Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 and 2
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. On what day does chapter 1 take place?
3. What are Cooter and Elijah looking at in chapter 1 when the preacher comes upon them?
4. What type of animal does the preacher claim Elijah and Cooter are tracking in chapter 1?
A hoop snake.
5. What part of their own bodies does the preacher claim the animal Cooter and Elijah are tracking in chapter 1 often bite?
6. What does the preacher always tote as mentioned by Elijah in chapter 1?
A mystery pistol and holder.
7. Who does Elijah drag into the house upon arriving in chapter 1 in order to protect them from the strange animal he and Cooter were tracking?
8. Who does Elijah's mother tell him dies a thousand...
This section contains 3,163 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)