|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elijah say shares the classroom with the black children of Buxton in chapter 4?
(a) White and Chinese children.
(b) French and Indian children.
(c) Indian and white children.
(d) French and white children.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Limited omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
3. What story is Elijah telling Mr. Leroy in chapter 7?
(a) The one of Cooter and Mr. Travis.
(b) One about Old Flapjack.
(c) One of Mrs. Holton's savings to buy her husband.
(d) One about his mother's fear of toads.
4. In what country does Elijah live with his family?
5. How did Mr. Travis behave, in Cooter's opinion, when they met the Saturday before the opening of chapter 6?
(a) Increasingly upset about something.
(d) Kind and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elijah know in chapter 6 that Mr. Travis feels strongly about the subject for the day?
2. What excuse does Elijah's mother make for the bad jokes Mr. Segee makes?
3. What does Mr. Travis hit the top of his desk with in chapter 6?
4. What term does Elijah's mother use for exaggeration in story telling in chapter 2?
5. What does the preacher always tote as mentioned by Elijah in chapter 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)