|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the refugee girl seem to think Emma is in chapter 11?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) A conjurer.
(c) A haint.
(d) A monster.
2. What weapon does Madame Sabbar use in her act in chapter 8?
3. How many passes in chapter 17 before the people of Buxton learn of Mr. Highgate's injuries?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
4. What does Elijah tell the reader in chapter 5 his mother does not cook well?
(a) Cakes, pies, and cookies.
(b) Fish and vegetables.
(d) Beef and potatoes.
5. What story is Elijah telling Mr. Leroy in chapter 7?
(a) One about Old Flapjack.
(b) The one of Cooter and Mr. Travis.
(c) One of Mrs. Holton's savings to buy her husband.
(d) One about his mother's fear of toads.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Mr. Leroy build a house all by himself?
2. What is Mr. Leroy's scar on his chest in the shape of?
3. What does the refugee woman have tied to her back that Elijah recognizes when she steps out of the woods in chapter 11?
4. In which direction does the preacher insist on going to look for the slave catchers in chapter 4?
5. What does the mesmerist do after Samuel leaves the stage in chapter 9 that Elijah finds less impressive?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)