|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple say autistic children have too much of?
(a) Nerve endings
2. What does Temple become famous as at college?
(a) Lock picker
(b) Drug dealer
(c) Essay writer
(d) Machine maker
3. Why does Temple have a nerve attack when she goes home?
(a) She has to think about family
(b) She has to eat meat
(c) She forgot to buy presents
(d) She left her machine behind
4. Which of the following is a function of the right side of the brain?
(d) Interpersonal skills
5. Who does Temple test the machine on?
(a) University professors
(c) College students
6. How should an autistic child be educated?
7. What are Temple' s itches caused by?
(c) Pin worms
8. Who is Temple's mother visiting in Arizona?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her mother
(c) Her lover
(d) Her aunt
9. How should an autistic child not be educated?
10. Why does Temple hit a kid in this chapter?
(a) She cuts in line
(b) She steals food
(c) She teases her
(d) She laughs
11. What kind of animal does Temple say likes her better after using the machine?
(a) A dog
(b) A rabbit
(c) A cat
(d) A cow
12. Who sends Temple a letter in this chapter?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Her father
(d) Mr. Brooks
13. What Biblical figure does the minister figure says symbolizes a door?
(b) The Virgin Mary
(d) John the Baptist
14. What does Temple say parents and teachers should help a autistic child develop?
(c) Abstract thinking
(d) Personal skills
15. What do psychiatrists refer to the machine as?
(a) A comforter
(b) Crazy wires
(c) A sexual bondage device
(d) Nutty loopy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following classes does Temple find difficult?
2. What is the name of Temple's occupational therapist friend?
3. What kind of learners are people incarcerated in the penal system?
4. What does Temple realize interpersonal relationships are as easy as?
5. What does Temple do after three weeks of seeing the door?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)