|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah use to blow his nose in chapter 11 instead of blowing it onto the ground?
(a) His hanky.
(b) His shirtsleeve.
(c) His shirttail.
(d) A leaf.
2. Where does the ferry let Mr. Leroy and Elijah off at in chapter 20?
(c) Battle Creek.
(d) Ann Arbor.
3. What does the refugee girl seem to think Emma is in chapter 11?
(a) A conjurer.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) A haint.
(d) A monster.
4. What does a notice in the post office window in Chatham tell Elijah to do?
(a) Go to the post master's house.
(b) Go home, the post office is closed.
(c) Go to the dry goods store.
(d) Go to the police station.
5. Where do Elijah and Cooter run to in the beginning of chapter 12?
(a) The dry goods store.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The mayor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elijah believe Mr. Leroy wants to harm at the end of chapter 17?
2. How long does it take Elijah to rewrite the statement for Mrs. Holton in chapter 15?
3. What does Mr. Leroy say he wants to do with the money Mrs. Holton gave him?
4. Who injured Mr. Highgate?
5. Why does Elijah go into Chatham in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom does Mrs. Holton receive a letter? What does this letter say?
2. What do Elijah and Mr. Leroy learn when they arrive in village in Michigan where Mr. Highgate was shot?
3. Who grabs Elijah as he is making his way to the meeting in chapter 18? For what reason?
4. What does Emma give to the Taylor's older daughter? For what reason?
5. What is the subject of the meeting that takes place in chapter 18?
6. What is significant about Emma Collins?
7. Whom do the Duncan sisters believe Mrs. Taylor is? For what reason?
8. What does Elijah tell Mr. Leroy about the preacher in chapter 16 that later leaves him feeling guilty and afraid for his life in chapter 17?
9. For what reason does Mr. Leroy want to go to Michigan? Why does he want to take Elijah?
10. Who reads the letter to Mrs. Holton in chapter 13? For what reason?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)