|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe does the preacher suggest Elijah was once a member of in chapter 10?
2. What name does the preacher give to Elijah in chapter 10?
3. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
(a) He does not want to seem too perfect in case the preacher accused him of conjuring.
(b) He does not want the preacher to tell his mother he can throw rocks so accurately.
(c) He does not want the preacher to know how good he is.
(d) He does not want the preacher to tell everyone in town how good he is.
4. What is tithing?
(a) A type of prayer.
(b) A financial donation to the church.
(c) A tip for the local preacher.
(d) A type of hymnal.
5. For whom did Mr. Leroy build a house all by himself?
(a) Miss Duncan.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Mrs. Holton.
(d) Mrs. Johnson.
6. What happened to Mr. Leroy's daughter?
(a) She was married to an Indian.
(b) She was sold.
(c) She died in infancy.
(d) She was beaten to death.
7. What are Cooter and Elijah looking at in chapter 1 when the preacher comes upon them?
(a) Snake tracks.
(b) Bear tracks.
(c) Dog tracks.
(d) Bird tracks.
8. How long ago does Charles Mondial Vaughn say he was knighted in chapter 10?
(a) Ten years ago.
(b) Fourteen years ago.
(c) Eight years ago.
(d) Four years ago.
9. Where does Flapjack spend all his time while Elijah fishes in chapter 3?
(a) The water.
(b) The stable.
(c) Lying on the beach.
(d) The blackberry bushes.
10. How does Elijah know in chapter 6 that Mr. Travis feels strongly about the subject for the day?
(a) He moved around the room excitedly as he spoke.
(b) He told them about it half a dozen times before that day.
(c) He underlined it three times.
(d) He allowed the students to come into the classroom early to prepare.
11. What does Elijah think in chapter 6 will happen to Mr. Travis after he teaches the students about a family breeding contest?
(a) He will be tar and feathered.
(b) He will be arrested for indecency.
(c) He will be fired and sent home.
(d) He will be sent back to America.
12. What does Cooter express as odd as he and Elijah wait outside the school on Monday morning in chapter 10?
(a) There are too many grownups.
(b) There are strange kids hanging around.
(c) There is no one else there.
(d) The grownups seem excited about something.
13. Who told Elijah that swearing was a mistake you can't take back?
(a) Mr. Douglass.
(b) Mr. Travis.
(c) Mr. Brown.
(d) Mr. Leroy.
14. What does Elijah see wandering out of the woods in chapter 4 two days after the scare of the approaching slave catchers?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A grey mule.
(d) A bloody man.
15. Who does the preacher say he is looking for in chapter 10 when he approaches the tents?
(c) The owner.
(d) Madame Sabbar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first showed Elijah the lake where he fishes and swims?
2. Who does Elijah's mother tell him dies a thousand deaths in chapter 1?
3. What does the preacher accuse Elijah of doing to catch fish in chapter 3?
4. Who does Cooter point out in chapter 6 have not been checking up on Mr. Travis?
5. Who is Mr. Segee?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)