|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the preacher accuse Elijah of doing to catch fish in chapter 3?
2. Where did the preacher tell people he got the fancy pistol he carries on his hip, as Elijah explains it in chapter 4?
(a) He inherited from a dead brother.
(b) He took it as a tithe payment from a devoted Christian.
(c) He bought it in Detroit.
(d) He found it in the woods.
3. In what country does Elijah live with his family?
4. Who is Mr. Segee?
(a) The stable owner.
(b) Elijah's teacher.
(c) The dry goods store owner.
(d) Eliajah's father.
5. What kind of horseflies does the preacher tell everyone lives in Buxton?
(a) The noisiest ones.
(b) The biggest and most onery ones.
(c) The least annoying ones.
(d) The best eating ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Leroy never eat until late in the day according to Elijah in chapter 5?
2. What are Cooter and Elijah looking at in chapter 1 when the preacher comes upon them?
3. What does Elijah's family use their parlor for, as explained in chapter 5?
4. Who lives next door to Mrs. Holton in Buxton?
5. What kind of cookies does Elijah's mother tell him Mrs. Brown baked for him in chapter 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)