|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
(a) He does not want the preacher to know how good he is.
(b) He does not want the preacher to tell everyone in town how good he is.
(c) He does not want to seem too perfect in case the preacher accused him of conjuring.
(d) He does not want the preacher to tell his mother he can throw rocks so accurately.
2. In what two parts does Elijah separate his chores?
(a) Enjoying and hating parts.
(b) Enjoying and unfortunate parts.
(c) Working and enjoying parts.
(d) Working and playing parts.
3. What kind of insect does the preacher claim in chapter 10 destroyed Abho's tribe?
(a) Bama bee.
4. Who does Emma disrespectfully speak to before speaking to Elijah, as noted in chapter 10?
(a) A mule.
(b) The wall.
(c) The grownups.
5. In which direction does the preacher insist on going to look for the slave catchers in chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elijah try to avoid leaving the church in his parents' company in chapter 14?
2. How many times do the people of Buxton ring the Liberty Bell when a new refugee arrives?
3. What does the refugee reveal he has been holding behind his back as Emma coaxed him out of the woods in chapter 11?
4. What does the refugee woman have tied to her back that Elijah recognizes when she steps out of the woods in chapter 11?
5. What did Elijah once overhear his father call the preacher?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)