|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Elijah's mother use for exaggeration in story telling in chapter 2?
(b) Beefing up.
(c) Prettying up.
2. What type of animal does the preacher claim Elijah and Cooter are tracking in chapter 1?
(a) A hoop snake.
(b) A snipe bird.
(c) A wild injun dog.
(d) A rabid bear.
3. Who does Emma disrespectfully speak to before speaking to Elijah, as noted in chapter 10?
(b) The grownups.
(c) A mule.
(d) The wall.
4. How does Elijah know in chapter 6 that Mr. Travis feels strongly about the subject for the day?
(a) He moved around the room excitedly as he spoke.
(b) He told them about it half a dozen times before that day.
(c) He allowed the students to come into the classroom early to prepare.
(d) He underlined it three times.
5. What does a notice in the post office window in Chatham tell Elijah to do?
(a) Go to the police station.
(b) Go home, the post office is closed.
(c) Go to the dry goods store.
(d) Go to the post master's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mrs. Holton give to Elijah for his help with work on her property?
2. Why does Elijah try to avoid leaving the church in his parents' company in chapter 14?
3. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
4. What are Elijah and his father doing in the beginning of chapter 11?
5. How did Mr. Travis behave, in Cooter's opinion, when they met the Saturday before the opening of chapter 6?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)