|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is married to the owner of the estate?
2. What does the male guest criticize about the estate?
(a) The mistress's planning and layout of the improvements.
(b) The master's indecent liberties taken with the serving-girls.
(c) The general lack of aptitude of the servants.
(d) The boring, humdrum nature of the surrounding area.
3. Whom does the master of the estate propose come to live with himself and his wife?
(a) The General.
(b) The Count.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Baroness.
4. What habit does Eduard change as a result of Ottilie's presence and influence?
(a) His recitation of the day's events.
(b) His way of reading.
(c) His habit of pipe smoking.
(d) His attendance at church.
5. What event does the captain suggest must be celebrated in a special manner?
(a) Charlotte's birthday.
(b) The Captain's wedding.
(c) Ottilie's debutante ball.
(d) Eduard's homecoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Eduard, Charlotte, and the captain speak of the concept of elective affinities?
2. What is the second main project the male guest of the estate proposes to his hosts?
3. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
4. What building do the captain and Eduard decide to construct on the grounds of the estate?
5. How do Eduard and Ottilie unexpectedly prove their compatibility with one another?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)