|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
2. What is the name of the man who often visits the estate?
3. Once the Captain leaves, what does Charlotte suggest to Eduard regarding Ottilie?
(a) That Ottilie return to the boarding school or to her great-aunt's home.
(b) That Charlotte and Ottilie embark on a trip to Italy to view famous sculptures.
(c) That Ottilie become the governess to a wealthy family.
(d) That Eduard and Ottilie leave together to indulge their mutual passion.
4. Who does the mistress of the house think has a more-than-average interest in Ottilie?
(a) The schoolmaster.
(b) The male guest at the estate.
(c) A common peasant.
(d) The master of the estate.
5. How does Ottilie respond to Charlotte's mention of the Captain potentially getting married?
(a) She cruelly gushes about how the Captain will make a fine husband to another woman.
(b) She becomes suspicious of Charlotte.
(c) She asks Charlotte directly about her relationship with the Captain.
(d) She makes no response at all and goes about life as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the female guest of the estate related to the mistress of the estate?
2. What objects on Eduard's property are exactly the same age as Ottilie?
3. What does Eduard propose to sell to pay for the main project undertaken by the household?
4. In what activities do Charlotte and Ottilie engage the village girls?
5. What is one subject of the guests and hosts' conversation during the group's first dinner together?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)