Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the house guest's suggested remedy for children who do not follow in their parents' footsteps?
(a) Threatenting to disown the child unless he or she capitulates.
(b) Allowing the child to follow his or her own unique path in life.
(c) Punishing the child until he or she agrees to be like his or her parents.
(d) Making the child an equal partner in the parent's endeavors.
2. Which of Luciane's "experiments in moral regeneration" goes badly wrong?
(a) Her endeavors to patch up Charlotte and Eduard's relationship.
(b) Her education of a young peasant boy.
(c) Her efforts to introduce a foreign friend into high society.
(d) Her attempt to re-socialize a mad young woman.
3. Whom does Eduard meet unexpectedly as he walks?
4. What does Charlotte agree to, in the midst of the tragedy?
(a) Leaving the estate and live in a convent.
(b) Taking her own life and thereby atoning for her sins.
(c) Eduard's request for a divorce.
(d) Suing the person responsible for the tragedy.
5. What faux pas does the foreign visitor's companion notice?
(a) His friend has distinctly offended his host's family history.
(b) His friend has crossed an invisible cultural boundary.
(c) His friend has inadvertently saddened and tormented Ottilie.
(d) His friend mistranslated a normal word into a profanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Ottilie does not take Otto with her?
2. How does Ottilie respond to Eduard's note?
3. What does the narrator consider to be the conflicting sides of Luciane's character?
4. What seemingly miraculous event occurs during Ottilie's funeral?
5. What motion does Ottilie make that distinctly translates her desires for the future?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)