|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the preacher always tote as mentioned by Elijah in chapter 1?
(a) A mystery pistol and holder.
(b) A fancy hat.
(c) A fancy wallet.
(d) A mystery lasso and shotgun.
2. What is unusual, in Elijah's mind, about the way Mr. Leroy eats fish?
(a) He only eats the soft eyes.
(b) He only eats the head.
(c) He only eats the hard fins.
(d) He eats everything, even the bones.
3. Who does Elijah drag into the house upon arriving in chapter 1 in order to protect them from the strange animal he and Cooter were tracking?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Mrs. Holton.
4. What kind of cookies does Elijah's mother tell him Mrs. Brown baked for him in chapter 1?
(a) Brownie cookies.
(b) Gingerbread cookies.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Walnut and sugar cookies.
5. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mrs. Holton.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) Elijah's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson was the class in the middle of in chapter 4 when the children were escorted home in small groups?
2. For whom did Mr. Leroy build a house all by himself?
3. Who lives next door to Mrs. Holton in Buxton?
4. On what day does chapter 3 take place?
5. What does Elijah's mother tell him at the end of chapter 2 that leaves him confused?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)