1. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
2. Who is married to the owner of the estate?
3. What activity are the married couple primarily engaged in at the beginning of the novel?
Improving the landscape of their estate.
4. Whom does the master of the estate propose come to live with himself and his wife?
5. Where have the two young women mentioned in Part I, Chapter 1, been living for some years?
At a boarding school.
6. How did the master of the estate grow up?
Spoiled; he got everything he wanted.
This section contains 7,056 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)