|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ferry let Mr. Leroy and Elijah off at in chapter 20?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(c) Battle Creek.
2. What does the preacher say his friend John Jarvey will do to help Mr. Leroy in chapter 16?
(a) Bring Mr. Leroy safely to his family.
(b) Buy Mr. Leroy's family and bring them to Michigan.
(c) Ask his abolitionist friends to help Mr. Leroy's family escape.
(d) Provide a safe hiding place for Mr. Leroy's runaway family.
3. Why does Elijah like to sit in the middle of the buckboard?
(a) To be far from the plow horse.
(b) To be with his friends.
(c) To hear good gossip.
(d) To avoid falling off.
4. Where does Elijah meet Mr. Leroy and Mr. Polite in the beginning of chapter 15?
(a) The sawmill.
(b) The church.
(c) The garden.
(d) Mrs. Holton's.
5. What does Elijah's father tell him he must learn to start doing in chapter 18?
(a) Stop trusting people.
(b) Stand up and face his punishment.
(c) Stand up and face a situation.
(d) Stop assuming the worst of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a notice in the post office window in Chatham tell Elijah to do?
2. Who sees the people hiding in the woods first in chapter 11?
3. What is Mr. Leroy wearing in chapter 19?
4. How many slaves does Elijah discover chained in the stable with the preacher?
5. In what shape is the scar on Mrs. Taylor's back that the Miss Duncans say proves she is their sister, Alice?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)