|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
(a) He does not want to seem too perfect in case the preacher accused him of conjuring.
(b) He does not want the preacher to know how good he is.
(c) He does not want the preacher to tell everyone in town how good he is.
(d) He does not want the preacher to tell his mother he can throw rocks so accurately.
2. How many children does Mrs. Holton have?
3. What reason does Elijah give to Mr. Leroy why he has to return by Saturday?
(a) He needs to help his mother with the preserves.
(b) He needs to go to a party.
(c) He needs to help his father clear some stumps around Mrs. Holton's.
(d) He needs to study for a Latin test.
4. For what reason is Cooter being punished again in chapter 18?
(a) He stole some cookies.
(b) He talked back to his mother.
(c) He did not eat his dinner.
(d) He has been acting up in school.
5. What part of their own bodies does the preacher claim the animal Cooter and Elijah are tracking in chapter 1 often bite?
(a) Their tongues.
(b) Their paws.
(c) Their bellies.
(d) Their tails.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elijah know in chapter 6 that Mr. Travis feels strongly about the subject for the day?
2. What does the preacher say his friend John Jarvey will do to help Mr. Leroy in chapter 16?
3. Who told Elijah that swearing was a mistake you can't take back?
4. Which type of animal does Elijah claim he prefers to ride in chapter 3?
5. To whom does Elijah write a letter before leaving with Mr. Leroy in chapter 19?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)