorf schools
10. Which of the following tests does Temple do well at?
(a) The Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude
(b) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning test
(c) The Woodcock-Johnson Test
(d) The Oral Directions Sub test
11. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
(b) Interpersonal skills
12. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
(a) A sliding door
(b) A small wooden door
(c) A rotating door
(d) A heavy metal door
13. What does Temple call the experience of walking through the door?
14. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Lorna King
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) Her sister
15. What is the name of Temple's imaginary friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Temple to make her machine?
2. What does Temple research in this chapter?
3. What bodily system does spinning balance?
4. What part of the brain do visual learners use?
5. Who calls the observation deck a crow's nest?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)