|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elijah drag into the house upon arriving in chapter 1 in order to protect them from the strange animal he and Cooter were tracking?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Holton.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. Who first showed Elijah the lake where he fishes and swims?
(a) Mr. Segee.
(b) Old Flapjack.
(c) Mr. Leroy.
(d) The preacher.
3. Who does Elijah's mother tell him dies a thousand deaths in chapter 1?
4. What type of fruit does Elijah's mother ask him to pick in chapter 2?
5. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
(a) Stamp his feet.
(d) Wave his arms around.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does chapter 1 take place?
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
3. What does Elijah's mother tell him at the end of chapter 2 that leaves him confused?
4. What does Elijah mean when he says fragile in chapter 2?
5. What excuse does Elijah's mother make for the bad jokes Mr. Segee makes?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)