|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the male guest criticize about the estate?
(a) The mistress's planning and layout of the improvements.
(b) The general lack of aptitude of the servants.
(c) The boring, humdrum nature of the surrounding area.
(d) The master's indecent liberties taken with the serving-girls.
2. Early in the novel, what is the general feeling among the four main occupants of the household?
(a) They enjoy feelings of mutual affection and goodwill.
(b) They find themselves quarreling over minor matters.
(c) They begin to suspect one another of adultery.
(d) They increasingly want more time alone instead of together.
3. Who is married to the owner of the estate?
4. To whom does the captain find himself irresistibly attracted?
5. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ottilie respond to Charlotte's mention of the Captain potentially getting married?
2. How does the narrator describe Charlotte when Eduard comes to make love to her?
3. What service does Ottilie volunteer to do for Eduard?
4. At whom does Eduard lose his temper while making the new plans for the estate?
5. Upon what date does the completion of the restoration of the building occur?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)