|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance do the painted decorations of the restored building seem to have?
2. How does Ottilie react in the wake of the tragedy?
(a) She immediately jumps into the lake and kills herself.
(b) She swears to atone for her sins by renouncing Eduard completely.
(c) She vows to become a nun and do only God's work from then on.
(d) She acquiesces to Eduard's request for her hand in marriage.
3. What is Eduard's plan for his own future?
(a) He and the Major will slake their lust by means of other seductions.
(b) He and the Major will swear to be bachelors forever.
(c) He and Charlotte will divorce, and he will marry Ottilie.
(d) He and Charlotte will remain married, and he will conduct an affair with Ottilie.
4. What motion does Ottilie make that distinctly translates her desires for the future?
(a) Going to the Major and kneeling submissively before him.
(b) Gesturing toward the cliff face and indicating she will jump off.
(c) Seizing Eduard's and Charlotte's hands and bringing them together.
(d) Covering her face in her hands and dressing in a nun's black habit.
5. What do the Major and Eduard first do when they are reunited?
(a) Agree to sabotage Charlotte's plan.
(b) Recall old memories.
(c) Plan their next military campaign.
(d) Go to the inn and get drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal does Eduard arrange with the Major to notify him of his plan's success?
2. What is the house guest's suggested remedy for children who do not follow in their parents' footsteps?
3. What faux pas does the foreign visitor's companion notice?
4. What mistake does Eduard make while leaving the note?
5. What activity of Luciane's, meant to amuse the company, ends up with Luciane looking foolish?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)