|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Elijah's father.
(c) Mrs. Holton.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
2. Where does Flapjack spend all his time while Elijah fishes in chapter 3?
(a) Lying on the beach.
(b) The stable.
(c) The blackberry bushes.
(d) The water.
3. Why does Elijah set aside two of his newly caught fist for Mrs. Brown in chapter 3?
(a) To trade for a fresh pie.
(b) To trade for a new book.
(c) To trade for a fresh bushel of berries.
(d) To trade for a new magazine.
4. Who is Elijah surprised to find the other students surrounding in chapter 10?
(a) The conjure man.
(d) The mesmerist.
5. What does Elijah mean when he says fragile in chapter 2?
(a) Easily broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things does Madame Sabbar shoot at in chapter 8?
2. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
3. How does Elijah know in chapter 6 that Mr. Travis feels strongly about the subject for the day?
4. What type of material does the mesmerist convince Samuel his clothing is made out of while he is hypnotized in chapter 9?
5. For whom did Mr. Leroy build a house all by himself?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)