Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Leroy that Elijah is not as smart as Emma Collins?
(a) Mr. Segee.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Mr. Polite.
(d) Mrs. Holton.
2. Why does Elijah think that they should not have church on Sundays?
(a) He and his family should be allowed to sleep in.
(b) It bores him.
(c) It is supposed to be a day of rest.
(d) They praise God everyday, not just Sunday.
3. Why does Elijah want to attend the meeting in chapter 18?
(a) He wants to hear the gossip.
(b) They might need someone to read something for them.
(c) He wants to be a part of something grown up.
(d) They might need his help.
4. Who does Mr. Freeman suggest go with the preacher to make a deal with John Jarvey?
(a) Mr. Polite.
(b) Mr. Leroy.
(c) Mr. Travis.
(d) Mr. Highgate.
5. What causes Elijah to have to return to Mr. Segee's in chapter 13 to trade Flapjack for a horse?
(a) Flapjack injured his leg.
(b) Mr. Leroy.
(c) Mr. Polite.
(d) Flapjack is moving too slow.
6. Who sees the people hiding in the woods first in chapter 11?
(a) Elijah's dad.
7. What does Mr. Leroy do in the beginning of chapter 16 that he feels he must apologize for?
(c) Hit Elijah.
8. What does a notice in the post office window in Chatham tell Elijah to do?
(a) Go to the police station.
(b) Go to the dry goods store.
(c) Go home, the post office is closed.
(d) Go to the post master's house.
9. Where does the ferry let Mr. Leroy and Elijah off at in chapter 20?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(d) Battle Creek.
10. How many times does Elijah realize they must ring the Liberty Bell with the arrival of a new family in chapter 12?
(b) One hundred.
11. How long after Elijah was Emma born?
(a) Six days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
12. To whom does Elijah write a letter before leaving with Mr. Leroy in chapter 19?
(a) His parents.
(b) Mrs. Bixby.
13. What does Elijah learn has happened to the postman in Chatham in chapter 13?
(a) He fell and broke his leg.
(b) He was hit in the head by his horse.
(c) He was hit in the head by a thief.
(d) He broke his arm.
14. Who is Benji Alston?
(a) A slaver.
(b) A man who gambled with the preacher.
(c) A man who helped Mr. Highgate after he was shot.
(d) A doctor.
15. How do the villagers think the preacher won so much money from them as they explain it in chapter 20?
(a) He cheated.
(b) He could read their bluffs well.
(c) He had good luck.
(d) He was using some kind of system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the refugee reveal he has been holding behind his back as Emma coaxed him out of the woods in chapter 11?
2. Who gave the Liberty Bell to Buxton as inscribed on the bell?
3. How many slaves does Elijah discover chained in the stable with the preacher?
4. How many times do the people of Buxton ring the Liberty Bell when a new refugee arrives?
5. Why does Elijah like to sit in the middle of the buckboard?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)