|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple design in this chapter?
(a) Her third squeeze machine
(b) Systems to help take care of animals
(c) A university course for autistics
(d) A house for autistics
2. What door does Temple walk in and out of ten times?
(a) The wooden door
(b) The trap door
(c) The sliding door
(d) The rotating door
3. Why does Temple find statistics difficult?
(a) She gets bored
(b) She has to remember abstractions
(c) She has a bad teacher
(d) She cannot add
4. What does Temple want from her mother?
(a) A massage
(b) A handshake
(c) A kiss
(d) A hug
5. Who does Temple present her thesis to?
(a) The Unarmed Cowboy Group
(b) The World Farmer Association
(c) The European Meeting of Meat Research Workers
(d) The American Meeting of Meat Research Workers
6. How does Temple remember abstractions?
(a) She invents visuals
(b) She records them on tape
(c) She writes them down
(d) She numbers them
7. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
(b) The Virgin Mary
(d) John the Baptist
8. Why does Temple do poorly on the Visual Attention Span test?
(a) She sees the pictures differently to others
(b) She is color blind
(c) She cannot concentrate on the pictures
(d) She cannot sequence pictures
9. Who writes a letter to Temple in this chapter?
(a) Temple's mother
(b) Temple's father
(c) Mr. Brooks
(d) Her psychiatrist
10. What kind of animal does Temple say likes her better after using the machine?
(a) A dog
(b) A cow
(c) A rabbit
(d) A cat
11. How should an autistic child be educated?
12. Where does the sliding door lead to?
(a) A supermarket
(b) An airport
(c) A hostel
(d) A hotel
13. What kind of therapy can help an autistic child receive touch more readily?
(a) Talking therapy
(b) Music therapy
(c) Deep pressure therapy
(d) Occupational therapy
14. What does emphasizing positives do for an autistic child?
(a) Calms them down
(b) Gives them confidence
(c) Opens them up to learning
(d) Makes them feel loved
15. What should people be cautious about introducing autistic children to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beefland?
2. Which of the following activities are not available at boarding school?
3. How should an autistic child not be educated?
4. What does Temple think her mother's letter is trying to do?
5. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)