|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do both the master of the estate and his male guest share?
2. What act of submissiveness does Charlotte warn Ottilie against?
(a) Walking slowly to accommodate the pace of the elderly.
(b) Deferring to one's host in conversation.
(c) Stooping to pick up something dropped by a man.
(d) Lowering one's eyes before royalty.
3. What is one subject of the guests and hosts' conversation during the group's first dinner together?
(a) The new taxation structure favored by the monarchy.
(b) The value of the farmstead and its surrounding fields.
(c) Eduard and Charlotte's early love at court.
(d) Ottilie's schooling and her future as a governess.
4. What idea of the male guest strikes Charlotte like a "thunderbolt?"
(a) The man advises Charlotte to run away with the Captain since they are clearly in love.
(b) The man suggests that Charlotte and Eduard divorce so they may marry others.
(c) The man feels Ottilie is dull company, and he advises Charlotte to turn her out of the house.
(d) The man would like to recommend the Captain to a position with a high powered friend.
5. What incident prompts the captain and Charlotte to kiss?
(a) Eduard and the captain duel over Ottilie's affections.
(b) The captain gets the boat stuck and carries Charlotte to safety.
(c) The captain kisses Charlotte to thank her for securing him a job.
(d) Charlotte confesses her dark desires to the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does the male guest propose to his hosts upon his first look at the lands around the estate?
2. Which person is to be another guest at the estate?
3. What building do the companions find, with pleasure, that can easily hold all four of them?
4. How do Eduard and Charlotte act in front of the others the morning after they sleep together?
5. What building do the captain and Eduard decide to construct on the grounds of the estate?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)