|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of animal does Elijah claim he prefers to ride in chapter 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A mule.
(c) An ox.
(d) A bull.
2. What did Elijah once overhear his father call the preacher?
(a) An abomination to the name of the Lord.
(b) A jackleg man of the Lord.
(c) A con man.
(d) A trickster.
3. What is tithing?
(a) A tip for the local preacher.
(b) A type of hymnal.
(c) A type of prayer.
(d) A financial donation to the church.
4. Who does Elijah's mother tell him dies a thousand deaths in chapter 1?
5. What are Cooter and Elijah looking at in chapter 1 when the preacher comes upon them?
(a) Dog tracks.
(b) Bear tracks.
(c) Bird tracks.
(d) Snake tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flapjack spend all his time while Elijah fishes in chapter 3?
2. What does Elijah's mother tell him at the end of chapter 2 that leaves him confused?
3. What does Elijah see wandering out of the woods in chapter 4 two days after the scare of the approaching slave catchers?
4. Where do many of the people of Buxton take their meals, as explained in chapter 5?
5. Who does Mr. Leroy tell Elijah in chapter 7 cut off his little finger of his left hand?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)