|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Elijah and his father doing in the beginning of chapter 11?
(a) Building a new shed.
(b) Uprooting stumps.
(c) Mowing the grass.
(d) Cutting logs.
2. When does Mr. Leroy promise Elijah he will be back home?
(a) A week.
(b) The next day.
(d) A month.
3. What attacks Elijah as he approaches the stable where the preacher is supposed to be gambling in chapter 21?
(a) A boar.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A mountain lion.
4. What does the writing on the letter to Mrs. Holton tell Elijah the letter contains?
(a) News of a loved one's death.
(b) Word of an approaching slave chaser.
(c) News of friends left behind.
(d) A threat to return to slavery.
5. What causes Elijah to have to return to Mr. Segee's in chapter 13 to trade Flapjack for a horse?
(a) Flapjack is moving too slow.
(b) Mr. Polite.
(c) Flapjack injured his leg.
(d) Mr. Leroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Leroy call the preacher that Elijah continues to think of him as in chapter 21?
2. Who tells Elijah of Mr. Highgate's injuries in chapter 17?
3. How many slaves does Elijah discover chained in the stable with the preacher?
4. Who gave the Liberty Bell to Buxton as inscribed on the bell?
5. Who injured Mr. Highgate?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)