|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does the male guest propose to his hosts upon his first look at the lands around the estate?
(a) That the trio make a journey to the court.
(b) That the trio make a detailed survey of the land.
(c) That the trio return to the comfort of the main house.
(d) That the trio hire a friend of his for the gardening.
2. What subject do Eduard and his male guest discuss in the night?
(a) Their old amorous adventures at court.
(b) Their history working for the provincial governor.
(c) The fleeting constancy of their wives.
(d) The questionable politics of the Captain.
3. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
4. What is the name of the man who often visits the estate?
5. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the male guest criticize about the estate?
2. What incites Eduard to make a passionate visit to Charlotte?
3. Which person is to be another guest at the estate?
4. Where have the two young women mentioned in Part I, Chapter 1, been living for some years?
5. What building do the companions find, with pleasure, that can easily hold all four of them?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)