|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bears did Elijah picture in the woods around Buxton due to his father's strict warnings about the area?
(a) So few a small group of men could kill them all.
(b) Not enough to piece together a single fur coat.
(c) So many he would trip over them as he walked through the trees.
(d) So many they blocked the light from passing through the trees.
2. Who does Elijah's mother tell him dies a thousand deaths in chapter 1?
3. What excuse does Elijah's mother make for the bad jokes Mr. Segee makes?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He is from Mississippi.
(c) He was dropped on his head as a child.
(d) He is old.
4. What is Elijah's symbolic last name?
5. What is the creed of Buxton settlement?
(a) One free releases them all.
(b) It only takes one.
(c) One helping to uplift all.
(d) One working for others to be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Elijah that swearing was a mistake you can't take back?
2. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
3. What kind of cookies does Elijah's mother tell him Mrs. Brown baked for him in chapter 1?
4. What does Elijah see wandering out of the woods in chapter 4 two days after the scare of the approaching slave catchers?
5. Where do many of the people of Buxton take their meals, as explained in chapter 5?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)