|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general substance of Ottilie's second journal entry?
(a) Her love for Eduard.
(b) The state of Charlotte's marriage.
(c) The transience of ownership of art.
(d) The dichotomy of good and evil.
2. What does the schoolmaster's second letter say about Ottilie, in general?
(a) That she is the first girl of the school and has won all the year's academic prizes.
(b) That she is intelligent, but not suited to the environment of the school.
(c) That she is one of the stupidest girls at the school, and he recommends she be sent home.
(d) That she is a troublemaker and that the other girls fear and shun her.
3. Which representation of an artistic work results in the most applause for Luciane?
(a) Gerald Terborch's "Instruction Paternelle."
(b) Jan Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring."
(c) Mozart's "The Magic Flute."
(d) Handel's "Messiah."
4. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
5. What frightening event mars the celebration Eduard had so carefully planned?
(a) A dam collapses and spills people into the water.
(b) A violent storm frightens the guests.
(c) A horse rears, throwing its rider, and striking a few people.
(d) A madman shoots a party guest and runs away
Short Answer Questions
1. What very capable person, who takes over the work of the landscape improvements, is the Captain very pleased with?
2. What is the name of the peasant girl who attaches herself to Ottilie?
3. What objects on Eduard's property are exactly the same age as Ottilie?
4. What do the Captain and Charlotte resolve to do regarding the landscape improvements?
5. In what activities do Charlotte and Ottilie engage the village girls?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)