|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should parents and teachers emphasize for an autistic child?
(d) Visual ideas
2. What does Temple design in this chapter?
(a) Her third squeeze machine
(b) A university course for autistics
(c) A house for autistics
(d) Systems to help take care of animals
3. What does the P in PACES stand for?
4. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Essay writer
(b) Drug dealer
(c) Machine maker
(d) Lock picker
5. Where does Temple's door lead to?
(a) A bedroom
(b) A shop
(c) A roof
(d) A cupboard
6. Which of the following does Temple say can help an autistic child learn better?
(a) Making jokes
(b) Shout at them
(c) Singing songs
(d) Playing games
7. What kind of people does Temple work with?
8. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
9. Which of the following tests does Temple do well at?
(a) The Woodcock-Johnson Test
(b) The Hiskey Nebraska Spatial Reasoning test
(c) The Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude
(d) The Oral Directions Sub test
10. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
(a) Visual learners
(b) Fun learners
(c) Abstract learners
(d) Kinesthetic learners
11. Which of the following can trigger a attack of the nerves?
(b) Physical contact
(d) Checking mail
12. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
(a) Discouraging her from making her machine
(b) Forcing her to go home
(c) Make her feel paranoid
(d) Upset her
13. What does Temple build after graduation?
(a) The Squeeze Machine
(b) The Comforter
(c) The CODY Machine
(d) The Rogets Machine
14. Who writes a letter to Temple in this chapter?
(a) Temple's mother
(b) Temple's father
(c) Mr. Brooks
(d) Her psychiatrist
15. Who does Carlock say Temple needs to experiment with to see if the machine works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the door that Temple finds in this chapter?
2. What does Temple's mother say machines cannot do?
3. What do Temple's medications help her concentrate on?
4. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
5. What kind of animal does Temple look after in this chapter?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)