|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cooter point out in chapter 6 have not been checking up on Mr. Travis?
(a) The local bishop.
(b) The school board.
(c) The local mayor.
(d) The grownups.
2. Why does Philip Wise tell the children that Frederick Douglass refuses to come back to Buxton in chapter 4?
(a) He does not want to be thrown up on again.
(b) He does not want to see Elijah again.
(c) He does not like eating the food served in Buxton.
(d) He does not approve of the way the people of Buxton share their school with whites.
3. What is Mr. Leroy's scar on his chest in the shape of?
(a) A cross.
(b) A letter S.
(c) A letter T.
(d) A ranch's brand.
4. In what two parts does Elijah separate his chores?
(a) Enjoying and hating parts.
(b) Working and playing parts.
(c) Working and enjoying parts.
(d) Enjoying and unfortunate parts.
5. Why does Elijah say he thinks Mr. Leroy must be a good listener in chapter 7?
(a) He has lots of friends.
(b) He does not talk much.
(c) He is kind and gentle.
(d) He does not express many opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Leroy say his son's name is in chapter 7?
2. What things does Madame Sabbar shoot at in chapter 8?
3. Why does Elijah's mother warn him not to stay out too late in chapter 5?
4. What does Elijah's family use their parlor for, as explained in chapter 5?
5. What kind of horseflies does the preacher tell everyone lives in Buxton?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)