|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Elijah and Cooter in chapter 1 after they put a frog in the knitting of Elijah's mother?
(a) Mr. Leroy.
(b) Elijah's father.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) The preacher.
2. Who does Mr. Leroy tell Elijah in chapter 7 cut off his little finger of his left hand?
(a) A slave.
(b) An overseer.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A white slave owner.
3. Where does Flapjack spend all his time while Elijah fishes in chapter 3?
(a) Lying on the beach.
(b) The blackberry bushes.
(c) The water.
(d) The stable.
4. Why does Elijah dislike the fact that Mr. Travis teaches both school and Sunday school?
(a) He cannot fool him into thinking he is sensical.
(b) He dislikes studying the Bible.
(c) He cannot play pranks on Mr. Travis.
(d) He dislikes studying math in Latin.
5. What are Mr. Brown and Mr. Leroy holding as Elijah comes out of the school in chapter 4 that scares Elijah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah see wandering out of the woods in chapter 4 two days after the scare of the approaching slave catchers?
2. What has Elijah's father told him that former slaves carry that other, freeborn people do not?
3. What does Elijah think scares away the small fish and attracts the big fish?
4. What excuse does Elijah make at the beginning of chapter 7 for his treatment of Mr. Leroy?
5. On what day does chapter 1 take place?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)