|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects on Eduard's property are exactly the same age as Ottilie?
(a) The peacocks which strut all over the estate.
(b) The moss hut on the hill.
(c) The plane trees by the lake.
(d) The topiaries in the main garden.
2. What does Ottilie set in the foundation stone with the other peoples' offerings?
(a) A miniature portrait of her father.
(b) A ring her mother gave her.
(c) A letter from the schoolmaster.
(d) A lock of her own hair.
3. What is the second main project the male guest of the estate proposes to his hosts?
(a) To rebuild the ruined church in the village.
(b) To set sail around the European continent.
(c) To make a map of the entire estate.
(d) To make an inventory of the estate.
4. What is the name of Charlotte's daughter?
5. What event do the men resolve should mark the celebratory finishing date of their various improvements to the landscape of the estate?
(a) The anniversary of the Captain's arrival at the estate.
(b) Charlotte and Eduard's anniversary.
(c) Ottilie's birthday.
(d) The death of Herr Mittler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the male guest criticize about the estate?
2. What does Eduard convince Ottilie of regarding Charlotte and/or the Captain?
3. What building does the architect persuade Charlotte to restore?
4. What building do the captain and Eduard decide to construct on the grounds of the estate?
5. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)