|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the preacher tell people he got the fancy pistol he carries on his hip, as Elijah explains it in chapter 4?
(a) He inherited from a dead brother.
(b) He bought it in Detroit.
(c) He found it in the woods.
(d) He took it as a tithe payment from a devoted Christian.
2. How many times do the people of Buxton ring the Liberty Bell when a new refugee arrives?
3. What is the full title of the carnival that is coming to Chatham?
(a) Carnival of Exotics.
(b) Carnival of Games.
(c) Carnival of Oddities.
(d) Carnival of Fascination.
4. What kind of horseflies does the preacher tell everyone lives in Buxton?
(a) The biggest and most onery ones.
(b) The best eating ones.
(c) The least annoying ones.
(d) The noisiest ones.
5. What term does Elijah's mother use for exaggeration in story telling in chapter 2?
(a) Prettying up.
(b) Beefing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mrs. Holton give to Elijah for his help with work on her property?
2. Who tells Elijah of Mr. Highgate's injuries in chapter 17?
3. What is Mr. Leroy wearing in chapter 19?
4. What is Elijah helping Mr. Leroy to make for Mrs. Holton in chapter 15?
5. What does the writing on the letter to Mrs. Holton tell Elijah the letter contains?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)