|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tithing?
(a) A type of hymnal.
(b) A type of prayer.
(c) A financial donation to the church.
(d) A tip for the local preacher.
2. Where does Flapjack spend all his time while Elijah fishes in chapter 3?
(a) The stable.
(b) Lying on the beach.
(c) The blackberry bushes.
(d) The water.
3. Who offers to take several of Elijah's fish to relieve him of his burden in chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Leroy.
(b) Mr. Waller.
(c) Miss Duncan.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
4. What does Elijah think scares away the small fish and attracts the big fish?
(a) The way the horseflies dive bomb the water.
(b) The way the horseflies drown in the water.
(c) The way the horseflies fly above the water.
(d) The way the horseflies move on the water's surface.
5. Who chastises Elijah and Cooter in chapter 1 after they put a frog in the knitting of Elijah's mother?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Elijah's father.
(c) Mr. Leroy.
(d) The preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual, in Elijah's mind, about the way Mr. Leroy eats fish?
2. What does Mr. Leroy say his son's name is in chapter 7?
3. For whom does Mr. Leroy work?
4. What type of animal does the preacher claim Elijah and Cooter are tracking in chapter 1?
5. Who does Elijah say shares the classroom with the black children of Buxton in chapter 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)