|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah think in chapter 6 will happen to Mr. Travis after he teaches the students about a family breeding contest?
(a) He will be sent back to America.
(b) He will be fired and sent home.
(c) He will be tar and feathered.
(d) He will be arrested for indecency.
2. What does Elijah's family use their parlor for, as explained in chapter 5?
3. What type of animal does the preacher claim Elijah and Cooter are tracking in chapter 1?
(a) A rabid bear.
(b) A hoop snake.
(c) A snipe bird.
(d) A wild injun dog.
4. Why does Elijah's mother warn him not to stay out too late in chapter 5?
(a) So he will be home in time to say his prayers.
(b) So he will not be too tired to do his chores early in the morning.
(c) So he can have dessert with the familiy.
(d) So he will can visit with the neighbors before bed.
5. Who does Elijah drag into the house upon arriving in chapter 1 in order to protect them from the strange animal he and Cooter were tracking?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Holton.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does chapter 1 take place?
2. How many bears did Elijah picture in the woods around Buxton due to his father's strict warnings about the area?
3. How did Mr. Travis behave, in Cooter's opinion, when they met the Saturday before the opening of chapter 6?
4. Who chastises Elijah and Cooter in chapter 1 after they put a frog in the knitting of Elijah's mother?
5. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)