|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what two parts does Elijah separate his chores?
(a) Enjoying and unfortunate parts.
(b) Enjoying and hating parts.
(c) Working and playing parts.
(d) Working and enjoying parts.
2. How many times do the people of Buxton ring the Liberty Bell when a new refugee arrives?
3. Who first showed Elijah the lake where he fishes and swims?
(a) Old Flapjack.
(b) Mr. Leroy.
(c) Mr. Segee.
(d) The preacher.
4. In what shape is the scar on Mrs. Taylor's back that the Miss Duncans say proves she is their sister, Alice?
(a) A moon.
(b) A square.
(c) A circle.
(d) A heart.
5. What type of material does the mesmerist convince Samuel his clothing is made out of while he is hypnotized in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elijah go into Chatham in chapter 13?
2. What is the full title of the carnival that is coming to Chatham?
3. What is Elijah's symbolic last name?
4. What does a notice in the post office window in Chatham tell Elijah to do?
5. Who warns Elijah in the beginning of chapter 8 of the preacher's presence?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)