|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah see wandering out of the woods in chapter 4 two days after the scare of the approaching slave catchers?
(a) A bloody man.
(b) A grey mule.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A white horse.
2. Where did the preacher tell people he got the fancy pistol he carries on his hip, as Elijah explains it in chapter 4?
(a) He found it in the woods.
(b) He bought it in Detroit.
(c) He took it as a tithe payment from a devoted Christian.
(d) He inherited from a dead brother.
3. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mrs. Holton.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Elijah's father.
4. What are Cooter and Elijah looking at in chapter 1 when the preacher comes upon them?
(a) Snake tracks.
(b) Bear tracks.
(c) Dog tracks.
(d) Bird tracks.
5. How many bears did Elijah picture in the woods around Buxton due to his father's strict warnings about the area?
(a) So many he would trip over them as he walked through the trees.
(b) Not enough to piece together a single fur coat.
(c) So many they blocked the light from passing through the trees.
(d) So few a small group of men could kill them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creed of Buxton settlement?
2. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
3. What part of their own bodies does the preacher claim the animal Cooter and Elijah are tracking in chapter 1 often bite?
4. What did Elijah once overhear his father call the preacher?
5. For whom did Mr. Leroy build a house all by himself?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)