|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food did Frederick Douglass compare Elijah's birth to in chapter 2?
(a) Pound cake.
(c) Cherry pie.
2. What does Elijah think scares away the small fish and attracts the big fish?
(a) The way the horseflies fly above the water.
(b) The way the horseflies move on the water's surface.
(c) The way the horseflies drown in the water.
(d) The way the horseflies dive bomb the water.
3. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
(c) Stamp his feet.
(d) Wave his arms around.
4. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
(a) He does not want the preacher to tell everyone in town how good he is.
(b) He does not want the preacher to tell his mother he can throw rocks so accurately.
(c) He does not want to seem too perfect in case the preacher accused him of conjuring.
(d) He does not want the preacher to know how good he is.
5. What type of fruit does Elijah's mother ask him to pick in chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah mean when he says fragile in chapter 2?
2. On what day does chapter 1 take place?
3. What part of their own bodies does the preacher claim the animal Cooter and Elijah are tracking in chapter 1 often bite?
4. What does Elijah's mother tell him at the end of chapter 2 that leaves him confused?
5. What type of animal does the preacher claim Elijah and Cooter are tracking in chapter 1?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)