|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elijah's symbolic last name?
2. What is the full title of the carnival that is coming to Chatham?
(a) Carnival of Games.
(b) Carnival of Fascination.
(c) Carnival of Exotics.
(d) Carnival of Oddities.
3. What is tithing?
(a) A type of hymnal.
(b) A tip for the local preacher.
(c) A type of prayer.
(d) A financial donation to the church.
4. What happened to Mr. Leroy's daughter?
(a) She was married to an Indian.
(b) She was beaten to death.
(c) She was sold.
(d) She died in infancy.
5. Who does Cooter point out in chapter 6 have not been checking up on Mr. Travis?
(a) The school board.
(b) The local bishop.
(c) The grownups.
(d) The local mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Elijah make at the beginning of chapter 7 for his treatment of Mr. Leroy?
2. Why does Elijah say he thinks Mr. Leroy must be a good listener in chapter 7?
3. What is Mr. Leroy's scar on his chest in the shape of?
4. What are Mr. Brown and Mr. Leroy holding as Elijah comes out of the school in chapter 4 that scares Elijah?
5. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)