|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who normally preaches in Buxton on Sunday mornings?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Elijah's father.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Reverend King.
2. Who offers to take several of Elijah's fish to relieve him of his burden in chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mr. Waller.
(c) Miss Duncan.
(d) Mr. Leroy.
3. What kind of horseflies does the preacher tell everyone lives in Buxton?
(a) The best eating ones.
(b) The biggest and most onery ones.
(c) The noisiest ones.
(d) The least annoying ones.
4. What does Cooter express as odd as he and Elijah wait outside the school on Monday morning in chapter 10?
(a) The grownups seem excited about something.
(b) There is no one else there.
(c) There are too many grownups.
(d) There are strange kids hanging around.
5. What name does the preacher give to Elijah in chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Leroy's scar on his chest in the shape of?
2. What languages does Elijah claim to be able to speak in chapter 10?
3. Who does Elijah believe Mr. Leroy wants to harm at the end of chapter 17?
4. Why does Elijah consider in chapter 3 missing some of the targets the preacher wants him to hit?
5. What excuse does Elijah's mother make for the bad jokes Mr. Segee makes?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)