|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Ottilie make that breaks her usual care and good sense?
(a) To row across the lake with Otto aboard.
(b) To take Otto up a very steep and narrow cliffside path.
(c) To leave Otto in the care of a young village girl.
(d) To lay Otto down on the shoreline and walk alone.
2. Which unexpected visitor arrives during the performance of the artistic activity planned by the architect?
(a) The headmistress.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The schoolmaster.
(d) The mason.
3. What new feature of Eduard's character makes him more like Ottilie?
(a) He suffers from one-sided headaches.
(b) He eats less and less.
(c) He loses his voice.
(d) His handwriting becomes more like Ottilie's.
4. What is the general substance of Ottilie's second journal entry?
(a) Her love for Eduard.
(b) The transience of ownership of art.
(c) The dichotomy of good and evil.
(d) The state of Charlotte's marriage.
5. What event marks the newborn's baptism with foreboding?
(a) The spilling of the holy water.
(b) The sudden death of the clergyman.
(c) The awkward way Charlotte explains Eduard's absence.
(d) The poor turnout for the event at the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ottilie respond to Eduard's note?
2. How did Charlotte find out Eduard had joined the military?
3. What building does the architect persuade Charlotte to restore?
4. How does Eduard view the tragedy?
5. What is Eduard's plan for his own future?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)