|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 15-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Eduard make while leaving the note?
(a) He forgets that due to a change of plans, Ottilie will no longer arrive at that place.
(b) He accidentally locks himself in the room which Ottilie will be occupying.
(c) He neglects to sign it, so Ottilie will not know who wrote it.
(d) He accidentally leaves the note in the wrong room.
2. How did Charlotte find out Eduard had joined the military?
(a) She reads his name and his circumstances in a gazette.
(b) She happens to hear the local gossip while in town.
(c) An old family friend tells her he saw Eduard after a battle.
(d) She receives a letter from him explaining his decision.
3. How do Eduard and Ottilie unexpectedly prove their compatibility with one another?
(a) By engaging in a debate.
(b) By reciting a dramatic scene.
(c) By playing a game of cards.
(d) By playing music together.
4. What building does the architect persuade Charlotte to restore?
(a) The church.
(b) The stables.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The pavilion.
5. After Charlotte confronts him, what does Eduard resolve to do?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To leave home.
(c) To seduce Ottilie.
(d) To obtain a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ottilie's relationship with the architect like?
2. What is the house guest's suggested remedy for children who do not follow in their parents' footsteps?
3. Where does Eduard ride to in order to await Ottilie's arrival at the beginning of Part II, Chapter 16?
4. What language do Charlotte and Ottilie speak when they are alone?
5. What faux pas does the foreign visitor's companion notice?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)