Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Leroy that Elijah is not as smart as Emma Collins?
2. Why does Elijah think that they should not have church on Sundays?
3. Why does Elijah want to attend the meeting in chapter 18?
4. Who does Mr. Freeman suggest go with the preacher to make a deal with John Jarvey?
5. What causes Elijah to have to return to Mr. Segee's in chapter 13 to trade Flapjack for a horse?
Discuss Elijah's parents. How long have they lived in Buxton? How old was Elijah's mother when she arrived in Buxton? Why did she go to Buxton? Why has she not seen her mother in a long time? Why do people come to Elijah's father to seek advice? What does this say about Elijah's parents? What kind of parents are these people? Have they raised Elijah well? How does the reader know this?
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes to support your conclusions:
1) Elijah and the preacher
2) Elijah and Mr. Leroy
3) Elijah and his parents.
Who is Elijah? What is the special distinction about his birth? Where does Elijah live? Why is he afraid of being thought of as fragile? Why does Elijah often cry in difficult situations? How does this make Elijah feel about himself? What did Elijah do as an infant that makes him feel as though he will always have it hanging over his head? Why is Elijah afraid of snakes? What does Elijah's mother do to help him get over this fear? How does Elijah feel about this?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)