|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
2. How do Eduard, Charlotte, and the captain speak of the concept of elective affinities?
(a) In terms of A, B, C, and D.
(b) In terms of 1, 2, 3, and 4.
(c) In terms of apples, oranges, bananas, and pears.
(d) In terms of men, women, children, and animals.
3. What habit does Eduard change as a result of Ottilie's presence and influence?
(a) His way of reading.
(b) His attendance at church.
(c) His recitation of the day's events.
(d) His habit of pipe smoking.
4. Whom does the master of the estate propose come to live with himself and his wife?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) The General.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Count.
5. What act of submissiveness does Charlotte warn Ottilie against?
(a) Lowering one's eyes before royalty.
(b) Deferring to one's host in conversation.
(c) Walking slowly to accommodate the pace of the elderly.
(d) Stooping to pick up something dropped by a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building do the captain and Eduard decide to construct on the grounds of the estate?
2. How do Eduard and Ottilie unexpectedly prove their compatibility with one another?
3. Who is married to the owner of the estate?
4. What personality trait is notable about Ottilie?
5. What trait is the man who often visits the estate known for?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)