|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things does Madame Sabbar shoot at in chapter 8?
(a) Audience members.
(c) Stuffed animals.
(d) Candles and bulls-eye targets.
2. What tribe does the preacher suggest Elijah was once a member of in chapter 10?
3. Where do many of the people of Buxton take their meals, as explained in chapter 5?
(a) In the yard outside.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) At a group meeting place near the schoolyard.
4. What does Elijah say in chapter 3 the preacher likes to do when he is talking?
(a) Wave his arms around.
(b) Stamp his feet.
5. What does Elijah's family use their parlor for, as explained in chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What things does MaWee do for the carnival that he thinks Elijah has come to replace him at in chapter 10?
2. What type of material does the mesmerist convince Samuel his clothing is made out of while he is hypnotized in chapter 9?
3. What is shooting out of the eyes of the white man in the poster that Elijah sees in chapter 9 and says will haunt him all his life?
4. Why does Elijah's mother warn him not to stay out too late in chapter 5?
5. Where do Elijah and Cooter run to in the beginning of chapter 12?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)